HelsAngel's Super Angelic Food Diary (or not!)

felicity62 said:
*waves hello* taking a look and digesting

Hey Felicity. Welcome, have a look around. It's not very exciting really but might give you an idea of the kind of speedy stuff I've been doing. I've tried to label the last few days with an S or Ss so you (and I) can see what I've had.

Wednesday 23rd November – Green

Healthy A – 250ml SS Milk
Healthy A – 3 Light Cheese Triangles and 1 mini babybel light
Healthy B – Pork Chop
Healthy B – Pork Chop + 1 Ryvita Rye

Tea
Diet Coke
Water
Banana
Water

Jacket Potato
3 Cheese triangles, 1 babybel light
Lettuce S
Cucumber S
Celery S
Red Cabbage S
Beetroot S
Gherkins S
1 tbsp ELF Mayo 0.5 syn
3 Cadbury’s fingers 4.5 syns
Water
Diet Coke

Tea x 3
NAS Squash
Diet Coke
1 Ryvita Rye
Plum S

Pork Chop
Roast Potatoes (frylight)
Runner Beans S
Carrots S
Sweetcorn
Cabbage S
Gravy 2 syns
Yorkshire Pudding 6 syns
Apple Sauce 1 syn

Total Syns 14

Thursday 24th November – EE

Meal out with work tonight, courtesy of Toshiba. Already decided what I’m having and had a very SW head on at the time.

Healthy B –

Tea x 3
Diet coke
Grapes
Water

Half a can of baked beans
Lettuce
Cucumber
Beetroot
Red Cabbage
Gherkins
Tea
Water
Diet Coke

Tea

Salmon and crab fishcake with side salad
Turkey, stuffing, roast potatoes, broccoli, cabbage, carrots, beans, gravy. Didn’t eat all of it, certainly not the mahoosive potatoes or the turkey but ate most of the veg.
Champagne Sorbet with mango. – Could’ve been Xmas pudding, chocolate tart so think I made a great choice!!
Wine!
Vodka
Tequila….. well I wasn’t paying!! ;)

Had a wonderful result at WI this week. Got 4lbs, I’m sure the scales said 10st 10lbs and I did a little victory dance and shrieked like a girl. When I looked in my diary though it was recorded as 10st 11lbs with a 3lb loss which I’m still elated with. Needed 2.5lbs for my Club 10 so that bad boy is now mine. I’ve only recorded 3lbs on my stats as it’s only fair. I just need to now not lose the plot and try and lose another 3.5lbs for my 1.5 stone before Xmas. That’d be absolutely amazing. Still got a million Xmas parties to do though. Next one is next Friday, the SW group disco. Apparently, it’s an off plan night. Brilliant!

So all in all, Club 10, BMI of 25.1 and I’m half way through my journey. 6 months in, SW graph is saying March for Target. I’d like to do it by first week of June which will make it exactly a year. FOCUS!

Yay!!!!!!

Go Hels :party0049:, go Hels :party0049:, go Hels :party0049: go Hels :D

Monday 28th November – Green

Healthy A – 4 Light cheese triangles
Healthy B –
Healthy B –

Tea
Diet Coke
Water
Tea
(No Breakfast – Monday, shopping at lunchtime and had no SF. Didn’t want a mugshot!!)

Broccoli
Carrots
Cauliflower
Instant Mash
4 cheese triangles
Water
Pepsi Max
Tea
Water

Got really pecking around 4pm so had a SF buffet at my desk.
Celery
Sugar Snap Peas
Gherkins
For someone who doesn’t eat many green things, I did ok!

2 teas
Jacket Potato
Low Fat Cottage Cheese
Half can Spaghetti hoops

Missed a couple of days diary. Was on plan apart from a meal out Thursday which I made healthy choices at (and also drank wine and vodka!) and Friday Morning when I had a niggly hangover and just wanted to eat the world. I think I managed to consume half of Ipswich but did it with free foods (read: mostly free foods!)

Don’t know why I’m missing my Healthy B’s so much on Green. I could never have enough at one point, now I’m not having any!! I think because I’ve cut out bread and I easily used to use them all on that and/or Alpen lights. Maybe I can credit my recent losses to the fact that I’ve cut bread out. Something must have brought about this strange shift in large losses.

Incidentally, my consultant text the other day and I said that I was sure it was 4lbs I lost and she confirmed it was 3lbs. Not quite as miraculous as I first thought but still my biggest loss so far (including my first week) and still worthy of the celebration. I’m really struggling this week though. I think Thursday and Friday have totally caught up with me and I feel bloated and wobbly. Mike commented that my tummy was flat when I was laying in bed the other day, that was great but then I stood up and it kinda wasn’t flat anymore! :p Tried on a load of dresses for the numerous parties I’ve got going on and they all look rubbish so I’m in a clothes mood right now.

