helzzz's diary - 59.5lb lost, 15.5 to go!

helzzz

loves SW!!
I'm really struggling to lose weight at the moment. I lost about a stone over summer when I first started SW - but found that I was cheating a lot so wasn't as successful as I hoped. Now I'm at uni I can't get back in time for my local class and I can't afford to pay each week.

Anyway - Christmas is coming and if I don't do something about it now I'll just be even bigger come January so I need to do something about it now. Me and my hubby have a deal - for every pound I lose he'll put money in a jar for me (and take it out if I put on) - when I reach goal there'll be a nice amount of money for me to buy new clothes with. :D

I've found this website really helpful in the past for looking up syns and finding recipes so I'm hoping that admitting to everyone what I eat each day will be a good way to help me stay in control.

I've made a list of food that I'm going to eat this week. I'm out three nights doing voluntary work so there'll be lots of reheated left overs. My hubby also went shopping and bought everything that we'll need for the week so there's no excuse for not managing it!

I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning and use that as my starting weight - hopefully will lose at least a few pound before Christmas.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Hi there, That idea is really good!! fab support from hubby!! My motivaton only started on 15th November lol - typical right b4 xmas - im still having xmas eve, day & boxing day off the diet but im also doing the classes frm home as i cannot afford 2 go to them either and ive got two young daughters so find it hard to go to around them and uni work etc. Good luck you can do it this time!!

Welcome to MiniMins :welcome2:

You sound like you are well organised and motivated to do this.

I like the idea of giving yourself a year to lose your weight, it is a sensible goal and just wanted to wish you the best of luck on your weight loss journey.

That's a fab idea about the money in the jar, i think i may have to borrow this idea and see if hubby will get his hand in his pocket!!

I wish you every success!! xxx

Thanks for the support everyone!

Hubby just reminded me that if I make goal by this time next year I'll be able to wear something slinky for his 30th birthday party - what a good incentive! ;)

I've been reading through quite a few other threads for inspiration and I'm feeling really good about it all. It's really good to be able to talk to other people about their relationship with food and to realise that I'm not the only one who has an inner struggle. Maybe it's easier to talk to strangers about it rather than people I know. I know that I use any excuse to eat; happiness, sadness, illness, celebrations - any excuse to pig out "legitimately". I need to stop this somehow and maybe keeping an honest online diary is the way - I really hope so!

I want to have a baby in a couple of years and worry that I'm too overweight/unhealthy to carry a healthy baby. I want to lose weight and be healthy, not just to look good but so that I can have my family and have the energy to be a good Mum - if that's not a good reason to do this I don't know what is.

Thanks for all your replies - it's good to know that people are reading and supporting me through this.

P.S. - should I eat 15 syns every day or can I use less if I don't need them all?

I've been doing the same & i am so glad that i signed up to this site now!! Definitely going to give me the push i need...

As regards to the syns, i was told to aim between 5-15 syns & not to syn just for the sake of it...Alot of people i know don't seem to get a good weekly weigh in if they dont have atleast 5...Hope this helps!!

xx

DAY 1 - weight 15st 3lb

Well - the cooker was broken last night so I couldn't cook something to reheat today so had to rethink my food plan. I got up this morning and boiled some eggs and made egg mayo sandwiches for my tea instead. Today's plan is to have a green day consisting of:

Breakfast: Weetabix, milk and sweetener (Weetabix=HexB, Milk=HexA)
Lunch: Jacket potato with beans and cheese, muller light yoghurt and banana (Cheese=HexA)
Tea: egg mayo sandwiches (4 slices nimble wholemeal, 2 eggs, 2tbs extra light mayo, lettuce and cucumber), muller light yoghurt and banana (2 slices nimble=HexB, 2 slices nimble=5syns, 2tbs extra light mayo=1syn)

Total=6 syns for the day.

Not a bad day - I'll also swap my mocha / hot chocolate at uni for a cup of tea.

My first mini goal is to be under 15st for Christmas (and hopefully still in the new year).

