Here comes the BOOM!

Weighed this morning at 10st 8.8lbs - unsurprisingly creeping downwards.

Welcome back Casting! Sorry to read you’ve had a shitty week but awesome that you didn’t cave. Brownie points for you! And not the food variety ;) I will reply to your thread when I get some time but still struggling at work so just checking in really.

I can see your point on the muscle gain but I don’t think it happens that quickly and I’ve already built a lot already so just adding to it really. I’ve always questioned when dieters have started an exercise for a few days and then responses to only a small or no loss, or even a gain, is they’re building muscle. I don’t think this can realistically be the case. I think it’s more water retention as a result of the exercise which then depletes but builds again when exercising again. This is all of course open to debate :) I considered changing to Sunday weigh in but in the grand scheme of things, it will all fluctuate and come off eventually anyway, it won’t make a difference. On the measuring, I’m not sure where I posted it but my body is odd in that I never get consistency in measurements and that they can fluctuate hugely - more so than my weight. I almost find it depressing, and more so than a small loss or STS. I suppose for now I just carry on as normal and just be happy it’s coming off. I’ll try and remember to get that outfit on tonight which should give me some indication of losses over the next couple of weeks - and also maybe a pair of jeans. Dreading that as I will probably break nails trying to get them on but at least I can pick one item of clothing to measure by throughout the whole process and then I will know for sure.

Thanks for giving me the idea - I really could do with an added boost along the way and my jacket did fit this week so.......

Off to the gym soon. Chest and triceps. Have a good one! :)

Posting in Casting’s thread has given me another idea. I’d like to post pics of me before and after (previously) so I have something to measure against. My issue is anonymity. I’d naturally chop my head off but anyone who knows me would still recognise me. I’ve been debating asking to move my thread to the members section due to content and now maybe because of this but then I’d worry I’d lose touch with you guys. Decisions, decisions. I’ll have a think :) Maybe there’s a locked down pics section? I’m not that familiar with this site and using my phone is limiting.

Hhmmmmm.

Everyone who has maintained successfully usually gives themselves about a half a stone worth of 'fluctuating' so I think it's pretty normal - if a little bit annoying to keep track of. So when you get down to your ideal healthy size (or weight) it makes sense to me not to worry too much about ups and downs as long as the up doesn't creep up and up and up on you.

I do think having an outfit would be really helpful (and a treat!) though because as your shape changed you'd be able to tell by how the outfit,, err, fit and that would be super encouraging even if the scales weren't moving or your couldn't yourself see any visible change.

I have a photo collection for myself - as in every three weeks or so I stand in front of the mirror in the work loos under the worst lighting in the world and take a dreadful pic. It's always a dreadful pic but the I get smaller and dreadful as the weeks go by. In terms of sharing, you could upload them to a password protected photosharing site (like photobucket) and put your password in your diary here. Which would mean that someone would have to be spontaneously reading this diary and enter the password to see your photos - which would massively reduce anyone you know from randomly stumbling over it.

Okay, so here’s the schnizzle. The fancy dress thingy fits but could definitely look better. It’s auite forgiving fabric thankfully but still shows a few bumps I’d prefer it didn’t. That may still be the case in a couple of weeks time but I’m not horrified and I wasn’t standing in front of the mirror with my head in and arms above my head crying in anguish because I’m stuck - true story from a top shop changing room with an empire line dress, some time back in 1992!

The jeans. Size 36 whatever that means. Stretchy so not the best guide but they are my favourite most worn pair. I have a pair of Ralph Lauren’s that I never got into which I could use when getting from 9st 7lbs to 9 stone but I think my excess skin will always prevent those from fitting until I get it removed. So back to the fit. Got them on and done up but I would never wear them like that. I had more than a muffin top going on - I was almost cut in half and I didn’t try to sit down, that wouldn’t have been comfortable. I also had that slight issue of penguin crutch where the jeans weren’t quite meeting my.... ya know.....and so yeah. Happy to have found a form of measure I can work with. I’ll try them on again in a week or so :)

Just as a final reminder for myself really. I weighed at the gym after my workout and fully clothed. Scales said 11st 01lbs which considering post workout, clothes and a days food and water, not bad. I think it was in the mid 11s last time I tried that stunt.

Now for some time to catch up on diaries :)

Crossed posts Casting! I might just try that password protect thing but when I have more energy and time to dedicate to it. Certainly a way forward :)

Heh, work toilets. The. Worst. Lighting. Evaaaar. What a great momento of your loss(es) :)

Last edited:
Weighed 10st 8lbs this morning. Thinking ahead to what I now plan to be two days off next weekend in lieu of AAM week since I’m out for one of those days anyway - I reckon I’ll sit around 10st 5lbs by the end of June. Any less and I’ll be well chuffed :)

No gym for me tonight as I have an appointment this evening. Hope you all have a great evening :)

10st 7lbs this morning. I’m doing legs at the gym tonight so will be interesting to see what my weight does tomorrow.

Have a good day all :)

Thanks to you both :)

As boring as this may be to read, a constant daily run down of weight, this morning I settled at 10st 6.8lbs. This leads me to think that it’s the long session I do on a Sunday that has the impact. My sessions in the week are heavy weight, an hour at most and with rest periods. Sunday is two hours solid because they’re classes.

I’ve decided that definitely next weekend will be two days off plan in lieu of AAM week. Back on plan on the Monday.

Enjoy your Friday :)

For the first time so far in this diet, I drooled over an M&S ad for burgers and felt slightly sorry for myself.

