Helping the moderators?

KD

Gone fishing
I would like it to be stricter, and heavily moderated (if possible, in fact could more mods be appointed at all to give KD a hand?).

But it's not necessary really. Whenever there is a report, or we see things, we usually deal with it very quickly.

If people don't want 'blip' messages on here, we will be here to sort it. But, the lack of reports means we assume everyone is happy with it.

It shouldn't be necessary for moderators to have to read every single post just in case:) It's up to the members to point it out and up to the moderators to deal with the report :)

Oh now you see I thought the report button was for people who were being nasty or spam posts...didn't realise it was for other things too D'oh!

This would be like in the work place. If there's a problem, you would go higher up and ask for it to be sorted. Rather than expect the 'boss' to listen in on every conversation in every department, just in case someone says something against the rules.

It's not lack of moderation per se.

All reports will be dealt with quickly and sensitively.

So far, since the beginning of this forum there has been 1 report...and that was from another moderator :D

Oh and one pm to me.

Both have been acted on :)

Oh now you see I thought the report button was for people who were being nasty or spam posts...didn't realise it was for other things too D'oh!

Ah. Good. Thankyou...because finding out this helps me understand why people don't report.

BTW, on other forums, we have had people report themselves. Not to get themselves into trouble, but because they realise they have put a topic in the wrong place and want it moved.

It's often quicker to report.

I have a post about this elsewhere. Will find and link. Back in a mo.

From here

http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-d...lly-know-how-say-without-causing-offence.html

Reporting a message doesn't get people into trouble, ban them from this forum, or give them a black mark;)...the thread just gets moved nice and quietly, that's all.

People have even been known to report their own messages when they realise they have posted in the wrong forum. That's cool too.

So please, help me out here to keep your forum as intended. Report or pm me, and I'll move it.

Much better than someone being embarrassed by having it mentioned on the thread in question.

Ta muchly.

Thanks KD-that makes it clearer :)

Cool :)

BTW, take away the word 'boss' in above message, and put personnel officer;)

But it's really up to the people in that workplace to come to her if they have a problem. And up to her to sort it...if you know what I mean.

Rather than her having to listen to every conversation, and read every note between people...just in case.

I have reported a few in the past, but didn't want to bombard you with reports, haha!

Will bombard from now on :D

I have reported a few in the past, but didn't want to bombard you with reports, haha!

Will bombard from now on :D

I apologise. I don't remember that. I do remember a pm though (but it might not have been from you :D..can't remember:eek:

Yes..please bombard.

It doesn't take us a moment to move a thread, and we can keep track of what is really wanted on this 100% forum.

Cheers :thankyou:

Hi KD,

Thanks for the info on that!! I will keep it in mind for the future, especially if I post something in the wrong forum!!!

Bx

i dont see what is wrong with blip posts, clearly the people who made those blips are looking for support and reassurance which i feel is what this forum is for.

Having a problem with blip posts cause of the mention of food...thats kinda silly I feel food is everywhere, and we need to tackle it and not bury our heads in the sand. I really like how the forum is run

just my opinion anyway

i dont see what is wrong with blip posts, clearly the people who made those blips are looking for support and reassurance which i feel is what this forum is for.

Having a problem with blip posts cause of the mention of food...thats kinda silly I feel food is everywhere, and we need to tackle it and not bury our heads in the sand. I really like how the forum is run

just my opinion anyway

Nooooooo. Just as I thought we were getting somewhere :D

Okay. So I take it you would like the 2 forums merged as they would be the same. Is that what you are saying?

i'm kinda ok with everything as it is tbh lol

sometimes i see a blip post on 100% and just assumed it was here cause they were trying so hard to be 100% and the blip has really let them down so posting on the 100% for motivation to get back on the 100% train maybe being naive there but that was my assumption, didnt cross mind mind that it was inappropriate on the 100% forum rather than the general

idnt cross mind mind that it was inappropriate on the 100% forum rather than the general

See rules above :)

There is some really good reasons for these rules. As being discussed elsewhere on this forum today :)

i know i should but the amount of stickies and pages are a bit overwhelming lol

Umm. There's only 5. But anyway. It's not in the stickies, it's at the top where it explains what this forum is for

Cambridge Diet 100% Forum! The Cambridge Diet 100% Forum is for those following any of the Cambridge plans 100% - this includes SS+, 810 and upwards. No cheats, blips or non-legal food talk is allowed in this section. Any posts containing talk of cheats, blips or non legal food will be moved.

Back