HELP with money please please

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by amethyst, 9 May 2008 Social URL.

1. amethyst

amethyst Banned

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Does anyone know the exchange rate for the euro?

shall i just draw my money out over there?

exchange it here?

exchange it over there?

or buy euros of ebay?

or if anyone here has any for sale?

lol

help please i have no idea ...

thankyou :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. spooky

spooky Banned

Your main post office branch is a good start., Usually theres no comission to exchange currency, If not, have a walk down your local high street and look at travel agents for no comission exchange.

4. mandye

mandye Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    10st13lb(50.83%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDDGE DIET SS
    hi I would exchange it over here .Have already done mine at post office .You arent going to get a great rate at mo and predicted to get worse talk of it becoming even £1 to 1 euro .hope this helps and post office did have a slightly better rate for exchanges over £500 dont know whether its still on have a great hol xx

5. FYP

FYP Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(10.45%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    hi
    i would just go to the post office, they always have no commission charge to change it up for you, and also if you keep the receipt you can take back what u dont use and they will change it back into pounds for you (that never happens to me!!!..........)

6. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

def change it before you go at least you will have it then and wont be at bank machines and get charged for taking money out

becky x

7. Ruthlet

Ruthlet Wants to be a loser!

Diet:
    CD
    I picked up some euro today (holiday tomorrow :D).

Post Office is commission free and was offering a rate of 1.2071 euro per £1 today.

However, I got mine from M&S of all places. Commission free and exchange rate today was 1.221 per £1.

As Becky said, it is probably best to avoid taking money out once you are away in case you incur withdrawal &/or commission from your bank.

Have a lovely time in Greece :).

8. canireallydothis!!

canireallydothis!! Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge!
    Have you got a Co-operative Travel near where you are hun, work for them and we have some wicked rates.

Its low at the moment, due to the sterling being weak. Get it over here as my customers have told me about getting ripped off abroad, also never ever look at airports, last week manchester was 1.1657 nasty.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.