Help with family meal out

coops

Ello all! I'm going out with family in a few weeks to an all-you-can-eat buffet type restaurant. It's not something I want to get out of, I want to be able to go to these places and enjoy myself without going ott, so I'm trying to look at this night out as a positive thing not something to panic about and then say stuff it and pig out like I used to!

Ive been 100% ss and loving it so I really don't want to ruin all my hard work!

So, please can you lovely people help me out and have a look at the menu and let me know what would be good things to eat?

http://www.redhot-worldbuffet.com/buffetfood_cardiff.html

Thank you in advance xx

I think your right to look at the menu in advance but I think it needs to be you that chooses as know one else really knows your preferenceses.

A quick google of each dish you fancy should give you an idea of calorie count, which may help you.

Things I think to remember at a buffet are going to be:
Portion control, a portion should be size of the palm of your hand, with a full dinner should be hand being hand cupped,
watch out for sauces and dishes containing them,
Try to get plenty of veg/salad on the plate.
Drink a glass of water before eating
Put your knife a folk down between mouth fulls.
Be wary of drinking your calories, orange juice is like 120 per glass (half pint), wine is what 200.

Personally I'd probs opt for something grilled and would stick to chicken or fish, with steamed rice, and would defo avoid chips, fried rice, breads (naan).

Oh and lastly if you do go all out, just remember 1 night is only going to kill your diet if you let it, you just got to get back on it and not let it get you down.

I had to go to someones 65th and retirement party on Thursday it was an Italian place. There was pizzan flying everywhere lol
I ended up just having salad and some garlic mushrooms.
It was well worth it thoughmy weigh in was Saturday and I lost 9lb imagine if I filled my face with pizza :( lol wouldn't of been good

WoW - that's a big menu! But at least you'll have loads of choice and there's actually quite a few things in there you can eat (assuming they dont have anything 'extra' added to them e.g

Thai minced chicken salad
Traditional Caesar salad (no croutons)
Chicken orange mint with feta salad
Chicken cold cuts
Sashimi
Prawns (avoid the marie rose dressing if poss)

Good luck - that menu makes me want to stuff my face!

xxx

weird i posted on here hours ago but it didnt appear

Anyway jist of what I said was, remember the basics of eating out.

Portion control, palm of hand is a portion, a meal is hands cupped together.

Avoid the sauces if possible.

Knife and Folk down between bites.

Oh and perhaps google some of the dishes to check calories etc, as something like egg fried rice can really crank them up without realising.

I won't comment on the menu but here are a couple of tricks worth trying.

Firstly the obvious one. Drink lots of water before you go. Consider having a hot drink whilst you are there as they are more satisfying.

Secondly, have a pack or two before you go so you feel fuller. The fuller you feel, the less likely you'll be to overindulge.

WoW - that's a big menu! But at least you'll have loads of choice and there's actually quite a few things in there you can eat (assuming they dont have anything 'extra' added to them e.g

Thai minced chicken salad
Traditional Caesar salad (no croutons)
Chicken orange mint with feta salad
Chicken cold cuts
Sashimi
Prawns (avoid the marie rose dressing if poss)

Good luck - that menu makes me want to stuff my face!

xxx
No orange! Both the citric acid and the fructose will take you out of ketosis. For a similar reason, watch anything thai as it may contain lime juice.

ooh good spot Spangles! Damn that citric acid...

Thanks everyone, I'm going to have a pack before I go and drink lots of water while I'm there, I'll let you know how I get on x

Back