Herbal Teas?!

Can anyone help me with what herbal teas you drink?

I've had a peppermint one this morning, and I can see there is 0.3g of carbs?! I thought it would've been ok!

Hellllp! It's a minefield!

Thanks in advance x

Basically only leaf teas, so normal tea (with no milk), green tea (no flavoured ones) or peppermint tea. There shouldn't be any carbs in peppermint tea, it should be just dried peppermint leaves. If your tea is peppermint flavoured rather than the real stuff it's best to avoid. Basically no teas made with flavourings, no teas made with fruit or flowers.

Basically only leaf teas, so normal tea (with no milk), green tea (no flavoured ones) or peppermint tea. There shouldn't be any carbs in peppermint tea, it should be just dried peppermint leaves. If your tea is peppermint flavoured rather than the real stuff it's best to avoid. Basically no teas made with flavourings, no teas made with fruit or flowers.

Thanks for your reply!

So if I'm in doubt, am I looking for the carbs? As long as there's none, it's ok? I seen a liquorice one and fancied trying it.. It has no carbs!?

Sorry for the 21 questions!
Sara

Thanks for your reply!

So if I'm in doubt, am I looking for the carbs? As long as there's none, it's ok? I seen a liquorice one and fancied trying it.. It has no carbs!?

Sorry for the 21 questions!
Sara

definitely no liquorice, it's not a leaf :( dont worry looking for carbs, you just need to stick to plain green tea, plain peppermint leaf tea (avoid teapigs etc as they have peppermint oil in) and normal plain tea made black.

definitely no liquorice, it's not a leaf :( dont worry looking for carbs, you just need to stick to plain green tea, plain peppermint leaf tea (avoid teapigs etc as they have peppermint oil in) and normal plain tea made black.

Oh pants! That's the tea I've had twice now! Bloody teapigs!!

So will I be out of ketosis now? I've only had 1 cup yesterday and 1cup today?!

I'm sure you're ok, if they have the carbs you mentioned then it's only a tiny amount, not enough to take you out of ketosis, but they can affect your overall weight loss so do avoid them in future, even if they're yummy. I only discovered teapigs recently, they are nice (but expensive) but I'll leave them til after I'm at goal :)

Back