HelsAngel's Super Angelic Food Diary (or not!)

Thanks Annya. Didn't quite get the 2lb I wanted but 1.5 which I'll never complain about. Makes it now 16.5 lbs in 23 weeks so I'm pleased with that. I seem to be on a roll at the moment. Maybe the green days are ok for me after all. Or maybe my problem all the time was bread. It's been almost 2 weeks without it and I've had good losses both weeks. I miss it though.

Thursday 10th November - Green

Healthy A - 250ml Ss milk
Healthy A - 4 cheese triangles
Healthy B -
Healthy B -

2 teas
Grapes
Diet Pepsi

1 tea
3 scones with marmite
Lettuce
Tomato
Gherkins
Red cabbage
Beetroot
Fig
Water
Diet Pepsi

2 teas
Jacket potato
Cheese triangles
Mushrooms
1 cheese scone
Diet Pepsi
Water

Just made a fresh batch of scones and had a butternut squash to use up so made a squash and sweet potato soup. 5 portions so should last a while. It's in the freezer and I'll alternate it with the leek and potato next week. Might even have one portion over some pasta with done melted Healthy A cheese. Yum.

Wow, totally neglected my diary. It amazing how knowing I’m posting in here keeps me on track.
Here’s the last couple of days, rough because I only wrote a bit of it down although I'm pretty sure I remember what I had. *Ignore Saturday as I’ve forgotten it and that’s probably a good thing*

Friday 11th November – Green

Healthy A - 250ml SS milk
Healthy A - Bit more milk
Healthy B -
Healthy B -

2 Cups of tea
Diet Pepsi
Fig
Melon
Tea

BNS and sweet potato soup
3 scones with marmite
Cucumber
Beetroot
Gherkin
Red cabbage
Fig
Tea
Curly Wurly (6 syns)
Diet Pepsi

Pasta n Sauce (2 syns)
Mushrooms
2 teas
Diet coke

Saturday 12th November

I definitely didn’t go to a Mexican. Ok, I did and I had some goats cheese thing with rice and peppers. I had no healthy extras or anything else so some of the cheese and the oil it was cooked in can be used as my HE’s and the rest I’ll just sweep under the carpet and forget about. It wasn’t actually that bad. I didn’t have anything else all day and just drank and drank water and NAS squash for the rest of the day. I feel bad but not as bad as I could have done.

This was why I had no breakfast on Sunday! Centre of the screen is my Mike at Remembrance Parade in Ipswich on Sunday. So proud.

ForumRunner_20111115_104302.jpg

ForumRunner_20111115_104323.jpg

Sunday 13th November – Green

Healthy A – 250 ml SS Milk
Healthy A –
Healthy B – Measured Roast Chicken
Healthy B – Measured Roast Chicken

Missed breakfast (see above) and then just snack on fruit all day Sunday.

Plums
Banana
Tea x 3
Diet Coke
NAS Squash

Roast Chicken
Roast potatoes (fry light)
Runner Beans
Carrots
Cabbage
Jalapenos
Yorkshire Pudding x 2 (6 syns)
Gravy (2 syns)
Tea
Diet Coke

And that was all I ate all day. Busy day. J

Monday 14th November – Green

Healthy A – 250ml SS Milk
Healthy A – 4 Laughing Cow Extra Light triangles (Hex A is 6 so I had an extra cup of tea!)
Healthy B – 3 Finn Crisp Rye Crackers
Healthy B –

Tea
Banana
Diet Pepsi
2 teas

BNS and sweet potato soup
3 Finn Crisp
Lettuce
Cucumber
Cherry tomato
Gherkin
Red Cabbage
Water

Kiwi berries (sew them in Asda and had to try them, quite nice actually!)
Diet pepsi
2 figs

Pasta
Homemade thrown together pasta sauce
Can of plum tomatoes
Onion
Mushroom
LOADS of black pepper.
4 cheese triangles
3 teas

3 chocolates (6 syns)

Total syns 6

Tuesday 15th November – Green

Healthy A – 4 Laughing cow Light triangles
Healthy B – Couple of bits of scan bran
Healthy B –