I didn’t waiver but I don’t like this side of my character, in that I love food that much that it can bring me to feel low at the thought of being (temporarily) deprived. Thin people who have always been thin probably wouldn’t think twice - but then I guess I got here for a reason.

I started noting post diet ideas. I’m quite keen to see if 4:3 would work. My average weekly calorie expenditure is 14000 to 16000. If restricted Monday to Thursday to 1000 calories which is easy for me to do even with exercise - I’ve proved I can do it on less fuel - that leaves me with plenty of calories for Friday to Sunday to not worry about counting but it’s important I don’t binge eat. If I’m slim and otherwise happy and steady, that shouldn’t be an issue.

I have also purchased Jamie Oliver’s Five Ingredients book. For those who don’t know, all recipes contain only five ingredients and take 5-10 mins to prep and in some cases complete - some have oven time but that’s okay. All cals are noted and it’s easier to budget as you can choose recipes at the beginning of the week and only buy what’s needed. No wastage. I’m looking forward to trying it when I’m off this and should work well with the 1000 calorie days.

I hope I can get my mind off food. Not because I will cave in but just because it makes this more of an uphill struggle than it needs to be.

Have a great evening all :)

10st 6.0lbs this morning. Looking at patterns, I reckon I will weigh in at 10st 7lbs ish on Monday.

House cleaning to do today which I am putting off and putting off but it has to be done eventually. No gym today so that will be only calorie burn. Saturdays can be as low as 1650.

Quitting smoking today. Wish me luck! I wanted to do it during a strict diet as it’s too easy to pick at extra food if eating a standard diet. Hopefully this way I will avoid the snacking that often comes with quitting. It won’t be cold turkey, I have lozenges and a vape but it’s a step forward for me :)

Have a wicked Saturday people :)

Good luck with smoking cessation........think of the health benefits ☺️

Not to gloat....well, ok maybe a bit......but I’ve just finished all my housework and laundry 😆

Onwards and downwards 😀

So 10st 6.4lbs this morning and I think my water theory is correct it at least something about the exercise is impacting.

Yesterday I had a funny day and only managed to consume 337 calories, despite burning nearly 500 at the gym. Certainly didn’t go as planned and wasn’t done on purpose. In any case, had that been a non gym day, the scales would have read artificially low the next morning. This mornings weight, while still lower than I was expecting was no where near as low given the little food I ate.

I have the gym again tonight and I will most certainly be eating back my calories in protein form to try and counteract yesterday’s under-eating. So frustrating that happened.

Looking forward to my planned weekend off.

Hope you all had awesome weekends :)

Evening all

Today has been a weird day. So I got about four hours sleep last night and decided to move gym night from tonight to tomorrow. Already VLCD and doesn’t go well with tiredness as well. I also had some knee twinges on Sunday and today and I now have injury fears so back off more quickly than I would have done in the past.

I need to pick your brains. So 337 calories yesterday all day plus 440 cals plus in exercise. Then today, no exercise but tried to balance the cals out as I didn’t want to go into ridiculous deficit. I’m not sure what I should have done in all honesty but what I have done is eaten 3 meal packs, two snack packs (BBQ chips and peanut caramel balls are an absolute yes!) and four eggs. So I’ve consumed 1191 today plus 337 from yesterday. So averaging 764 for both days or 544 if accounting for yesterday’s gym training. I know the ultimate answer is not to sweat it either way but I genuinely didn’t know what to do for the best. I could have ignored yesterday’s balls up in extra low cals but so worried about pushing it too far and damaging my metabolism.

Today’s weigh in was 10st 5.6lbs. I have just under 6lbs to get into healthy BMI territory then it’s a matter of losing a stone to hopefully finally settle at 9st 7lbs when reintroducing proper eating. The huge deficit yesterday has started me worrying about undereating and counteracting all the good work I’m doing training. I think all I can do is have my planned weekend off. Continue for another three weeks and then review at the point of AAM week which will be around then, or carry on until 20 July when I have an evening out. If I’ve managed to get to 9 stone something, I’m inclined to go 3:4 then 4:3 and finally 5:2 for life.

Any thoughts? I understand I’m probably boring you all covering the same ground all the time (sorry) but I feel like I’m at the point where I need to make the right decision - and that there is a wrong one!

My partner has said I should definitely go for surgery as soon as possible. I just don’t want to enter permanent starvation to get there - I wouldn’t have surgery until I’m slightly under my goal or else it will be a waste of time and it’s an awful lot of money. I’ve seen people be quite successful chipping away at the final stone with 5:2 - I’ve never tried it so have no idea if I would be equally successful. I have time to make a decision but yeah, would love to hear your thoughts :)

Last edited:
Getting there, thank you Darcy :)

10st 5.6lbs this morning. Gym last night and for the next two nights so I think I’ll probably stabilise around that number and obviously Monday will see a huge gain from water over the weekends eating. I’m quite relaxed about it though and know it will come off quickly and the worst case is I will lose a week to a STS but that’s not a problem.

I’m officially back into my work suits/skirts so major NSV for me this week :)

Have a good one!

10st 5.2lbs this morning. I looked back and last time I put 6lbs on over my planned weekend off. So I imagine to see the same or similar on Monday. I will no doubt weigh tomorrow but it’s been quite static this week. Last time I ended up losing 9.6lbs the following week so there’s a small chance I’ll average a 1.5lbs loss over the two weeks with the break. It could go horribly wrong but I’ll take it on the chin.

Have a good day all :)

10st 4.8lbs today. That’ll be the lowest number I see for a couple of weeks as off plan now until Monday. Going by previous experience (which is no means a guarantee) I’m hoping for 10st 2lbs by my first weigh in in July. Fingers crossed.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend :)

Back