Here comes the BOOM!

The Hut Group, which sells you your Exante fix, will happily sell you a low or no carb protein shake in a number of varieities and flavours from its MyProtein brand. That will do the job. They are a bit of a shock compared to the the creamy meal replacement ones, but just mixing one with cold water and downing it prior to the gym will stop you getting light-headed after your workout. And it'll make you appreciate your usual Exante stuff that little bit more, too :)

Haha, a get it down you kind of job eh! Might look into that option though, I usually just have a banana that serves the same purpose but I don’t want to add in too much real food as I’ll have more of a tendency to cheap.

Was a little light headed at the gym this morning but that could also be down to my kittens being little sods running around like hooligans at 4am this morning and not letting me get back to sleep for that vital last hour and a half.

Eat a kitten? Two problems solved.

Omg, FF I can't believe how irresponsible you are, encouraging people to eat kittens while on a VLCD. Ceedee should buy the powdered kitten flavour mix from Exante. Sheesh.

Also, welcome back Bunny! Sorry you're still ill and 2lb of what is probably water weight will drop before you know it. Also try not to fret about not going to the gym and stick to plan in the mean time. As you say, life is a thing that keeps happening, so whether you're on a weight loss programme or not, there are going to be times when you eat too much or can't make it the gym - so it's basically a normal life event of the sort you'll have to manage pretty regularly. One of the downsides of being on a VLCD is that it keeps you inside this very safe, very restricted bubble - and probably having to learn to live like a human again is why people tend to backslide.

So what I'm saying is: you're doing good. Keep it up <3

Gaffaw 😂

I’m so tired today and unusually bored with Exante. It’ll pass. I think it doesn’t help that I had a team night out bowling and I would have enjoyed it far more with a few drinks and joining in with the food even though it was nmist likely sub standard. I stayed strong and had one of my lemon bars although I had four packs today as I forgot I was doing that instead of the gym. Ooops.

Not sure if it’s the clammy weather but I’m also feeling really fat. I’ll hold out on the weigh in until Monday but I’m just in that frame of mind where I feel it’s not shifting. I need to continue as I won’t feel any better by stopping but I so badly want to get back to my normality of regular gym and enjotable guilt-free eating. I think it will be at least six weeks before I hit 9st 10lbs where I’ll feel comfy in myself and who knows how long to drop to 9st as I’ll be aiming for under goal and we know how hard it is the nearer you reach goal, let alone going under.

Please excuse my moping but just not having a good day I guess.

On the plus side, I must have drunk about 5 litres today with the weather and including the herbal teas.

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel different. The journey continues regardless :)

So, after a 100% week I have lost 3.6lbs. Actually, it’s 9.6lbs but only the 3.6 were fresh fat. So I’ve lost the weekend away weight and more which I’m pleased for.

Cold has almost gone so I’ll be back at the gym tonight. I did a double session yesterday and I have to say it was a struggle. I opted for two boiled eggs rather than an additional pack to try and limit the carbs. I think I will continue to do that.

Spent most of yesterday reading through someone’s CWP diary. I can lose days on a single diary. I’m such a slow reader!

I had to replace batteries in my scales this morning. First weight registered 10st 5.6lbs and while I would have loved that, I knew I was 10st 10.6lbs yesterday and while this diet appears to be a miracle worker - it can only do so much. Second attempt said 11st 8lbs which I baulked at. Replaced batteries and settled on 10st 11lbs, higher than yesterday but I’ll take it as correct.

Have a great day all :)

That's a really good loss. So happy for you, Bunny!

Today I’ve been feeling that I have far too much fat to be as close to goal as I am. I know what I look like at 9st 4lbs and it’s a lot different to now but I feel little difference to when I was over 12 stone a few weeks ago. My clothes barely fit better yet let alone getting into my professional office gear that I’ve had to abandon for now, so it’s hard to comprehend.

That is all :)

I can’t work out whether to say well done or sorry to hear that.... ...well done!

I just placed an order. With all the talk of low stock and the slow deliveries, I thought I’d better. No golden syrup porridge which I love right now and have run out of - oh well.

Casting, thought of you as I nearly ended up with 49 yogurt muesli things. Almost checked out with 7 x 7 boxes rather than 7 x 1 pack 😖 I’m taking a chance with 7 as I haven’t tried them yet but can’t be bothered to like them and then have to wait for another order so risking it. Anyone tried them?

I never order the shakes. Maybe I should try them sometime?

I’ve been a lot less adventurous this time and just ordered shed loads of the same thing. Always a danger I know but will have to suck it up if I go off them.

