Help with maintaining!

Shrimpy

Gold Member
Hiya,

I called target last week and did this week 100% to the letter. Stayed on plan, no blow outs 10- 15syns a day (as usual) and the extra B choice I was told to have.

I am utterly gutted, I gained 3lbs.

What do I do? My C is new at her job and suggested keeping to plan and continuing with the extra B to see if it was just a normal fluctuation. I don't wanna gain next week too!!! Any suggestions?!!

I think your consultant is right - you have to give it another week to find out whether or not the gain was due to other reasons. I reckon it must be because you have added less than 1000 calories over the course of the week, so not nearly enough to result in a 3lb gain.

Try not to worry too much, it does take a while to find the balance and it can be a huge psychological shift to get to the point where you accept that a gain is not the end of the world.

Good luck.

The same thing happened to me- I gained 2.5lb the week after I called target and I stuck to plan. The next week I dropped the extra HEB and I sts. So still 2.5 up which is a bit too close to my top end of target for my liking! In going to stick to no extra HEB til I lose it again then do a bit of experimenting. Xxxx

Thanks Circes and Julesm. I shall stick with having the extra B and see where I am next week. I'll try and be okay about the gain... :)

This maintaining lark isn't easy is it...

The first time I called target - I stuck with just the plan without the extra HeB - and lost 3.5lb the next week. Started introducing the extra heB - and still lost. At that point - i decided i wasn't happy with the idea of having a 4th HeB (I follow mainly red/green days) and reset target. (actually wasn't that happy having the third HeB to start with - just seemed so strange to do so).

It's truly a case of working out what works for you and playing around. I know members who can maintain without the extra HeB, some who have it a few times a week, some who need it every day. I also know some who regularly have a gain and then go back to the standard plan for a week to get it off, then have another gain.

I just wish there was more support out there for target members - it does seem a bit "lacking".

Have absolutely no experience of maintaining, I just wanted to say you've done exceptionally well to have lost so much!

Try giving it a month or so and see how you're weight balances out within that time. I'm sure over the month it will average out fine!

Well done on being brave and adding the extra Heb. I was too chicken to add an extra Heb every day the first week I got to Target, so I only added and extra Heb every other day at first.
I also upped my syns slowly to 105 per week because I'd lowered them to 70 per week for the last 3 stone.
Now I have 105 syns per week and still a heb extra every other day. I STS easily on this but also occasionally have stewed fruit as free.

I am wimpy about this... I have continued for wed, thurs and today to have the extra B and I seriously am hoping it'll shift. IO'm also going Scales Free to avoid the hopping on and off, so am utterly bricking it for next wed. I agree Ian, I wish there was some extra support! I'll try your ideas Eternity if I don't manage to this week. :)

Julesm, keep in touch, we'll play at maintaining together! :)

Thanks so much for the support FunkyMunky, and the perspective shift, I needed that! It is a LONG term thing anyway, so maybe I should be looking over a longer period.

target

Hi i've been at target now for about a year and a half and it is soooo difficult.What you don't have to do is relax too much and think all the hard work is done(like i did).
Your body will adjust to its own pattern of loss and gain.
Don't loose heart It's all trial and error at this stage.
Good luck and well done on reaching your target.

Back