Mrs Davis - thanks for the syns advice! :)

Your most welcome :)

I've just wrote my food plan and we seem to be having a very similar day part from having ham and boiled egg salad for lunch and jackets and beans for Tea... Hehe!! Good choices!!

Good Luck for your first day!! xxx

Deffo have as many syns as you can!! I did like a little test and the less i had the slower the weight loss! i normaly try to have 8 - 10 a day to leave room for if i havnt measured anything properly and ive lost 14lb in 4 weeks so far - your meal plan sounds fab!! hot chocolate options is only 2syns and ideal for when you have chocolate craving or if when kids are in bed and i want something nice to have! xx

DAY TWO

Yesterday didn't end up going quite as planned. I went to get my jacket potato at uni and they'd sold out!! I nearly opted for an omlette & chips but went to the shop instead and got a pre-packed pasta with chicken, tomatoes and vegetables. I know that there will have been some oil involved in the cooking but it was the best I could think of I had 9 syns left for the day so shouldn't have been more than that.

I got home last night to find that in his attempt to fix the oven, hubby had dismantled the entire cooker. His comment was "you didn't want to cook tomorrow did you?" GRRRRR!!!! The result of that is that I'll have to resort to microwaveable foods today and my weekly food plan is going out of the window quickly.:mad:

Anyway - onwards and upwards. It feels like everything's conspiring against me to stop me from sticking to SW. If I can make it through the next couple of days I can make it through anything!

Today's meal plan:
Breakfast: Weetabix, milk and sweetener (Weetabix=HexB, Milk=HexA)

Lunch: Scrambled egg on toast (2 slices wholemeal nimble=HexB, egg=free, 3tsp l.f. margarine =3syns, 1tbs l.f. salad cream =1.5syns)

Tea: pasta n sauce, muller light yoghurt and banana (not sure which pasta n sauce yet but they're all under 2 syns, might even treat myself to 1 tsp l.f. margarine in it for another syn)

Total - less than 7.5 syns :D

Hey hel10683 I'm no too familiar with that sweetener, it matters a lot whether it is artificial or not, how much is spikes blood sugar etc. I personally use stevia, a natural no calorie sweetener (it's extracted from a plant from South America.

DAY 3

Hooray!! The cooker is working again. My clever hubby managed to fix it in time for me to cook tea last night so my plan for the day changed again.

Instead for tea I had quorn chicken pasta consisiting of; quorn chicken pieces, onion, tinned peas, tinned tomatoes, 2 tbs tomato puree (1 syn but split between 3 servings so less than 0.5 syns), pasta, 28g cheese (HexA)

Absolutely scrummylicious and less than 0.5 syns and really quick to cook too! :D Made enough that I could reheat it for lunch today. I also had a Cadbury's mini roll (6 syns) and a frozen muller light yoghurt which I'd forgotton was in the freezer so it was rock solid and took me about half an hour to eat.

Total syns for the day: 11 syns - not bad to say that I had a mini roll!

Today's plan (green day):

Breakfast: weetabix (HexB), milk (HexA), sweetener

Lunch: Quorn chicken pasta (see above) = 0.5 syns for tomato puree and HexA for cheese

Dinner: I'm going to try diet coke chicken using the chicken as my HexB. Everything else in it is free. Think I'll have it with chips and syn some oven chips (I'm supposed to be essay writing all day so don't have time to be making homemade SW chips) Not sure how many syns they'll be yet - depends how hungry I am but I'll weigh them out first and be a good girl (I also do them on a separate tray to hubby so I know that I'm having the right amount and not guessing)

Hopefully I'll have day 3 of 100% - I'm feeling good about it.

Hi sagethompson,

Thanks for the sweetener info. I'm quite happy with canderel at the moment (and have a big jar of it). I understand your feelings about artificial versus natural but there's a lot of artificial sweetener in other low calorie things so I'm not too worried.

Way to go on managing to stick to plan while having no cooker! and i love your idea of putting money in a jar...and ive stolen it, hope you dont mind lol. I've just put £6 into a jar for what ive lost so far....will see how much i have to take back out on thursday lol

Keep it up hun :)

Back