HelsAngel's Super Angelic Food Diary (or not!)

It's nice to hear from you.
All is ok thanks. Mainly sticking to plan (if you totally discount this weekend!!) but I had a holiday and packed on 7lbs in 2 weeks which was quite an achievement even for me!! It's taking its time coming off too. 3 weeks so far but at the moment, I'm totally in the zone. Have a fridge and freezer full of pre-measured hex's, plan the breakfast and lunch the night before and dinner I kind of fudge depending on what the family are all eating.
I've been doing a lot of red days recently and avoiding pasta and potatoes. First ones I had were yesterday and today for ages and already I feel bloated. I knew if I bought a massive bag for making jackets, they'd be the things that bloat me out!! ;)

Green day tomorrow, basically just so I can eat something other than meat and salad for my lunch.

Keep in touch, hun. Get back to posting your diary and I hope you find your motivation. :)

Thanks I will do :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tuesday 25th October - Green

Going green today for a bit of a change. Loads of potatoes to eat :) Going for a major SFday today. Let's see how I do!

1 can Diet Cherry Coke
1 cup of tea
1 apple
2 plums
1 Clementine

1 cup of tea
1 jacket potato
3 Laughing Cow light cheese triangles (Healthy A + Milk in tea)
Lettuce/salad leaves
Cherry Tomato
Cucumber
Gherkin
Jalapenos (proper hot ones too! :eek:)
Mushrooms
Black Pepper
(pic below)

Is beautiful. However, another day of "how much are you eating?" comments. Maybe there is too much on my plate. I eat until I'm full though which I thought was the whole point. I'm worried about it. might have a small dinner tonight but then, when I do that, I so often snack on bad things.

Hmph! :wave_cry:
ForumRunner_20111025_133818.jpg

Going to make a conscious effort to drink loads of water this afternoon to try and combat the potato bloat.

Goodness knows what's for dinner tonight....?

Oh god, just remembered I bought the Super Speed soup with me for lunch. Oops. Guess that answers the dinner question then!!

Last edited:
Top half of the plate is all SF salad. Bottom of plate is a small jacket potato all squashed out with 3 cheese triangles and a can of mushrooms (heated in the microwave because I'm at work)

HelsAngel said:
Top half of the plate is all SF salad. Bottom of plate is a small jacket potato all squashed out with 3 cheese triangles and a can of mushrooms (heated in the microwave because I'm at work)

Yeah saw what you wrote after so I edited my post. For some reason at first it only came up with picture-no writing!

Where there's a will..... said:
Yeah saw what you wrote after so I edited my post. For some reason at first it only came up with picture-no writing!

Ah, that's because I had to upload the pic from my phone first and then edit it from my pc with the text. Confusing!

25th October cont.

2 large glasses of water
2 cups of tea (2nd Healthy A)
Super speed soup
100g noodles plain not dried (2 syns)
A few prawn crackers (3 syns)

Now about to go out for a couch to 5k mooch. Then I might come back for a cheeky Alpen bar Healthy B.

Work that afterburn Hels!

Ok so it threw it down with rain so instead of couch, I did 40 minutes of sit ups, leg raisy things, ab crunches and squats. I can barely walk now, my legs are like jelly. Disappointed I didn't manage a run but at least I did something.

Wednesday 27th October - EE

Wednesday equals mini roast night in my family so is almost always am EE day.

1 cup of tea
1 apple
2 Plums
1 can of diet coke

Was more hungry than this to be honest but was so busy at work, I didn't have time to eat anything.

1WM roll (Healthy B + 1 syn)
2 LC Light cheese triangles (Healthy A + Milk in tea)
5 wafer thin slices of ham
Lettuce/salad leaves
Cucumber
Gherkins
1 Clementine

2 cups of tea
1 can of diet coke
Pork Chop
Roast Potatoes (in frylight)
Broccoli
Carrots
Mange Tout
Baby Corn
Cauliflower
Gravy (2 syns)
Homemade apple sauce (2 syns)

ForumRunner_20111027_092657.jpg

HM Mini cheesecake (3 syns)

Still working on the cheesecake base. Tried Rich tea fingers (1 syn each) and used 15 but then needed 5 teaspoons of Flora extra light to bind it. Ended up working as a base but is more chewy than crunchy. Still, I managed to get 18 out of the mixture to make the whole lot 24 syns (inc the Quark and Options stirred in) so about 1.5syns MAX per little cheesecake. They're to take with me to class on Thursday night. I'm already horrifically embarrassed because they're nothing special at all but it's more to demo the quark cheesecake mixture than the base so they should understand.

Last edited:
I just had wi and I lost a half. In a bit of a mood about it because I went nuts on superfree this week and exercised and drank loads. I was on a red day and Mum cooked for me. Chicken and bacon with a Healthy A of cheese. Then she put roast potatoes on my plate for when I got in. Can't have these on a red as the skins were removed so I've had to make today an EE. I've already had 2 Healthy A's and I've left my food diary at work so rather than trying to remember what I've eaten, I'll add it all up tomorrow.

Consultant thinks I should try success express as she's drawn a blank with why it's not working as well as out should be. I've had loads of SF this week already so I don't know what good it'll do. I'll try cutting down on my portions and see if that has any effect. I did that with dinner tonight and I'm already hungry again so I'm going to go to bed and not think about it. Mike's working late so I don't even get a cuddle! I've got a friends birthday in town tomorrow night and I'm now torn about going all out with the vodka or driving and having diet coke. It's about 16 miles away so I should drive but I'm just in such a grump I might have a drink and just enjoy myself.

Slightly changing the format today so it's easier to read (thanks to Annya for the idea!)