Tea
Diet Pepsi
2 figs
2 plums
2 clementines

Tea
Leek and potato soup
4 cheese scones
Marmite
Lettuce
Gherkins
Diet Coke
2 teas

2 plums

2 teas
NAS Squash
Jacket Potato
Spaghetti hoops
4 cheese triangles
Scan Bran cake

Made up some SB cake. Haven’t made it before. Just whizzed 2 SB, 1 Weetabix, 2 eggs and some sweetener and bunged it in the oven for half an hour. It’s actually not too bad. Very happy to have something cakey. I’ll experiment with it all a bit more, add toppings and flavourings. Just wanted to know how it was going to turn out. Not too shabby for something made out of roof tiles.

I’m hoping the scan bran might get rid of some of the negative effects of the dinners I’ll be having in the next couple of days!

Wednesday 16th November - EE

Going out for Chinese buffet and cocktails. So here is todays diary.

Melon
Banana
1/2 scan bran cake
3 pints of water
diet coke
5 teas

Jacket potato
Salad Loads of it
Plums
2 pints of water before I go out.

EVERYTHING on the chinese menu (with side order of mushrooms, peppers and anything else SF)
Stupid amounts of wine
Cocktails

Obviously I'm not a clairvoyant but I think that's pretty much how it's going to go. Flexi syns is out of the equation, it'll never happen and I could never count anyway so I'm going off plan. I'll be aware of what I'm having obviously and try not to eat all the deep fried bits and bobs but I will have them.

Any gain will probably not show until 4 or 5 days down the line anyway!

I don't even want to talk about it! I didn't have wine
That's gotta be progress, right?

:D :D :D

Thursday 17th November - Green

Weigh in tonight - 2lb gain. Yippee! Meh. Can't complain after yesterdays meal. Still annoying though. That's not even weight, just water and carb bloat so I dare say when that settles in, it'll take another month or so to shift! Hurrah!

Healthy A - 250ml SS Milk
Healthy A - 5 Laughing COw Light Triangles
Healthy B - 3 Finn Crisps
Healthy B - 2 Slices of scan bran cake + 1 Scan Bran

1 Diet Coke
2 Figs
2 PLums
2 teas

Spaghetti hoops (Whole can - had a bit of a hangover!)
2 cheese triangles
3 Finn Crisps
3 Triangles
Gherkins - about 7! (blame the hangover again!)
Tea
2 Clementines
2 plums
Diet coke
Tea

Jacket potato
Flora extra light 2 syns
Mushrooms
Half can spaghetti hoops

Freshly homemade Jalapeno Hummous
1 Scan Bran
Cherry Vimto x loads
Diet coke

Total Syns 2
Going to bed now after a nice hot bath. Still feeling really bloated.
Have taken out a soup for tomorrows lunch and will have that and some of the hummous with some celery sticks tomorrow for lunch. I'm quite excited about it actually. Garlic free (because I hate it!) and totally syn free too.

I'm going to get my SW book out and make a list of Speed and Super Speed bits. They tend not to make that much of a difference but I'm going to make a conscious effort to try and see what happens.

Friday 18th November – GREEN

After my 2lb gain last night I’ve decided to try and do a couple of “speed” days. Armed with my Food Optimising book, I’ve selected a load of speedy and super speedy food in the hope that something might actually happen.

Healthy A – 42g Red Fat cheese
Healthy B – 2 Scan Bran
Healthy B -

Tea x 2
Water x 2
Melon SS
2 Figs S
Clementine S

Celery S
Jalapeno hummous
Jalapeno S
Chickpeas
Cumin
Diet coke
Leek and Potato Soup S for leek
Lettuce S
Gherkin S
Red Cabbage S
Water
Plums S
Tea

More celery and hummous S
2 Scan Bran

Pasta
Cherry Tomatoes S
Worcester Sauce
Cheese
Tea x 2
Diet Coke
2 pints of NAS Squash

Saturday 19th November – GREEN

Healthy A – 4 Laughing Cow Ex Light triangles
Healthy B – Ham
Healthy B - 2 Scan Bran

Tea
6” Subway Ham and Salad 10.5 syns
(used meat as healthy extra and syns were for the bread, the olives and the sweet onion dressing)
Lettuce S
Tomato S
Cucumber S
Gherkin S
Olives
Peppers S
Jalapeno S
Diet Coke

Jacket Potato
Spaghetti Hoops
Cheese triangles

Plums S

Vodka and diet coke 12.5 syns

Total syns 23

Last edited:
Sunday 20th November – EE

Cooked for the family today because it’s Mum’s birthday so a fully SW roast dinner for us today.
Healthy B –

Tea
Spaghetti hoops
Mushrooms S
Quorn Sausages 3 syns S
1 Slice Bread 5 syns (eeek the dreaded bread!!)

