Help! Tasty and impressive dinner party desserts

Hello!

I like to periodically hold dinner parties, not done for a while but got one coming up next week. I'm ok with starter / main course as have found recipes I can adapt fairly easily. But am really struggling when it comes to dessert. I want something that doesn't taste at all like diet food. I am happy to use up all my days syns (and even exceed, as can cut back on other days), but everything i usually make is absolutely laden with butter, sugar, or cream! Or usually all three, lol.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks

Em x

The roulade is dead nice & low syn, I normally do something like a cheescake & just substitute all the high syn ingredients for low syn - e.g. you could use extra light philly rather than full fat soft cheese & instead of sugar use sweetener, it still always works out quite high but it is normally a 1/4 of the full fat syns.

Meringues, fruit & squirty cream are always a good low syn option too, you could have the low fat version of the cream & the guests can have full fat if necessary.

Ooooh I shall follow this thread with interest! I'm going to my friends dinner party on Friday and I'm bringing dessert!! Normally I would whip up a white chocolate cheesecake but I can't see that being very adaptable lol!! I'm doing SW and my friend is calorie counting so it needs to be suitable for both of us. Hmmmm.....

These two desserts look nice for about 8 syns each....

Crushed raspberry creams recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Chocolate muffins with hot chocolate custard recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

also,

Chocolate mousse..

You can adapt the chocolate mousse recipes you see online that use eggs and chocolate by using less melted chocolate and adding vlf natural yoghurt and gelatine to the recipe. Makes it lower syn but still with a non diet taste.

Raspberry meringue..

Meringue nests (bought or home made) with fresh whipped cream and raspberries. Meringue is quite low syn, cream you can have as much as you can afford to syn-your guests can have more cream if need be!! Plenty of lovely raspberries mmmmmm...

Back