Help! what am I doing wrong?

no1mom23

Silver Member
I've been having 2 shakes, 1 bar and about 240gms of chicken a day. I also drink 4lts of water per day. I'm on week 2 but I don't seem to be loosing weight this week. I'm not due to weigh until tuesday but had a sneek peek today and my weight is the same. Last week was TOM and I lost 8lb that week which was great but now I'm feeling reall demotivated cause I was expecting 3lbs this week and I'll be lucky if its a lb :cry:

please help - what am I doing wrong?

Hey no1mum
I reckon the only thing you're doing wrong is weighing yourself too often ;) (I do too - will try to wean myself off the daily weighing at some point!)
With what you're eating you must be well under 1000 cals a day, and should be in ketosis too, so the fat will be being burnt. Maybe your hormones make you retain water after TOM? Or have you been drinking anything other than water that could make you retain water (e.g. caffeine?)
Good luck, please don't feel downhearted! If you keep going you might find whatever it was today has gone by tomorrow and you'll still be on track for 3lbs! Easier said than done I know to keep motivated at times like this, I know thats my biggest challenge this time round!

this is TMI - have u been to the loo if u know what i mean? haha

would the coffee make a difference? We were away for the weekend and my treat was to have a coffee with a wee bit of milk. Gone are the days when my treat was junk food or a take away - lol

Not constipated so I don't think thats it.

shouldnt have. Bottom line, if youre sticking to it, it IS working, just let the scale catch up x

My weigh in day is a Monday, and sometimes I do hop on the scales mid week, and they show no loss. But come the Monday I'm 3lbs down. Hang in there! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

HI Andie Pandie - This is why I just don't weigh - it always de motivates me. This diet cannot not work - trust it. Be patient, it will happen. I can't think a bit of milk will make any difference but if you weigh too often, get demotivated and eat the wrong thing it will.
So hang on in, be patient, it always works.

GSQ

thank you that gives me hope. Suppose I should really try and do some exercise to help with the weightloss just hard to find the energy with 3 wee ones and my younest keeps waking at 5am

Be kind to yourself, don't worry about exercise just yet. You have enough to get your head and body around a new way of being. As the weight falls off you will have more energy and actually want to exercise. That's what I found anyway.
You will find a way to exercise around or with your children, but don't worry too much just now, focus on adjusting to a totally new way of getting nutrition.
GSQ

would the coffee make a difference? We were away for the weekend and my treat was to have a coffee with a wee bit of milk. Gone are the days when my treat was junk food or a take away - lol

Not constipated so I don't think thats it.

No thats not going to make any difference at all. The only change you need to make is staying off the scales between weigh ins ;)

Don't weigh yourself too much. Day before WI I weighed in and there was no change. The next day I had lost 3 lbs. It all depends on the water content in your body at the time of WI along with other factors. So just WI once a week, in the morning after you have gone to the toilet. x

Make sure it's the same time of day you're weighing in, wearing the same kind of things (or nothing). I'm about 3lbs heavier in the evening than I am in the morning - probably all the water I'm drinking!

everyones been great - thank you. I must admit I felt like heading for the fridge but your messages have really helped me. xx

thank you that gives me hope. Suppose I should really try and do some exercise to help with the weightloss just hard to find the energy with 3 wee ones and my younest keeps waking at 5am
:wave_cry:Hi no1mom23, I have 7 little darlings - and my two year old twins (arrgghh!!) started getting up at that time too, but I've started taking them swimming and running the legs off them at our nature walk - it seems to be working in two ways - I'm losing regular weight and twins are sleeping later too - WINNER!!;)

Back