Help...yet again ive STS!!

Bubbles1984

Silver Member
I need some help. For 3 weeks ive been losing and regaining the same pound varying between 11 stone 12 and 11 stone 11. Im baffled. Im 100% on plan, sticking to under 10 syns a day, drinking loads of water, loads of veg, trying new recipes and mixing it up a bit and exercising. I just seem to of stuck, my body doesnt want to go beyond this weight (and im too heavy!)

Any help in trying to get a kick start? xx

Not going to be much help here hun but just wanted to say you're not alone! I've STS past 2 weeks and have been 100% on the plan + excercising.

All I can say is just stick at it and hopfully you will lose next week, but I do know how frustrating it is :(

Hi bubbles, as C says you are not alone, I tend to lose every 3 weeks or so! Stay with it, and if you go to group has your consultant said anything? I would also like more ideas!

no help here either but i've been stuck between 11 st 12 and 11 st 13 for almost a month. hope tonight shows a result or i might be a tad upset. i've been good for ages. very frustrating, i feel your pain :) x

Try the speed soup for lunch for a week.

Or have a flexi syn day and shock your system!

Maybe you could post a typical day's diary on here and we could give suggestions? My Consultant is always telling us that it's easy to have "food amnesia"!

Could be something really simple!

Me too! Again, no bright ideas other than what you're already doing but I really sympathise as at the moment I'm going nowhere fast and I'm still way off target. Would love to hear a miracle solution to get out of the rut. Hope you crack it soon, good luck.

i had the same problem in february!!!! we had an area manager come and sit in on our image therapy class. she basically told us all tat ne one with less than 3 stone to loose should only have between 5-10 syns a day and not the normal 15. i panicked at first cos i loved my syns bt decided to give it a go and it was easier than i thought... and i lost 1.5 pound (avg) each week since on a max of 7 syns a day!!!

Which plan do you normally follow? Maybe it's time to mix it up and do a different one? If you do EE, how about doing a week of red or green?

I normally do extra easy and im reluctant to change that as it fits in so well with my family life and work. BUT if nothing else works i will try some red and green days!!

I think i will try and cut my syns down to around 7 a day, see how i get on with that. thanks :)

I dont have a food diary on here but i do write it down at home and im not cheating...honestly!!!! :D

Lets see how cutting the syns down goes!!! Does anyone have a recipe for super speed soup?? xxxx

Hun cutting down your syns will hardly make a difference - reducing from 10 to 7 syns is cutting 60 cals a day from your diet, a weekly reduction of 420 calories and it takes a reduction of 3500 cals to lose a pound.

Go for speed and superspeed foods, replace bananas and grapes with apples and oranges, beef with chicken or white fish, eat more pulses - look for the little symbols in your book.

Sometimes we do plateau, it happens, it is frustrating but as long as you know hand on heart you are sticking to it then the losses will come. Just keep on with it, it will happen.

I have just been catching up with the US biggest loser and the trainer Jillian on there was saying sometimes its good to shock your system.

So eat moderately for the first 2 days of the week, eat more for the next 3 and then splash out and have a treat at the weekend.

She says it stops the body holding onto calories because your body won't feel you are going to deprive it and it shakes up your metabolism.

Not sure if it helps, but she seems to be the exercise guru on here at the minute so whose to say she's not wrong with this. :D

Good luck

Last edited:
Thanks everyone i will try all of those tips :)

I do eat a lot of grapes as snacks..i do try and eat lots of apples but i will replace the grapes with berries and apples and see if that helps!!! I have a meal for my brothers birthday on sat night...maybe that will shake up the old metabolism a bit!!! ;) xx

If you sure your food and syns etc are completely on plan the only other thing to look at would be your portion sizes

I put on few pounds after hol last year and was really struggling to get back in target then few weeks ago decided to really look at my portion sizes and try to cut them down and serve myself smaller amounts at tea etc (can always have a bit more if still hungry) but I honestly was satisfied with smaller amounts and lost 2.5 one week and 3 the next and got back to target
Hope this helps

I have just been catching uop the US biggest loser and the trainer Jillian on there was saying sometimes its good to shock your system.

So eat moderately for the first 2 days of the week, eat more for the next 3 and then have a splash out and have a treat at the weekend.

She says it stops the body holding onto calories because your body won't feel you are going to deprive it and it shakes up your metabolism.

Not sure if it helps, but she seems to be the exercise guru on here at the minute so whose to say she's not wrong with this. :D

Good luck

Got to agree with this - has worked with me in the past, your body is a funny thing :)

I do EE and did shake it up by trying red for a week - I lost the same as what I would with EE, but I would try it as I actually quite enjoyed it for a week xx

Here are my tips to help boost your losses!

1. Are you eating the same healthy extras every week?

Try mixing things up a bit instead of having say, bran flakes for breakfast each day. Have beans on toast, ryvitas, porridge, alpen lights. Instead of having lots of cheese, alternate it with milk ect. Make each day different, so hopefully this will jump start the body into loosing.

2. Have a 'speed food' challenge.

Try a week where you choose a target of say 8 speed foods each day, and try and incorporate them into meals and snacks.

3. 12 Speed Soup

I know there is a recipe on here for 12 speed soup, which you could try having for lunches. It's packed with beans and lentils and has certain *ahem* cleansing properties which could help :D

4. Look through some old slimming world mags/this forum for some new recipe ideas.

Perhaps try some recipes that you think you might not like, and hopefully you will be suprised!

5. Pick up something in the supermarket that you have never tried before.

This will also hopefully shock your body into loosing. Try a new fruit or veg, ie; aubergine, courgette, butternut squash, celaric, some of the more exotic fruit ect. Perhaps combine this with the recipe idea too!

6. Superspeed foods/more melon

Up your superspeed food count, so stuff like melons and mixed berries which are free on all plans, some white fish which are free on red, and beans which are free on green such as canellini, broad and the old fave... baked beans!

7. Take some body measurements

Perhaps your body is loosing inches rather than weight, so take some body measurements and compare them every so often as well.

8. Alter your syn amounts.

Have you tried having the full 15 syns each day, and having different things instead of chocolatey treats perhaps? Or lowering them to the minimum of 5 for a week, see if that makes any difference.

9. Try a fishy week

A lot of people have tried this, and it seems to give some good results! Try having fish for one meal a day, 2 if you can handle that and all 3 if you are hardcore! See the *fishy week* thread for some ideas!

10. Change which plan you follow each day

Are you constantly following EE? or green, or red? Some people report good losses when they have a week of following the RED plan, or simply just alternating between each plan every day, so the body doesn't get used to eating the same types of food each day.

11. Success Express

Have you tried throwing in a few days of Success Express? This is where you up your intake of superfree to 2/3rds of your plate, and the other third is stuff which is free on any plan. Then you only snack on Super Free food like fruit and veg. You take the higher syn value for syn'd items, and have 2 healthy extra A+B as normal. There is a thread better explaining this with pictures on here.

OK, so there we go! It's a bit general but hopefully will be of use :D

Great advice and tips Autumnflower! I've just finished my first fishy week after only losing 1/2lb last week wi tonight (fingers crossed!). I'll keep your ideas in mind if it happens again! x

As many of suggested shake things up a bit. I'd say have lots of different superfree foods particularly more veg than fruit even as I think we can eat the fruit on top of the meals where as having the veg really cuts down the portion sizes :)
You are looking great though and maybe your body just wants a little rest from the hard work of changing with the weight loss x

Back