Help!

hellsbells11

Hi,

I'm not doing Slimming World officially so I know this is completely my own fault... but I don't understand! My friend has passed on the three step PDFs - superfree, syns, and healthy extras. Yep, great, get that. However, in a lot of the recipe it says things like 'add 6 syns if not using chicken as a healthy extra' etc but when I look at the healthy extra list its nothing to do with meat?! It's all dairy or fibre based products. Equally, I've seen comments that refer to 'healthy extra on green' but my list doesn't seem to be split into green or red days, just generic.

Thanks!

SW doesn't do PDFs so the information you have is pirated and you may not have the full details of the plan. It sounds like you do not have the healthy extra list for the green or red plans, only the extra easy plan.

Meat is a healthy extra on the green plan - on the other plans it is a free food so you don't need to use it as a healthy extra choice.

So if you are doing a recipe which has meat in it, on green that would not be a free food and you would need to syn it. But you have the option of using the meat as a healthy extra and if doing that you can deduct 6 syn from the total recipe syns.

Actually Circles when you sign up online you do get pdf's to download for extra easy which detail superfree, free, healthy extras & syns.
You don't get them for green & red plans though - hence the confusion as there is a different healthy extra list for these plans.

If you are following extra easy then ignore any asterixed notes about adding syns if not using as a healthy a/b that relate to meat on green days or pasta/potatoes on red days. Cheese or milk or bread ones you should take note of always. But remember you can only have 1 of each on extra easy.
There are loads of threads about extra easy on the main SW forum which explain the plan properly. Have a look.

Aah thanks Kingleds - that would explain it. I was getting confused with the discs that you can buy on Ebay these days.

Circes said:
Aah thanks Kingleds - that would explain it. I was getting confused with the discs that you can buy on Ebay these days.

Yeah - those are defo pirates!

Have to say i still don't think You get enough info on the pdf's to follow the plan properly.

Actually Circles when you sign up online you do get pdf's to download for extra easy which detail superfree, free, healthy extras & syns.

I signed up online and didnt get any pdf's... :confused:

ermintrude said:
I signed up online and didnt get any pdf's... :confused:

Really? Its about 18 months since i did so maybe they've changed it since then.

Come to think about it i think i had to pay a little extra for it or something.

Hmm. I paid extra to get the magazine. I think Im a Silver member. cant remember what Gold member got you, maybe that was it?

Hoooolllllly... I've just looked and Gold Member gets you... the Food Optimising book! It hadn't really occurred to me as I already had it from going to classes previously, but... surely the food optimising book is kinda the key to the whole thing?! :eek: To make you *pay* to be a *Gold* Member before you can have it is a bit... tight? No? :confused: An extra Twenty Quid for a Food Optimising book... (Which you get anyway when you join up for a tenner with the interminable £5 discount?)

I've never been a fan of SW's admin and marketing Skillz, but...

Words fail me. :rolleyes:

Ermintrude you can get the pdf's now.. I look at them all the time... This is what you need to do when you log on..

Go to my weight loss plan. Then on the right hand side it says healthy eating.. It'll say EE and other plans.. Then just follow what you want et voila..

Ahaaa so you can!!! Aw thanks Roziee!! :) The Green bit took some took some finding though, agghh my life, their website os soooooooo cr@@@@@@@ppe!!! :confused: :sigh:

Bizarre, they never sent me an email pointing to this stuff or anything when I signed up :confused:

They don't send u anything when u sign up for online members.. I thought usher a starter pack in the post when I first joined.

I do like the online stuff- just wish it was more clearer and less expensive..

Yeah its really badly organised and a total rip off for what you get when you compare it to a similar price for actually attending meetings and getting the group support. Its not like they've even got an online forum, even WW has that! Thank God for Minimins! :)

PS - I wont be renewing! :cool:

I would renew ermintude.. Just because you get access to the syns calculator.. Yeah you can get it from here but I like to be in control and not depend on anyone hahaha

You're right thou.. It is badly organised..

Back