Thursday 27th October - EE (because I was served potatoes for dinner!!)

Healthy A 250ml SS Milk
Healthy B WM roll

1 cup of tea
1 can diet coke
2 Plums
Grapes
Apple
Cup of tea

1 WM roll (B + 1 syn)
1 can tuna flakes in brine
Lettuce/Salad leaves
Cherry tomato
Cucumber
Gherkins
Jalapenos
2 tbspn ELF mayo (1 syn)
1 diet coke
1 cup of tea

Chicken breast
Bacon (grilled but 2 syns just in case of bits fat not removed by Mum before she cooked it for me!)
42g Low fat cheese (Was an A but now synned as 6!)
Roast potatoes (2 syns because I'm not entirely sure it was Frylight!)
Broccoli
Carrots
Cauliflower
Sweetcorn
1 cup of tea
1 diet coke

Total syns 12

.....and bed early because I was still hungry and was in a mood at only losing 0.5lbs!!

Friday 28th October - EE Flexi day.

Never really done a proper flexi day before, normally just count weekly syns but today I decided to give myself 50 syns. I'll take them out of my weekly allowance anyway as I usually do and cut down the syns for the rest of the week. See how this works.

Healthy A 250ml SS milk
Healthy B 2 slices WM bread

3 cups of tea
2 plums
12" Subway, wheat bread
Turkey
All salad with a few olives
Sweet onion dressing
20.5 syns
Diet coke
2 slices Wm toast
1 tsp ELF Flora 1 syn

6 single vodkas 15 syns
White pitta bread 7.5 syns
Loads of salad
NO MAYONNAISE!!!

Total syns: 44

Saturday 29th October Red

Slept all morning, woke up at 12 by a call from my friend asking me what I wanted from McDonalds. Eeek. Mild hangover and the offer of McDonalds in bed? Managed to order a diet coke and nothing else! Go me!

Drive home about 2pm then it was all rush to get ready for work and do other bits and bobs. Saturdays are really tough for healthy eating and exercise and just eating in general but it's almost every week so we just get on with it.

Healthy A 250ml SS milk
Healthy A 42g reduced fat cheddar
Healthy B 2 wm bread
Healthy B 2 Alpen lights

2 cups of tea
Diet coke
Tuna melt on toast
2 wm bread
1 can Tuna in brine, drained
2 tbspn light mayo 3 syns
42g reduced fat cheddar
3 cups of tea
4 diet cokes
1 vodka diet coke 4 syns
2 alpen lights
1 banana
1 apple
3 slices of ham
1 cup of tea

Total syns: 7 syns

I know it looks like a hideous day foodwise but that's a pretty standard working Saturday. Also, drove past a McDonalds on the A12 at 1am after work when I was STARVING. Before I'd have definitely stopped and had a large Big Mac meal with extra nuggets. It's tough but I'm breaking the habits finally.

Sunday 30th October - Green

Healthy A 250ml SS milk
Healthy A 42g reduced fat cheddar
Healthy B 2 slices wm bread
Healthy B

4 cups of tea
1 peppermint tea
2 cans diet coke
1 Freddo - 5.5 syns
Cheese sandwich with Healthy A and B
Elf mayo instead of spread - 0.5 syns

2 yorkshire puds - 6 syns
2 Quorn Fillets (yuck!)
Roast potatoes frylight
Carrots
Runner beans
Gravy - 2 syns
Wholegrain mustard - 1 syn

Total syns 15

Wow, they soon add up on a Sunday! Lucky I wrote it down otherwise I wouldn't have realised I'd had so many. Darn that Freddo bar this morning. Not even a chocolate lover!

Quorn fillets are pretty foul served "as is" Hels - I can only eat them if I spice them up a bit.

Can I suggest you replace with 71g cooked chicken next time and use this as your second HExB? Doesn't sound like a lot I know, but if you shred it then it looks like you are getting a fair bit ;)

Oh, and if you buy a sachet of batter mix and make 12 Yorkies puds with Frylight instead of using pre-bought they work out about a syn each so you can have more or have two for 2 syns as opposed to two for 6 syns :D

Freeze the rest then you can use them as you would pre-bought ones............

Hiya Annya,

Could have had chicken as a Hex B but I didn't have any in. The family were having lamb which I don't eat (Save The Sheep!) so me and Mike spent the morning walking around local farm shops for strange vegetables and something meaty and delicious for my dinner. The only thing I saw was a rolled pork thing full of sundried tomatoes and chillies and stuffing thing which I'd have happily snapped up had it not been absolutely caked in fat all over with no way of removing it. By the time we'd been everywhere and I'd stocked up on Celeriac, I had to choose something quickly and I was annoyed that even Jimmy's Farm from the telly didn't have anything exciting for my dinner so I just went for Quorn because it was free on green and I could just shove it in from frozen in 15 minutes.

It was pretty ick though, not even my wholegrain mustard and gravy helped. I think next time I'll chop it up and mix it all with jalapenos and bits to disguise it.

Re. the yorkshire puddings, I didn't know there was another recipe. Thanks for the heads up. Once Mike and I get our own place (which we're looking for at the moment) and are not with my parents and brother, I'll be able to tackle this 100% and really go for it with batch cooking and pre-preperation. At the moment, my poor Mum who's trying to be retired is trying to cook for me on SW and my fussy brother who hates veg and Mike who won't eat anything green! Aside from that, we have no room in our two freezers to store anything.

Actually, I need to go through the freezer and find out what's in there so I can properly prepare days in advance. Right now, I have no idea what's there, what I can eat and what I can't. This is my mission for the week. :)

Back