Help..

Eternalflame

Excited about the new me!
WEnt back on plan on Tuesday at home, as group is on Monday eves. Thought as I'd not been on plan for almost 2 months, to start with 15 syns a day, so 105 and counted back.. not gone off track at all and feel that I have done ok. But.. Peeped at the scales as its half way through the week and they have not moved. Still got 62.5 syns left til WI on Monday. I just don't get it.

Wondering whether to come off plan now and just start after offical WI on Monday eve or to carry on and try and limit the damage I did in those 2 months!

Ideas please, here is my diary page, maybe I'm not eating right.. but know the diet well. If you fancy a look to see, then:

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...4-nikkis-challenge-loose-holiday-gain-39.html

thanks again x

Coming off plan won't achieve anything positive. If you come off plan there's every chance you could gain and that would just mean you had more to lose!

Carry on sticking to plan and they scales might just surprise you on Monday.

my losses are usually on the last few days after being sort of off plan and going back to 100%... so stick with it..
if it's not working for you at the moment then you need to change your food...
I don't lose much if I have pasta or rice or bread, so try cutting those out / down..
also is it star week or comming up to it?

My group leader used to say that high cal foods like eggs and bananas should be eaten in moderation even though they're free, cos its easy to consume too much energy. I know its not the official line though.

All i can think is perhaps you need to up your activity levels to give the fat burning a bit of a kick start? I know we can eat as much as we like of the healthy stuff but I've seen some people pile their plate so high! I don't know how much you're eating but maybe switch to a slightly smaller plate so you're reducing the bulk a bit?

Also, water retention is a pain, I get it a lot at certain times of the month, then other times I pee for England! That may have something to do with it. :confused:

74 calories in a 50G hard boiled egg.. so even 2 is only 150 calories..
and 21 calories in a large ( 40g ) egg white...

Bananas are about the same calories as an egg- certainly not a high cal food!

Thanks guys. I've got a problem with my foot, Plantar Facilitus. So working out is not possible, but going to get to the gym this week to swim for 3 days anyway. And do believe that when my weight starts to come down the pain in my foot will be better too and it'll right itself. Will stick to ww yogurt and a pear for breakfast this week, hope that will make a difference. x

A yoghurt and a pear doesn't sound like enough for breakfast - If you don't eat enough you can hinder your losses as your body needs energy so that it can burn off fat.

Thanks guys. I've got a problem with my foot, Plantar Facilitus. So working out is not possible, but going to get to the gym this week to swim for 3 days anyway. x

It's great you're still getting some exercise, I know from experience its easy to use health problems as an excuse so going 3 times a week is impressive!
Just in case you don't have the time to get to the pool perhaps you could do a chair based workout. My mom has a dodgy knee and if its particularly bad she follows DVD workouts designed for disabled people, grooving around on a chair. If I ever injure my feet or legs I put my favourite music on the MP3 player and wave my arms around to the beat like a simpleton just to burn some calories. If the neighbours ever saw they'd think I was fighting off a killer wasp attack! :p

A yoghurt and a pear doesn't sound like enough for breakfast - If you don't eat enough you can hinder your losses as your body needs energy so that it can burn off fat.

Thing is Jenny. As I do EE most days and work full time I don't have time to prepare anything and my HEB, I like to split throughout the day. So not much choice really other then scrambled egg in the microwave :confused:. thanks for your reply x

I had plantar fasciitis - it was agony, some days I could hardly put my foot to the floor - and found it disappeared completely when I lost some weight. So I hope that you find that the same happens to you.

I tried cooking scrambled eggs in the microwave because everyone told me it was better and quicker - oh dear, it was awful. And it took longer than cooking it properly in a saucepan!

I had plantar fasciitis - it was agony, some days I could hardly put my foot to the floor - and found it disappeared completely when I lost some weight. So I hope that you find that the same happens to you.

I tried cooking scrambled eggs in the microwave because everyone told me it was better and quicker - oh dear, it was awful. And it took longer than cooking it properly in a saucepan!

I've kind of got used to doing it in the microwave, but you can't eat eggs every day.. lol.

I had that plantar thing... stretching / tearing pain in the sole of your foot...
I got a new pair of trainers and it got better..
I think that mine was caused partly by the safety boots I was wearing for 9-10 hours a day.. no arch support in them..

you could try getting some orthotics made to support your arch and position your foot better, or try some decent training shoes with good arch support..

Funnily enough I was talking to my dad about scrambled egg and microwave v saucepan. I've always cooked it in a saucepan, and for a great many years we just didn't have a microwave and I can still picture my friends puzzled face when I said I had scrambled egg for breakfast. 'but you can't, you haven't got a microwave' was all she could splutter!

Back