Help! What am I doing wrong?

supergran52

Can anyone advise me please.I started following SW at home at New Year. I weighed in at 13st. I know I shouldn't weigh more than once a week but the temptation is too great. I have had one or two readings of 12st 10 but mostly the scales say 12st 12 which means I have only lost 2lbs in 7 weeks. I know I have been on and off SW for years so is this the reason? I thought that following the plan properly would mean about 1lb a week loss. I have done red, green and EE so it's not lack of variety. I do tend to use my HEA for milk, in tea and on cereal. I also use my HEB for cereal but that is a mixture of Weetabix, Shreaded Wheat, porridge or Asda crunchy bran, always with fruit added. On red days my 2nd HEB will be potato with my dinner and on green some chicken or fish so I have the same sort of meal as my husband and don't cook twice. I use my sins for kitkats or muller corners or yoghurts that are sinned. Sometimes I use up the milk for custard or hot chocolate. I try to stick to 10 syns. Where am I going wrong? I do have scan bran sometimes as well. All help greatfully received.

Hi
I didn't just want to read and run...

I can see how frustrated you must be with the scales. I am far from an expert on SW but I find the only way I can follow this plan is if I write everything down in a food diary. Maybe start doing that?

I don't think because you've done SW over the years that it would slow your losses down - as you say, you are following the plan you should be losing a 1lb a week - regardless if you've just started or been doing it for 20 years.

I hope someone will answer you with a bit more knowledge than me...

But chin up lovely - I'm sure it will come good eventually.

Lx

Are you having enough fruit and veg? Sometimes upping the proportions of Superfree food with each meal you have really gives your losses a boost.

I've found that each time I return to SW my losses are much slower, and like you i've been on and off it for years. I think the first time I did it, my eating habits prior to starting were very different, where as now when I'm off-plan I don't think my eating habits are vastly different to the plan, just a few more indulgences like bread, marg & cheese, but still with the same foods overall, so I think it's less of a shock for the body when I get back on plan.

Thank you LV30 and Jennyonaplate for your replies. I think I will write everything down this week and see what happens. I was so fed up last night I ate a Lidls 'twix'. Think they are called Mr Choc. probably a weeks worth of syns in one go!! Back on track this am with 2 shredded wheat and some blueberries for bfast Just drunk 3 glasses of water to try and flush the fat away. I do have lots of veg. carrots,brocolli,cauli and green beans being regulars. Also have lots of mushrooms and peppers in strifry. Not a fan of courgettes and butternut squash which I know some slimmers on here eat lots of. I also don't want to start cooking two meals and my hubby doesn't need to lose weight. I do keep lots of single portion spag bol in the freezer, then if I have quorn he gets the spag bol instead.

How frustrating for you :(

I'm not on SW myself but from what I remember of it from trying it a few years ago, aren't there some food they call "speed foods" that can help boost your weight loss? Maybe try to incorporate them into your meals if you can. And what about exercise, are you doing any? That can definitely help. And water, lots of water - the more you drink the more you shrink, as a WW leader told me once lol!

Good luck, hope the scales start shifting for you soon :) x

Why don't you post your days eating on here and we can look at it for you? And the other thing is, are you sure your scales are accurate? My scales said I'd put 1lb on this week but in actual fact I'd lost! If it has batteries are they low? Get your tape measure out, and look for inch loss, that HAS to be right!
Are you sure you are scoring all your syns? I know I lose count on a saturday night :rolleyes:

Hello Maisiemoodle and judimac. Thank you for your advice. I'm sorry to say I don't really do any exercise apart from walking everywhere with a fair bit of walking in work. I believe my scales are pretty accurate as they are digital ones and quite new. I think I will spend some time this weekend looking through my books again and see if I can spot anything I am getting confused by. I have just had mushy pea curry and rice for tea and I'm full. I had salad for lunch followed by a yoghurt from Lidls which are synned. Not sure how many but haven't had anything else with syns yet today.

Back