Here comes the BOOM!

Well done so far on your journey. I am back on Exante after trying previously a couple of years ago. On my 3 week and weighed myself this morning and I have Lost 1 stone 1lb. Put a lot more weight on which I must get off now as I have a holiday coming up in August and also want to get weight off so I feel more confident about myself. I feel motivated now to stick to it. Enjoying the food. Just hired a treadmill and started to exercise a bit but its hard work with so much weight on at the moment but I will continue. Just walking on it at the moment but hope to eventually run. Don't feel hungry but do have odd times when I feel I want something so I drink more water when that happens and it helps.

Hi happiebee and thank you :)

You’ll shift loads by your holiday. Welcome back to Exante and to feeling better each day. Good luck with your journey :)

Just bought tickets for Jurassic World tonight. Wanted to see Hereditary but OH said some friends had seen it and it was pants. It’s rare to get a good horror these days so I agreed to leave that one for Netflix so we’ve ended up with 🦖

Can’t complain as haven’t been to the cinema in a while and it’ll be a nice fullstop to the hideous week at work that I’ve had :)

10st 11.6lbs. I’ll have to work out the true damage when I get a bit more time.

Was it worth it? No. I suffered terribly all night last night and I’m actually thinking I may not be able to get into work today due to an explosive stomach. It could be coincidence but I don’t think so. I just over indulged.

I’ve been thinking about 5:2 and even over the weekend while I was eating, I was considering my emotional reaction to 5:2 and if it’d be any different. I’m pretty damn sure it would be. This weekend everything had the typical “death row dinner” feel. I ate knowing I’d be back on Exante today. Had I been 5:2, everything is available. It’s just not always instant. I can see that working well with my mindset.

Anyhow, back in Exante for whatever period I decide is appropriate and until I feel it’s best to move to 5:2. I still feel the safety net with Exante and don’t want to make the switch just yet.

Have a good day all :)

After another ‘evacuation’ I have decided to forgo work. I also have stomach pains so couldn’t even sit at my desk.

Weighed again after and 10st 10.8lbs. If I carry on like this the extra will be gone by this evening - okay, I jest but my diet today will be mostly water unless I can stomach an Exante meal or three. I’ll see how it goes.

So that’s 6.2lbs of ‘damage’ which isn’t dissimilar to last time. Something tells me I shouldn’t set a goal but I go against my better judgement all the time and hoping for an 8-9lb loss to get me to around 10st 2lbs next Monday weigh in. Into the 9s would be too much to ask!

I also think my goal of around 9 stone is right as I would put on 4-7lbs when I return to normal eating and 9 stone 4lbs to 9 stone 7lbs is where I want to be :)

Thanks Darcy. It’s the only thing that stops me going to work. I’m off again today as I’m exhausted and don’t want any mishaps. Should be ready to get back to it tomorrow!

Weighed 10st 10.3lbs this morning. I didn’t weigh everyday the last time I had a weekend off plan so not sure if this is standard. I would have thought I’d have lost a chunk by now. I don’t believe for a second I ate enough to put on that weight in fat. The last two days of illness should have shifted something too but doesn’t seem to have. I was back on plan from yesterday so keeping that end of the bargain.

I’m going to continue to weigh every day to see how it pans out. I’m hoping next Monday still shows an overall loss.

I’m still considering 5:2 or even JUDDD and will possibly move to that once firmly in the normal category. I’m not putting a date on it for now and despite the elevated weight from the weekend, I’m content with how things are going. If I’m to move to one of the above plans then I’ll need to keep a level head over the ups and downs.

Have a good day lovelies :)

I plan to do 5:2 once I’m at target weight........think that will work nicely as a lifestyle choice ☺️

Have to get to target first though 🙄

Yes, it’s the getting to target part. If it weren’t for the gym I would plug away at VLCD for the entire time but I do feel I will suffer muscle loss if I stay on this WOE for too long while doing what I do. I can handle the last stone or less coming off slowly as the only people who know I’m not quite there are me and my hubby. That I can handle.

You’ll do well at 5:2 Darcy. I think most VLCDers would as we know the pain of prolonged restriction. One day here and there would be a doddle. Just need to maintain the right mindset and not stumble. It’s all a lot easier when we’re happy(ier) with what we see in the mirror :)

Glad you're feeling better, Bunny! Glad to hear you're back on plan!