Tuesday 29th November – Green

Healthy A – 2 Slices Low Low cheese
Healthy B – 3 Finn Crisp
Healthy B – Bit of beef in chilli (probably doesn’t count but was a spoonful)

Tea x 2
Pepsi Max
2 Plums
2 Satsumas

Celery
Jalapeno Hummus
Pepsi Max
Tea
Leek and potato soup (HM) 1.5 syns
3 Finn Crisp
Water
Peppermint Tea

Tea x 2

Jacket potato
Bit of Chilli HM using chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, kidney beans and other stuff from scratch. Counting as 2 syns just to be safe.

Cottage cheese

Banana
Pint of NAS squash

Small piece of Brioche – syns online says 6.5 for a whole one and I had a half of a different one but counting as 6.5 anyway.

Total syns 10

Bloaty McBloaterson again. I’m half wondering if it’s the pop I’m drinking to be honest. I’m trying to reintroduce peppermint tea instead but it’s just not that caffeine hit I need to get me through the day. Pepsi Max is especially gassy so maybe I just need to get rid of these cans and not have them again.

Can’t believe WI is so close again. Not looking good so far. I thought just as much that a 3lb loss would mean an almost inevitable gain the next week. It’s just not natural for me to lose such a substantial amount in such a short space of time. Still, only the official WI will tell.

Wednesday 30th November – Green

Healthy A - Cheese in chicken for dinner
Healthy B – Chicken Breast
Healthy B -

Tea
Pepsi Max
Satsuma
2 Plums
Tea
Peppermint Tea
Banana

Jacket Potato
ICBINB Light 3
Lettuce
Cucumber
Carrots
Sugar Snap Peas
Red Cabbage
Sweetcorn
Jalapeno hummus
Gherkins
Pickled Onions
Pepsi Max
Peppermint Tea

Finn Crisp 1
Marmite

½ of a Chicken Breast wrapped in bacon with tiny amount of cheese that melted and all fell out!! (6 syns because I have no idea and I haven’t had Healthy B’s so the chicken and cheese will count to that, god knows about the bacon!)
Potatoes
Carrots
Beans
Gravy 1 - Opted out of a Yorkshire pudding to save syns!

Very Low Fat Fromage Frais
Honey 3

Options Hot chocolate 2

Total syns 14

Getting really fed up with salad for lunch now especially with it being winter. Pepsi Max I’m quite sure is what is bloating me. Diet Coke doesn’t do it this bad.
WI tomorrow. *yawn*

Hi just wanted to say I like the way you do your food diary on here and it has given me inspiration:D

Right, No messing. I'm on plan. I'm getting to target and I'm going to update this EVERY day with every single thing that I eat and drink.

Starting now.... Target by June. 18lbs to go. Urgh.

Thursday 26th January - I think it's going to be RED or EE cause I fancy some tuna!

Healthy A - 250ml SS Milk
Healthy A - 75g of Primula Light (Best Hex EVER! there's LOADS)
Healthy B - 4 Ryvita Original
Healthy B - 2 slices of wm bread

2 Cups of tea
1 Diet Coke
200g Total 0% yoghurt
1 Large banana
2 tspn Honey 2 syns

4 Original Ryvita
75g Primula Cheese
1 small can of tuna
Sweetcorn
Lettuce
Cucumber
Gherkins
Red Cabbage
Silverskin Onions
1 glass water
1 can diet coke
Total 0% yoghurt
Honey 2 syns

Chicken breast
Green beans
Runner beans
About 5 chips
Extra light mayo 0.5 syns
Gravy 2 syns
Bread

6.5 syns total.

Last edited:
Good on ya girlie!

You pass by mine and I will pass by yours.......... that way we can keep an eye on each other ;-D

Annya said:
Good on ya girlie!

You pass by mine and I will pass by yours.......... that way we can keep an eye on each other ;-D

Absolutely, Annya. Thanks. :) I notice already, we've had the same breakfast near enough!

Had WI tonight. Managed to gain the two and a half pounds I lost last week. True Helen style. Really pissed off to be honest but will not lose my way. So, one stone lost. Same weight as 9th September 11. Brilliant work!

Sorry to hear that Hels :( I gained another half pound myself and back the same weight I was in mid-October so I feel your pain :rolleyes:

I had actually lost a stone at the beginning of December, but am right back to 9.5lbs now :sigh:

Friggin' uphill struggle isn't it honey :mad: but at least you are not alone....... I will struggle along with you and we WILL get there in the end!