Ordered 7 ball pack things, peanut/caramel and chocolate. Also some of the BBQ crisps. They may be reserved for the 4th week or if that’s not allowed (need to read up) will save them for introducing additional food pre maintenance. If I like them they could become protein snack additions for workouts and snacks in general. That was the most exciting part of the order.

Damn. Reading my post, I’ve become so dull😂 Ho hum, a post for myself for future reference when placing orders.

I guess that says something about me too GymBunny, as I found your post all quite interesting... ordering from Exante is one of the highlights of my month these days... sad but true.

My first order was all different stuff, my second was all my favourites, and after I bored myself to tears (so much so that I don't really like the chocolate coconut bars anymore, which I originally thought were lush), now I order random things.

I like the shakes - they do vary, but I really enjoy them for breakfast, and they do fill me up. Possibly more than the bars do!

I used the snacks in the first couple of weeks to tide me over, and then I haven't ordered any since as they tend to be more expensive (the meal replacement discount doesn't seem to work on them). The balls are delish, though. The crisps are odd, but they're so crunchy it feels like you're really eating something.

I haven't tried the yogurt muesli - I like the granola though.

I think, like you YW, I’m going to quickly regret my all similar order but it seems we probably all go through the same cycle of variety then thinning it down, then variety again. Ultimately I’ll probably never be truly content, it’s all just an attempt to make the plan as easy going as possible and we all know how hard it is. The regular drops in weight cannot be beaten though, so we see it through.

I’d consider ordering shakes for my next order but I know what I’m like and I will consider it too much effort for little reward. I know, I know, water and product in a shaker; shake. The microwave meals are find less hassle when in reality there’s little difference and the bars are just the easiest but often leave me craving something savoury, although craving is a strong word as I rarely crave on this plan - I just know what I’d like to eat.

I’m looking forward to, what will now be known to me as ‘the crisps and balls week’, and should make a nice change. I need to map out when that week actually falls as I have no idea. The yogurt thing is okay. Glad I didn’t miss my error as I wouldn’t want 48 more of them but another 6 is okay. I shan’t be reaching for them any time soon.

Today has been the day from hell workwise. It’s been ramping up over the last few days and I have little hope for tomorrow knowing the meetings I have and with whom. I would like to say I’ve learnt something about myself but the truth is I knew this anyway. When the **** hit the fans, my answer to unwind is booze, food and cigarettes, in no order and preferably all at once in large quantities. They’re all vices and considered bad lifestyle choices - I smoke regularly but giving up when I find my vape which should be soon but don’t drink much and we know about eating right now. I feel like I’m only a whisper off snorting a few lines and asking someone to pass me the syringe. I would never go that far but how many vices can one person have? I ended up going to Waitrose to stock up on some cigarettes (which is my only available vice at the moment) and they didn’t have my brand so I ended up getting a black coffee as a kind of rebellion against all the crap (while walking through I had picked up rolls for OH and the bag split at the bottom and rolls went skidding across the floor as I managed to kick them as they fell - could anything else possibly go wrong was what my fraught mind was telling me). The coffee was a rebellion as I’d decided to quit coffee when I restarted the plan and only have it when the plan was over but only when it was going to be well made - not copious amounts of instant. So I’ve consumed that. Don’t even enjoy black coffee so don’t feel satisfied but there’s nothing I can do about that.

And breath.....not sure what I’m trying to say but I always knew I had/have an emotional connection with food. I probably always will. I don’t ever want to stop enjoying food. I want to learn when to offset the ‘damage’ and actually act in that. Amongst all my ramblings, if anyone thinks I’ve cheated today, don’t worry, I haven’t. I still have two packs to consume tonight so will make a start soon. Today is another achievement for me today that I haven’t broken due to circumstance. When off plan, it’s quite likely that I would have had one drink tonight and possibly enjoyed a take away. However, I need to discipline myself to redress the balance the next day. If the next day there is a planned evening out then I just make sure I sort it out at the next possible point and not let one day turn into ten or more. When at maintenance there will be times like this and I will need to be strong. I’m sure I will learn to live life this way and it will be far more enjoyable in the long-run.

When I was maintaining before my injury, I thought little about it and must have been doing it all naturally. I’m almost pleased the injury has sent me backwards because there was clearly something I needed to learn in real-terms and I feel this might slowly be sinking in meaning I won’t be back here again. I mean I may well stick around through maintenance and beyond but I don’t want to be back because I have to lose in the way I am now.

