Consolidation help

CHRISR

Gold Member
As some of you know Ellie and I are moving to conso in one more week so what the scales say next weekend ...... so to help us what does everyone know about Consolidation. Ive read the conso chapter over and over so what do our minimin friends think - Anja's post is fantastic at shedding light on it and how to go about it any advise is very welcome ................

Having successfully completed conso and not regained any weight the biggest piece of advice I would give is 'trust Dr D!' when he says eat bread and cheese, eat bread and cheese! I was very reluctant to introduce bread and cheese and for the first few days of conso I only had my daily apple. I was terrified the scales would Creep up. When I did eat the bread and cheese it was so satisfying, I looked forward to it, it was almost like a treat, I had cheese on toast most evenings for supper. I found that 2 slices of the tesco value whole meal bread were the exact weight for the bread allowance, some other brands are heavier so you only get one slice. You'll probably find that you keep losing a small amount in the first few weeks as it seems to be quite common to carry on losing on conso but usually evens out. Conso was my favourite stage of the diet as carbs were still restricted and there were still rules to follow, I sometimes get carried away with the amount of carbs I eat now and I don't like the way they make me feel so I have to rein myself in and remind myself of the Dukan principles.

YAY!

Go for it - well done on coming this far! I too was terrified at the start... Take it slow, follow the two stage rules to the letter, and you will be fine. Do a bit of weighing of bread and cheese to start with so you get a feel for portion sizes, but try to stop it as soon as you can. Try not to weigh every day either (it took me ages to let go!). Should you keep losing and you get worried about that in the longer term, then come back for more advice, but don't start adding random off-plan treats 'because you can'
Remember also that you are *still* on a restricted eating plan. And a celebration meal really should be classified as a 'normal meal but no seconds' with a drink if you like. Just ONE MEAL, not a whole day. But you *can* accept friends invitations and go for a meal out without stressing, as long as it's only once a week. What you may well find is that you make healthier choices now anyway - for example I tend to gravitate towards fish and salads and away from pork belly ;-) or creamy sauces, which would have been unheard of in my 'before' existence.
Remember the one PP day but try not to put in extra PPs to make up for bad behaviour - a sure recipe for disaster.
You need to plan your week - I used to write them out on a weekly planner making sure there was one carb day, one celebration and one PP (make that the same day always), and 4 PVs. I successfully worked my way through the Christmas period in Conso, really not sure now how I managed that!

Keep us posted and we'll try our best to keep you right :)

I am so looking forward to this new 'conso' thread ChrisR as I will be following it to the letter in nearly 3 weeks, and in another country! I am making a list already to take with me in case I can't find what I need there. I think ye are great to have come this far, ye have my total admiration.

Can I echo Lyonsie's thoughts .... I'm miles away from Conso myself but I'll be with you in spirit.

It's like we're all on a polar expedition and you're our intrepid leading explorers!! :D

Go girls :D

P xxx

Looking forward to my CONSO!
I'm very excited and scared a bit.
Only 2 kg away from Conso.......

Paulinegin said:
Can I echo Lyonsie's thoughts .... I'm miles away from Conso myself but I'll be with you in spirit.

It's like we're all on a polar expedition and you're our intrepid leading explorers!! :D

Go girls :D

P xxx

Pauline could not have put it better myself that's how I feel xxx

Hey its fine in conso, no probs once you get the hang of it! Trust Dr D, do the 2 stages, and dont stress if you dont quite manage to eat everything allowed in one day. It really doesnt matter.

I can endorse the worry re eating bread & cheese, i still think 2x but maybe thats the point. But im now having much what i want to eat, i never feel hungry, and i know that if i need to, i can regress into pure dukan cruise to steady things up.

It'll be fine, no worries 

This is the thread I am so looking forward following over the next few weeks and more.... Good luck girls, hope we all have a happy slimmer life...

Back