Help!

Trefoil

Gold Member
Hello :)
I'm always about on here but find myself in a bit of a muddle this evening.
This post has got a personal issue in it that might be tmi for some people!
I have lost 25lbs in 15 weeks and am beyond chuffed, with no gains and I feel totally different. I had my (copper) coil changed on 23rd June and I feel like I am just hanging on. It's changing me in more ways than one, I'm losing less (although exceptionally grateful for losses) and I am very exhausted. I am aware that I'm carrying water, and I vary my meals- follow the plan by the book and fit it round my life. I do everything that I should.
I am 17lbs away from target and this is not the time that I want to start to struggle! So any advice is welcome. I am gluten free, I go to the gym once a week (for 30 mins max) and I have a good intake of speed foods, free, my HES and all of my Syns. I also drink enough water and fluids. I was thinking of having a chat with my doctor but this is my lifeline so thought I would get some more advice first.
I'm sitting here now crippled with stomach ache and after 4 weeks of it, I'm fed up. I haven't really got any other choices either (allergies and chronic migraine sufferer)

Any suggestions welcome!

Ruth
X

Are you saying since having your coil changed things have changed?
If so I would go back to the Dr's and get that coil out and try something else.

Are you saying since having your coil changed things have changed?
If so I would go back to the Dr's and get that coil out and try something else.

Yeah I am, there's nothing else I can have so I've sort of been putting up with it all! I will still go for a chat anyway.
Thanks

Ruth
X

I wonder if it's something like Copper toxicity syndrome.

Hmmm I will have a look into it. I've had one before (for 5 years) and don't recall being this unwell after the last one!

Ruth
X

Hi Ruth

Sorry to hear it's causing you problems. I would echo Mary and definitely go and have a chat with your doctor. Is there absolutely no other option for you in terms of that? I have an implant in my arm and it's great because I'm sensitive to progesterone so it completely stops my periods too. Although as you know from previous conversations I still get some of the symptoms like water retention.

Maybe try going old school for a while instead of internal protection?

I would definitely go back to the doctor, it shouldn't be making you feel unwell. They might know what it is and how to stop it without too much hassle. I need to go back about the pill, I don't think it's affecting my weight loss, but since I swapped earlier this year my hair is really greasy and my face is really spotty! It's like being 14 again!

I have got an allergy (a bad one) to a lot of synthetic materials including rubber and latex and accelerators. Not too good with nitrile either. Migraines stop me from things like the pill/implant and all hormone based stuff. That's why I'm a bit screwed. Oh it's so irritating :(
I was considering the pill or something hormone based but I only got my migraines under control in the past 8/9 months and I take 5 lots of preventative meds a day plus other prescription meds if one flares up so it just doesn't seem worth it.
I bet it was probably this bad last time I just can't remember...

Ruth
X

Have you tried cutting out foods that can cause migraines.
Cheese,chocolate,nuts,coffee,cream,wine,citrus foods,wheat is all the ones I can't eat. Hormones,stress,sleep,weather.
There is a lot of info out there so keep a diary of when they happen,how you day has been,what the weather is like etc and see if you can pinpoint what is causing them.

Back