Here as I am...

How about a compromise - when I started, we were allowed bars from day 4. Not sure why, assume by then we're deemed to be in to ketosis, whereas with the bars being higher in carbs it make take longer - could be totally wrong though! I know the approach varies by LLC from previous threads on here.

Anyway, I followed the approach of bars from day 4 (as it's what my LLC told us to do!!) and lost 11lbs in the first week, so it worked for me :)

I have to agree with BL though around bending the rules - if I had started changing the plan to suit me, I hate to think where I would have ended up - definitely not nearly 5.5 stone lighter in 4.5 months though, that's for sure.

Thanks Lucy

I've opted for the compromise. I started today and have my first WI on Thursday ( I started early); I'll have just packs until then and start the bars from Friday.

Today hasn't been that bad, although I have caught the flu which has meant that I've been asleep for most of the day!

LS

Its simple - you stick to the plan, whether you include a bar or not, you're gonna lose loads of weight in a very short space of time, it works, you need discipline and a lot of willpower, it comes down to how much you need/want it. Good luck.

Thanks Lucy

I've opted for the compromise. I started today and have my first WI on Thursday ( I started early); I'll have just packs until then and start the bars from Friday.

Today hasn't been that bad, although I have caught the flu which has meant that I've been asleep for most of the day!

LS
You're welcome :)
How you getting on, and how was the weigh in? Hope you're feeling better now too :)

You're welcome :)
How you getting on, and how was the weigh in? Hope you're feeling better now too :)

I'm soo pleased! Since Tuesday I've lost six pounds :):):)

I had my first bar today, I decided to wait until I had my first drop-in session to be sure I was in Ketosis. I had the peanut bar, which is far nicer that the peice of formica that used to masquerade as a 'nut crunch'.

I'm still thinking about food quite a lot which is irritating so I've bought some books to keep me occupied. Hopefully this is just a phase.

LS

I'm soo pleased! Since Tuesday I've lost six pounds :):):)

I had my first bar today, I decided to wait until I had my first drop-in session to be sure I was in Ketosis. I had the peanut bar, which is far nicer that the peice of formica that used to masquerade as a 'nut crunch'.

I'm still thinking about food quite a lot which is irritating so I've bought some books to keep me occupied. Hopefully this is just a phase.

LS
6lbs is fab! And exactly what I lost in my first drop in session - and went on to lose 11lbs in the first week :eek: :D
I love the peanut bars too - and the raspberry and cranberry, used to have the toffee and fruit ones, but went off them a few weeks back :)
Carry on the good work - you're doing fab :)

Back