Help with Cooking Steak please!!!

Lianna

Silver Member
Right so i got some of the Morrisons half price sirloin steak :) but how should i cook it so its nice? i like it well done no blood, do you all use fry light when cooking steak? or use proper oil and syn it?

I squirt a little frylight into the pan - seal for 1 min each side then cook for a futher 3/4 mins or so each side, sprinkle with herbs & place in a pre-heated but off oven, so it can rest for 5 mins, delish!!

I squirt a little frylight into the pan - seal for 1 min each side then cook for a futher 3/4 mins or so each side, sprinkle with herbs & place in a pre-heated but off oven, so it can rest for 5 mins, delish!!

Does that make it cooked well done then? x

Right so i got some of the Morrisons half price sirloin steak :) but how should i cook it so its nice? i like it well done no blood, do you all use fry light when cooking steak? or use proper oil and syn it?

i am a big big steak fan and forme best way to cook it is first season it slightly then put it on george foreman grill...love that bbq taste and leaves steak tender also :):rolleyes:

Ya see, i only have a really small george forman, so my options are pan or oven lol X

I tend to Grill my steaks! I like mine rare though and always tend to overcook it in the grill, so I'm sure you would definitely be able to cook yours well done under the grill!

I put cajun spices on mine, or season all and garlic pepper! xxx

Ya see, i only have a really small george forman, so my options are pan or oven lol X

oh, you dont have a grill? I guess ignore my last post then...I dont see why you couldnt bake a steak, but I've never seen or heard of it being done lol! Depends how thick the steak is, the thick ones would take forever in the pan! x

make sure you pan is HOT before you put it in, smoking! fry light the pan and then put the steak in and do 1minute either side. then turn the heat down to medium and cook for about another 2.5minutes either side for it to be well done.

cut into it and see how 'done' it is, if it's still bloody and you want it more done, cook it for a little longer.

if you have the syns, put some butter in the pan at the end and pour that and the juices over your steak! Mmmmmmmmm

also, before you cook your steak, ensure it's out of the fridge at room temperature for at least half an hour, and ensure you put some salt and pepper on either side too, before you cook it.

mmmmmmmm steak!

oh, you dont have a grill? I guess ignore my last post then...I dont see why you couldnt bake a steak, but I've never seen or heard of it being done lol! Depends how thick the steak is, the thick ones would take forever in the pan! x

Lol yes i do have a grill :) it rubbish tho X

I spray the pan with fry light, season the steak, and pop it on when the pan is really hot. I don't like steak well done, so I only do it for a couple of minutes for both sides, and it's perfect for me, however you just need to fry for longer until it's perfect for you.

I personally I would not cook it into the oven, I like mine medium rare. My mum likes her well done, so she is happy to put it into the oven. I think the pan option with fry light would be the best option, just cook it other side, it will start browning up and then just leave it to cook. Just prick a knife or fork into the steak and you will be able to tell if it is still bloody or not.
Hope you enjoy it! I am completely jealous!!!!!

I personally I would not cook it into the oven, I like mine medium rare. My mum likes her well done, so she is happy to put it into the oven. I think the pan option with fry light would be the best option, just cook it other side, it will start browning up and then just leave it to cook. Just prick a knife or fork into the steak and you will be able to tell if it is still bloody or not.
Hope you enjoy it! I am completely jealous!!!!!

I cant wait :) why dont you get yourself to morrisons whilst sirloin is on hal;f price!! X

I am very much tempted! I have to take my daughter to the doctors at 4.. which is just down the road from Morrisons! :-s oooh I dunno! Was gonna make rich beef stew!... hmmm steak chips and salad sounds much better! lol Okay! Sold! x x

lol me and steak would never take very much persuation!! I could eat steak for everymeal everyday! honestly would not bother me!

me too, love steak!

i tooonly have a very small george grill but you can still cook steak on it and sometimes two ifthey are smaller

I had my steak last night with salad and roasties hmmmmm lovely!!!!!!

Back