Help!

Georgie11

Hello,

I'm new to this forum... I started slimming world 3 weeks ago after realising I'd put on nearly 3stone gradually over 2 years. I really didn't notice it creeping on, I'm still wearing all the same clothes I was wearing when I was thinner- except for one denim skirt I managed to convince myself had shrunk in the wash.

I did slimming world once before and got on really well with it. As a vegetarian I find the green days really easy and have plenty of things to eat, unlike other diets I've tried. This time around I've been super motivated and determined... following the plan religiously and I've even started exercising (wow). The trouble is the scales just aren't reflecting my hard work.. Wk 1= -3, Wk 2= -1 and Wk 3=-0.5 (?!). My consultant said in the meeting this week you can cheat all week and end up with -0.5 if you're lucky. I haven't cheated once!! I was disappointed with my first week weigh in, I have about 5stone to lose overall and felt I should've been seeing a bigger initial loss but was told it was because I hadn't been using my syns. So the next two weeks I used my syns and my weight loss pretty much ground to a halt!

A typical days food diary (Green):

Breakfast: 2 pieces of wholemeal bread (2 HexB), 1tbsp low sugar jam (1.5syns) and a muller light.
HexA- milk in coffee throughout the day.

Snack: Apple

Lunch: Baked potato and beans, cottage cheese

Tea: Sweet potato, mushy peas and Quorn fillets OR Pasta with Quark, mushrooms, onion, leek and spinach. Muller light

Evening: Options hot chocolate (2syns), Hi-fi Bar (6 syns).

Some days I will use my second HexA for 45g of mozerella, but not always.

3-5days a week I'll do 25minutes on the Wii fit with 10-15 minutes pf that spent jogging.

I'd really appreciate some advice as to what's going wrong. As far as I'm concerned I'm not only following the plan I'm being incredibly healthy- I eat a tonne of fresh vegetables and will always snack on fruit or a fat free yoghurt.

Thanks in advance
x

im new to this completely its my first week n i think what your having looks fine during the day i wont really use any syns or any of my hexA or B as i feel like i dont need them im not 100% sure on if am doing it right as i dont have a group round here i wish we did though maybe because your working out more then usual your gaining some muscle muscle weighs more then fat as they say you should keep doing it though jjust because your not losing as much as you want although it be really fustrating still so nervous about tomorrow!!! my first weigh in your still losing and maybe itll pick up a bit longer maybe your body just needs to get used to it more sorry i cant be of much help to you! but fingers crossed youll get a better lose this week xx

Monday- Started had a Green day

Breakfast.. Nothing
Lunch.. Nothing
Dinner.. Made a veg curry and had rice with it. (made with potatos onions pasatta and curry powder which i believe is free)

Tuesday- Green day

Breakfast.. Nothing
Lunch.. 2 muller light yogurts (mint choc mmm :p) and apples n grapes (only a hand full)
Dinner.. Cola in chicken as horrible as it sounds it is AMAZING!!! has this with rice and had a yogurt after too. (I believe this is free too only used 1 extra B used on this day)

Wednesday- Green day

Breakfast.. fruit and jogurt
Lunch.. spagetti hoops
Dinner.. batchelors pasta quiche
Snacks.. 3 or 4 yogurts all low in fat (free day too i think)

Thursday- Green Day

Breakfast.. Banana
Lunch.. Home made hash browns and an apple
Dinner.. Spagetti bolognese made with pasatta beef oxo wocster sauce, lean mince. (used one healthy extra)
Snacks.. 3 yogurts

this is an example of my few days doing it so far pointers to me will be very helpful xx

Hello!

I think in order for the diet to work you HAVE to eat your HEXA and B. Syns I'm not so sure about... I try and keep mine below 10 but usually have around 6- though in my meeting I was told that you should eat all your syns as well. Seems counter intuitive to me! I tried upping my syns after the first week and that didn't work so well... but then I don't know if that's because I was upping my exercise too.

I'm away for work for 3 weeks and working nights so not doing any exercise (I can just about sit up let alone run!!!) so I'll see when I get back to group in two weeks time whether it was the exercise and muscle that was causing my weight loss to look a bit rubbish. I know it's going in the right direction, I just have a lot to lose and would like it to go sooner rather than later!

Thanks for your reply- how did you get on?

x

What you're eating looks good but I don't know that you're eating enough! The whole joy of slimming world is that you can eat lots and often! You really should try and eat at least 3 meals a day otherwise I don't think it'll work....x

aw i see i dont really eat breakfast or lunch or just eat absolute junk during those times lol so found it hard to keep eating cause ive been feeling so full but gradually ive got the hang of it think id been holiding of with eating my syns because it was my birthday at the weekend and felt guilty as a was going for a meal but going to make a little time table and make sure i have my 3 meals during the day as today ive missed out lunch again but just because ive been so busy but tomorrow is a new day really trying! i lost 3lbs this week dont know if this is good on my first week or not thought id lose a little more but mybe im just being slightly greeding with the losing how did you do? thank you so much for the tips sorry i couldnt be of more help my mate told me that drinking alot of water helps with the losing too xxx

@beatthefat it looks like you are definately not eating enough!! are you not hungry?! breakfast is a must in slimming it kickstarts your motabalism .. the other worry is SW is sposed to be a lifestyle change i cant imagine you could keep tht up for long... although im sure we're all different maybe ur just a small eater! :)

@georgie11 sorry you're dissapointed with ur early weigh ins :( i think beatthefat is definately right about upping your water intake. Im on green too and think my losses are bests on weeks where i eat as muchh free foods as possible, potatoes all day looots of beans n fruit etc, i dont think you should exclude syns all together, they are not the enemy. ive heard my consultant talk about upping the syns and im not sure i agree with this either... maxing out on syns for the sake of it sounds like bollocks to me! if you hav a day without syns great! if you have a day with 12 syns whatever.. dont feel guilty it wont effect ur loss.

ps. im a veggie too and as much as i looove muller lights ive recently found out they arent vegetarian :(soo annoying. im currently in search of a gelatine free tasty low syn yoghurt i can have cus im missing them.

good luck for both of ur next weigh ins.

ive lost 2lbs this week ive tried eating all meals but now im just getting bored of ideas just cant think of what i can eat for lunch and dinner anymore everytime i eat more i feel like im really guna put on weight on.... trying even harder this week to shift it and eat more i think its cause im so used to eating junk during those times n now to have a banana or what not i just dont fancy it so think im not hungry last week i had alot of pancakes for breakfast in the mornings and had fruit and yogurt at lunch im still losing which is the main thing and every week it adds up!! really want to make this a lifestyle so sticking to it no matter what! :) thanks for the feed back and if you have anymore ideas or tips for me theyd be really helpful!! :) xxx

Hello,
I have done SW before and it took me around a year to lose 3 stone, but in the last 3 years have put 2.5 back on, have gone back to SW but after the first few weeks I am finding it so hard to shift anything now, I stick to the plan (I like green days) and I jog about 4k 5 times a week. I get so demoralised when I see those scales stay the same or go up when I know I have followed the plan 100%:(
I feel I can not talk to my consultant as she has her favourites and if you are not in the click you are pretty much on your own, wish I could get to another class.
I do not want to give up but I really do feel what is the point at times:confused:
Am thinking of drinking green tea as people say that really helps so think will give that a go. I do not eat all my syns as I find I do not always need them.
Thanks for listening feel quite low got on scales today 0.5 on.
Good luck with your journeys xxx

Back