Help with target weight

kikuka

Tequila makes miaow happy
Hi everyone. I have been lurking for a while and getting on with my diet, but am starting to think about a proper final goal weight. I had originally set this at 60kg, or 9st 6 as that would put me at the very top of the healthy bmi range (I am 5ft 1)
However, talking with my cdc she feels that this may be too low. My body fat is now 36% and we have worked out that if I lose 12 more kg of fat, that will put me at the top end of the healthy body fat range, which will put me on a final goal of 67kg. Has anyone else had this issue - how accurate is bmi? Obviously, 7kg is about a stone so it is a big difference but I really want to set a realistic and healthy goal weight - and not settle for second best like I have in the past - really want to get it all off this time. I really, at the end of the day, want to be a size 12. i am a 16 now down from a 22:eek: so feeling enthusiastic!:D

wow - what a great loss so far!!
i'm not really sure about the scienific ways of doing it, i was small before, about size 8, and when i started this a 16 (where did it come from?!)
so i know i just wanna fit into those clothes again.
could you kkep going untill your happy with your size weight and healthyness (is that a word?)
sorry i cant be more help...maybe a cdc or someone who knows more will be along in a bit to help you out! x

Thanks Missmf - anyone else?

hey hun, me personally for my bmi to be on the high of safe side i have to get to 11 stone i am 5 foot 7! So i have set a goal to get to 11 stone! and then i will see how i feel at that weight, i am a size 14 now some 12's on the top, am happy but would really like to get to 11 stone to be safe!

I will probably end up getting to 10 stone though, but i will know when i am at 11 stone!

aim for what you feel you want to aim for, and then see when your there! only you will know how you feel :)

at the end of the day, want to be a size 12

I think if your heart is set on being a size 12 then go for it as it is easy to gain the weight back on if you feel you are too slim looking at size 12.

By the way well done on losing 62lb!!!

Love Mini xxx

Thanks guys, I think the reason I am struggling is because I have lost weight before, but never got to 'goal' as it were, I feel as though I need a definite number/size to aim for . Size 12 seems the best idea, as it would suit my height etc, but sizes are so varied, I go back to thinking a particular weight! I may have to be more specific and say size 12 in a particular shop or maybe I should stop being such a geek! 62lb down, between 30 and 42 to go! Have set myself a before holidays target (1st Oct) of getting another 18lb off - either way that will be me nearly done. Wow. I have never had to actually process what it might be like to be there!

Hi, BMI is only a guide. I have a friend whose BMI shows her to be way underweight but she looks wonderful and her GP agrees that for her particular bone structure (tall but tiny frame) she is the right weight. Someone else could show at being overweight on the chart but is in fact muscular with a large frame but no fat. I agree with Mini, go for a size 12, take lots of photos and see how you feel. And don't rely on other people's ideas of what you should be. I got told not to lose much more as I would 'look ill' last year when I still weighed 16.5 st. Really miffed me, imagine what she'll say when I get to the 11-12 st goal that I'm aiming for!!

Hi Kikuka,

BMI tells me nothing to be honest, it's only a guide like splash said.

I'm 5ft 5 and my goal weight is 62kg. I have been 58kg before and this was too scrawny for me but at 62 kg I can comfortably fit into my 8/10's.
I think it all depends and I also find that I have lost weight differently on this diet because of all the inch loss, which has never been that great on the other diets I have been on.

I'd say keep going until you're happy :D

I've said that my goal is 9 stone but in all fairness, I will probably keep going until I'm a comfortable size 8 ( don't know when that'll be!) and if I look terrible I will put some weight on until I look better.

It's all about how you look/feel and not about your BMI!

Back