help

oake

ive been on ll for nearly 11 weeks and last weekend was my 5th wedding anniversarie so my husband wanted us to have a meal and a few drinks but i wouldnt . this evening he wanted to do the same thing but i said no , now hes saying i,m selfish:eek:

well done oake for not giving in!! that takes willpower and guts girl, just explain gently to your husband that this is something you have to do for you, and youve done so well youd rather not set things back a bit, I took a soup pack in week 1 to a resturaunt and they were fantastic, I called ahead first and told them how to make it up, you have come so far, im in week 5 just now and cant wait to be in week 11 - tho week 14 sounds so much better!!!

I think you are amazing not to cave in... just gently remind you OH that this isn't forever and you'll be so much happier when you are done. You can go out for dinner then :) I have to question why you are being selfish? isn't he also being selfish expecting you to give up what you are doing? hope you work this out and well done so far Oake :D

Why not suggest other things you can do together? Like go for a walk or have an evening in with a DVD and spending 'quality' time together?

Give him a massage or pamper him in other ways.

Let him know that you are doing this so that you'll look and feel better, and once you've got more confidence and energy he will benefit from that too.

He's probably feeling a bit threatened, it's quite scary for men when their wives start changing, so he might need reassurance that you love him and that your weight loss wont change that.

:gen126:

Got to say that I agree with everyone else on this - I think you are wonderful not to give in when put under pressure like that. I don't think there is anything selfish about looking after yourself, your body and your mind for a few months which is what you are doing, in fact I think what we are all doing is to be admired.

I do think that your husband is being a bit selfish in wanting you to give up like that if it is just because he feels he's missing out by you not eating --- I think there's probably more to what he is feeling, maybe a bit insecure of the new you?

Think it might help if you both discuss this and how you feel as it's going to keep coming up for as long as you are doing the diet.

Back