Help with eating for days with Christmas meal

mawallace44

I am going to our Christmas meal and am having the following:-

onion soup with a cheddar croutons - with bread roll
nut roast with roast potatoes & gravy
sorebt

I reckon this will blow my daily calorie intake!

Obviously I need to eat something for breakfast - I am thinking about a slice of wholemeal toast, a bowl of cereal and a low fat yoghurt (300 calories in all) and then for tea perhaps a sandwich and a piece of fruit (say 200 caloires)

with a piece of fruit for a snack mid morning and in the afternoon

What do you think? Any alternative suggestions??

I am concious of the importance of having enough breakfast time!

Could you ask for the soup without croutons ? Have your nut roast without the roasties but extra veg. That way you've cut out loads of calories.

Also your other food- two slices of bread and a piece of fruit sets you back nearly 300 calories before you've put any filling in it. Why not must have a salad to nibble on. It would keep you going without being too heavy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Personally i would eat normally breakfast and lunch and just accept you'll be over.

If you scrimp on the earlier part of the day you'll be more likely to binge on the unhealthy food and drink later on

i dont think that sounds too bad, i had a goats cheese as my starter, big dinner and then chocolate brownie with ice cream after! just accept you'll be over and enjoy your xmas lunch! x

I agree with the above. Your dinner sounds pretty good though as you are have a light soup and very light pudding. What about a nice brisk walk after lunch. I will be dragging my lot to beach on Xmas morning for walk as just moved near and looking forward to the fresh air before lethargy sets in after lunch!!!!
Best wishes

Im going to keep to my 1700cal limit but if I get nearer to maintance of 2200 then I wont worry as its only 1 or 2 days. Christmas day and boxing day are busy for me but il still eat normal on those days

Back