Carrots S
Hummus (last of it)

Tea
Squash
Diet Coke

Roast Pork
Roast potatoes (fry light)
Carrots S
Runner beans S
Yorkshire Pudding (tiny bit) 2 syns
Gravy 2 syns
Plums S
Tea
Squash

Total Syns 12 syns

Last edited:
Monday 21st November – GREEN

Tea
Diet Coke
2 Clementines S
Chicken Mugshot

Jacket Potato
Small can of Baked beans SS
4 light cheese triangles
Lettuce S
Cucumber S
Red Cabbage S
Gherkins S
Diet Coke
2 Clementines S
Tea
2 Malteasers Celebrations 4 syns
Diet coke

Whole roasted onion squash – Nice to eat, NIGHTMARE to prepare. Nearly lost my fingers about 12 times! S
Cajun Spices
Spaghetti hoops
2 Poached eggs

10 malteasers – 5 syns? Probably less but counted anyway.

Total syns – 9

Had a sneaky peek tonight, knew I shouldn’t because I’m bloated so badly and look about 5 months pregnant today and I’m showing a STS. I’ve also got a Chinese buffet dinner again for Mum’s birthday and I just feel like the whole Slimming World is against me at the moment. Thursday immediately after WI, I have another meal out with work. Week after that the SW Xmas disco with buffet and drinks, then Mike’s Squadron meal and a club afterwards. I’m trying to limit damage by being extra good during the week but then * week comes along, I’m Bloaty McBloaterson from Bloatsville and I start thinking about how pretty it looks if I just stepped off the wagon.

I don’t think I’ve got any chance of achieving my Christmas wish (which was to get my Club 10 and lose 1.5stone) I got to within 0.5lb of 10% and then put on 2lbs after one meal out! 21 meals a week, 20 100% on plan, 1 off and a 2lb gain. WHAT?!! I bang on all the time about how SW is a great eating plan for life and how great it’ll be to eat like this all the time. However, I can’t never go out for dinner again and I certainly can’t gain 2lbs if I do.

Admittedly, it is * week this week but I don’t normally suffer a gain on * week, It’s normally the week before the week of * week.
Grrrrr, I’m so fed up at the moment.

Last edited:
Tuesday 22nd November - EE

Healthy A - SS Milk
Healthy B - 3 Finn Crisps

I tried not to have Healthy Extras today because I wanted to save as much as I could for the Chinese but I was so hungry I caved.

2 Plums S
Honeydew Melon SS
Tea
Water

BNS and sweet potato soup S
Finn Crisp - I actually think I only ate two but I can't be sure!!
Diet coke
Water x 2

Grapes
Water

Chinese. I didn't do to mad, had a load of vegetables, the tiniest amount of rice and had the vegetarian option instead of the duck pancakes which was absolutely blooming gorgeous. Fried vegetables wrapped in lettuce leaves. Much better than 30 syns each and taste totally gorgeous. I might be a convert (except for special duck occasions!). I had no alcohol and drank just diet coke and water and I also made sure I had loads of water before bed resulting in extra body magic about 4 times in the night to the loo!!!! ;)

Not feeling at all bad about it. I mean, it was a meal out with the family, I didn't go without and I don't feel too guilty. We'll see exactly how guilty I feel at WI on Thursday!!

Quins said:
Good effort! Excellent focus, an inspiration to us all as the season of parties and eating out approaches.

Ah, thanks Quins and thanks for stopping by. This time of year is an absolute nightmare for eating out. You try to make sensible choices but it's not always that easy. Bring on January!

Back