Help & Support Needed x

2013 is my year! I've been big since childhood. I was always the slightly overweight child, then lost my only sibling when I was 9. Now, there are groups to support grieving kids but back then (nearly 30 years ago) they didn't exist. I did a lot of comfort eating.
Add to that parents who rewarded, comforted & quietened me with food (& encouraged me to 'finish my plate to get pudding') & I'm left with a habit built over 3 decades which is so difficult to break.
I have never been anything other than big so I don't have those 'thin' pics to put on the fridge to inspire me. I have no idea what thin feels like.
But I have a beautiful young daughter (athletic already like her Daddy), and she is my inspiration to change. I also have a husband who has supported me through every failed health & fitness attempt, yet still supports me & believes in me on this one.
It is time to stop blaming my upbringing, my genes, that fact my husband loves me 'as I am', my sedentary job, my big bones, my tall frame. I could go on...
It is time to do this for me & to take responsibility for my own destiny. It'll be hard but I feel more positive than ever before.
I start on 07/01/13.
2013 is my year.

Back