Wow, if you got to this point, well done! Have a great evening you lovely people 💕

Aagggh, my post is full of typos and grammar errors. I’m too tired to edit so I hope you all get the gist and that it makes sense. Going to watch a film now with OH and try to finish another litre along with a bar and then bed :)

So after a hellish week, I binned off the gym last night (with promises to go today instead) and slept from 19:30-06:30hrs - and only got up because we had an early start today. That didn’t help with my desire to go to the gym as once our errands were over, I came home and we both struggled to stay awake. My gym is only open until 17:00hrs on a Saturday and by the time I felt able to go, there was no time.

I have my double session tomorrow and intend to go. Another early night tonight and hopefully I’ll be more on it. I’m still having my three products plus eggs today even though I didn’t workout. I only had two packs yesterday and don’t feel at my usual strength. Hopefully not too critical but does go against what I had planned.

Looked at the scales this morning as I felt slimmer all over. 10st 9.6lbs. Pleased with that but hoping for 10st 8lbs on Monday and doubtful I will reach that. It’s not a diet-breaker situation, I’m just keen to get into my work suits again. As they’re above the knee skirts, it’s not just a matter of fitting into them, they need to hang right and my legs/chubby knees not give my weight away. Low end of 10st should do it and I’m so close. Another NSV; had an important meeting on Friday and really needed to wear a jacket to smarten up. I hesitantly tried on my go-to Moschinno jacket in a 12 and it fitted! It’s the largest of my smart clothes with most being Karen Millen which come up notoriously small. I won’t try those on until I’ve lost another 5-7lbs.

One thing I’ve been wondering is if (despite losing the battle with food) the 6 months going off the rails but still going to the gym for the most recent 3 (once my injury had repaired) has actually continued to increase my muscle mass - I seem to fit into things at this weight where I wouldn’t have done before. I know I don’t look great but pretty sure I’m smaller in general than I was at this weight on my way down last time. I have no proof of this so just a hunch.

I’m also wondering what to do about ‘crisps and balls week’. My fourth week falls w/c 18 June. At the end of that week I have a planned night off Exante (85% sure I will go off plan) so do I miss ‘crisps and balls week’ or do I do that and have the Saturday night off and then back to TS on the Sunday for another three weeks? Any thoughts would be appreciated. When I had my planned three days off I called that my AAM week but this will only be one night. Would that be enough to cancel out the AAM week given it will be nowhere near plan? I’m thinking it might be sufficient.

Hope you’re all having a good weekend and staying TS if that’s the plan :)

Ooooh, and that planned night off is a fancy dress murder mystery party. My gym instructor is the host (small thing she is) and she’s lending me an outfit of hers for the do - she’ll hand it over tomorrow when I go to her workouts. I reckon it’ll be too small but I will have something to try on over the next few weeks to see non-scale changes which I’m looking forward to. I won’t have the frustration associated with my work gear - this is why I don’t bother trying work stuff on when I know it probably won’t fit. Just hope the costume fits by the time we get to the party.

So I have two weeks until 23 June (am I right?). So after Monday’s WI result, I hope to lose a further 6lbs - that’s a high target but I’ll keep my fingers crossed.

That’s made me consider the end goal. July should see me through to at least the mid 9s and then I’m just chipping away to 9 stone dead or just under in August. Whether I stay on Exante for the last bit I don’t know. Also there will be a night out on 18 & 20 July and possibly a birthday party or two the following week so I may have quite a few days off stalling my loss over that period. I don’t think there’s anything planned between 24 June and 18 July :)

Sorry for another long post :D

So, weigh in tomorrow and another week down. Hoping for 10st 8lbs but if last week is anything to go by I will be up a bit from my Sunday sneak-peek. If this continues to happen then I can only put it down to the double training session I do on a Sunday. Nothing I’ll stop but may need to accept a 2lb weekly loss. I can handle that as long as there’s it’s all going in the right direction :)

Hope everyone has had a great weekend :)

I'm increasingly starting to think the scales probably aren't a helpful measurement for you, because of your gym workouts? I mean, if you're *losing* fat as well as *building* muscle I honestly think the scales are going to up, rather than down?

I mean, if if your body is a jar of sweets and fat is smarties and M&Ms are muscle, then even if you take out all the smarties but keep putting in M&Ms then ... the jar is going to weigh the same isn't it?

Err, sorry if this sounds like I'm being negative. I just don't want you to feel demoralised because the scales aren't moving the way you want as fast as you would want. Why don't you combine it with ... maybe measuring? Or something?

Anyway, I'm sending you all my good thoughts. And Murder Mystery parties are awesome :)

Back