*waves pompoms*

You are so close to goal!

Hehe thanks Casting! I actually feel miles from goal but for some reason I’m just not too fussed about it. Not in a ditching the diet kind of way, just a “meh” way.

My OH is talking about me getting surgery as soon as possible but obviously not before I’m at target. I’m eager for this too but worried about gym down time (unavoidable during recovery which is a lengthy three months - per surgery and I’ll be having three in total) and of course getting there. I want the last stone to be relaxed so I can establish a healthy mindset again - feeling pressured is just so wrong. He keeps reminding me that I’m not getting any younger and surgery isn’t good at the best of times so I need to crack on. He’s right but I also need to be sure it’s money (and risk) well spent. Dive-bombing my way there isn’t the right move imo.

Apologies, not sure where that waffle came from - next time I’ll just say thank you ☺️

Last edited:
10st 6.8lbs this morning. It’s getting there. I think 10st 4.8lbs was my lowest. So hoping for that by Friday then a weekend to shift a bit more for Monday’s weigh in.

Back to work today. Hope you all have a good one :)

10st 6.2lbs - TOTM arrived yesterday. Even after all these years I have no real idea of how it impacts on my weight, if at all. If it does have an influence, hopefully I’ll see further downward movements.

I managed two days of not smoking and forgot to mention it. Having another attempt tomorrow.

No workout until tomorrow. I’ve decided to do Body Pump so that at least I’m getting to all over workouts this week plus Body Balance. Better than nothing.

Have a great day all :)

I always find TOTM turns my body in a black hole for fat and water - in the sense of actively drawing fat and water from elsewhere in the universe towards itself. Boo!

Good luck :)

Goddamnit, Bunny. Is it possible to sync up over an internet forum. Because I just went to the bathroom and ... boom. TOTM outta nowhere.

PMSL at black hole.

Do you know what, I think there’s a good chance of that! At the very least, I’m sure VLCDs have made me more regular so if we all happen to coincide..... here comes the BOOM! 😵

Call me weak, call me impatient, call me Wussy Mcwusspants or call me all three. I’ve decided to start 4:3 this Sunday. My stomach hasn’t been right since I was ill - most likely a coincidence. I’m at the stage where I’m happy to lose slower and controlled and I have a genuine concern that my gym efforts could be slowed or at worst pointless. I’m feeling weak when I go and last Sunday when I was fuelled I was stronger than ever. Exante say to not do TS if BMI is below 30% and I’m at just over 25% so heading for ‘normal’.

Surgery is being planned for January 2019 (or the first stage anyway) so I need to be fit, strong, healthy and down to my correct weight by then. That means quitting smoking - two cigs left for tonight. This should give me sufficient time to lose the excess, continue to work on my lean mass and also learn how to eat for life as I’ll end up going to 5:2 (doubt I will ever be 6:1).

I have quite a few nights out coming up and I could be strong and stick to plan but I feel with all the above going on too, I just feel it’s a good opportunity to test out the lifelong commitment to this type of eating.

It’s scary and it’s going to be a learning curve. Worst of all, I’m going to see a gain in the short term.

I’m going to daily weigh - as I know I will do so what’s the point of fighting it? I’m going to **** myself initially but I hope after a month it will settle into a 0.5-1lb weekly loss.

I should really move to the JUDDD forum but no one is there. I asked a question the other day and no one has replied - there’s been a few views but that’s it. How would you all feel if I continued posting here? I wouldn’t post food menus. I only want to record my daily cals (I will monitor based on 500 down day and 2000 up day, initially, with freedom on planned nights out. I want to see where I need to adjust without making knee jerk reactions. I will record my measurements as I think this will be huge and Casting has already made the point that I should. I may even post body shots as another measure.

If you prefer I don’t then I may just move to the members diary section. You’re such a friendly, responsive bunch that I’d be reluctant to go anywhere but I know for sure that I’m going to need support as this is really the unknown for me and there are going to be stumbling blocks along the way.

I may want to return to Exante the week before my op to be at optimum low weight but I’ll see how that goes when I’m there.

As always, your thoughts are welcomed :)

Back