• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Help with Lunch

Hello all!

Glad to be back on here and on SW.
Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations for things that Shane could take for his lunch. We're doing EE.
I dont want him being hungry as thats when you give in to something naughty. Today hes away with a tuna salad and noodles to go plus mullers and fruit.

Was thinking maybe some low syn ready meals or something that would vary his lunch menu.

I dont want him to get fed up or be hungry and then him pack SW in cause we both need to stick at it and not give up, I gave up over a year ago and now I see the same faces on here who have all lost loads of weight and im still at square one. :cry:
I have a wedding dress to squeeze myself into September 2010 :character00250:

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I like taking savoury rice with a cooked chopped up veggie burger in (.5 syns per burger from sainsburys), you can bulk up the rice by adding lots of salad or more sweetcorn etc.

jaylou

Gold Member
Hi, I have to vary my OH's lunches too so he doesn't get bored.
More often than not he takes left overs to microwave. I always make extra and freeze in case we are not having the same colour day the next day!
He sometimes takes home made soup with a HEX of bread.
Tinned sardines in tomato sauce on toast, supernoodles, packets of ainsley cous cous, a tin of beans to have on toast. A jacket potato and a tin of beans.

I do hope your OH has a microwave :D Otherwise those food flasks are really good.

chilli made with beans and peas is lovely and free on a green day so he could eat a mountain of the stuff and if he really wanted he could have some rice with it too, it freezes really well and I think tastes nicer after its been defrosted and warmed back up there is a recipie for 3 bean chilli up in the recipies thread.. though I make it five bean just cos im greedy lol

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/17703-recipes-13.html#post1037097
food flasks are ace if you dont have a microwave at work ! the stanley one which with its own spoon is only about a fiver in Wilkinsons, it was my lifesaver till they bought us a new microwave at work and It really did keep my food warm till lunch

Gen