The way I see it, I am still 9.5lbs lighter then I was this time last year...........

That's exactly right, Annya. I'm a stone less than I was in June. Mike, bless him, keeps calling me skinny because he knows how much I strive for it. I know I look better than I did but it's not how I want to be. It was discussed at group last night that maybe I'm so up/down all the time because my body is happy at 11 stone. I wish my head was. I want a BMI at a maximum of 24 purely so that when I'm married (in October) and Mike and I start thinking about a family, there will be no question of my weight being the issue if we have problems etc. Very negative way of thinking but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Anyway, Samsung are at work at the moment and are buying pizza for lunch. The way I feel about everything today I'll eat a whole on to myself. Oooh, orders taking place now. Let's test the will power to the max!!! Is it possible that I could refuse a free hign syn lunch?!

Friday 27th January –

Healthy A – 250 ml SS Milk
Healthy A -
Healthy B – Fibre Plus bar
Healthy B -

2 cups of tea
1 apple
1 Fibre Plus bar (Love these)
1 Tea
1 Nectarine

30th January 2012 - Green

Healthy A - 4 Laughing Cow EL triangles
Healthy B - 2 HiFi Light bars
Healthy B -

Diet Coke
Nectarine
3 plums
Tea

Super Speed Soup (henchforth called SS Soup because I can't be bothered to type it out everytime!)
5 Cheese and potato scones (cottage cheese, instant mash, eggs)
Jalapeno hummous (Chick Peas, Jalapenos, salt and pepper - No garlic, hate it!)
Diet Coke
Diet Coke
0% Total
Honey (2 Syns)
Banana
Plums
Celery
Peppermint tea

Jacket potato
4 lcel cheese triangles
Broccoli
Carrots
Cauliflower
Tea

Pint of Squash
2 Hi Fi Light bars

Last edited:
Tuesday 31st Jan - RED emergency change to EE!

Healthy A - 6 LC EL Triangles
Healthy B - 60g WM Nimble
Healthy B -

2 Teas
4 Plums
Diet Coke

Tea
Toast with cheese triangles
Tuna on top (was thinking melt but it went cold!)
Cucumber
Lettuce
Carrot sticks
Red Cabbage
Gherkins
Pickled Onions
(No Mayo - I'm a crazy fool!)

0% Total Yoghurt
Banana
Honey (3 syns) It was sooooo nice!
Tea

Diet coke
Tea
Corn on the cob
Mackerel - woooooooo
Broccoli
Icbinb light 4 syns

Syns 13 as had to count the cheese triangles as 6 syns and not an extra healthy a on red. Although maybe the sweetcorn would work out less than the cheese? Whatever, it's done now!

Last edited:
Wednesday 1st Feb – EE

Healthy B – Cereal

3 Teas
Cereal + 3 syns
Banana
Squash

Turkey
Pork chop
Potatoes
Green Beans
Carrots
Apple sauce 2 syns
Gravy 2 syns
Yorkshire Pud 3 syns
Ice cream (tiny bit for sore throat) 4 syns

14 syns total

Didn’t have a great day food wise today but was shopping for wedding stuff so was busy and grabbed what I could when I could. Started as a RED day hence the turkey in the afternoon but had to change to an EE so the mini roast would work otherwise I couldn’t have the potatoes. Roast without potatoes? Never gonna happen!

Thursday 2nd Feb – RED

Healthy A – 30g Cheddar
Healthy B – 4 Original Ryvita
Healthy B – 190s Jacket Potato

I’m actually thinking about not counting my milk as a Healthy Extra anymore and just synning for every cup of Tea I have. I can get 5, sometimes 6 cups of tea out of my allowance, but sometimes, especially when it’s busy at work, I can have only 3 a day and I’m wasting what I could be using on cheese!!

2 Teas
0% Total
Banana
Honey 2 syns

FISH DAY
Smoked Salmon trimmings
Mackerel in brine
Ryvita
Cottage Cheese
Lettuce
Gherkin
Red Cabbage
Pickled Onions
Carrot Sticks
Tomato

Diet Coke x 2

Peppermint tea
Strawberries

2 x Tea
Magic Potato (Jacket with potato scooped out, mashed with cheese and put back in and grilled)
1 Slice proper ham
tin of mackeral in brine (can't get enough of this right now!)
Bread and butter (tiniest bit and ICBINB light) 8 syns

Total 10 syns

Last edited:
Back