Here comes the BOOM!

Oh and weigh ins will be Fridays. Down days will be non training days, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. They’ll only shift if my training does (unless I think I can handle training without) or if I’m going to an event.

They say no two down days in a row but I think sometimes that will be unavoidable as I don’t immediately want to be dropping to 5:2 unless it’s clear I can do that. Some people say three down days has no additional impact but I want to test that for myself first, as well as easing back into eating.

If at any time I feel I’m not ready for it / I will revert to the comfort zone which is Exante but I prefer not :)

Sorry for all the rambling folks. Enjoy your evenings :)

Sounds like you have given this an incredible amount of thought, and your plan sounds perfect 😊

Please do continue to post here.......there aren’t many people around any more, and I need all the support I can get as my journey is going to be a long one ☺️

Take care xx

Thanks Darcy :)

10st 5.2lbs. Didn’t sleep much due to slight apprehension and also planning (but without writing down so now most likely forgotten).

Quit smoking again today. I’m trying to downplay it in my mind :)

Have a good day folks!

Noooooooo, Bunny, don't go, stay with us! *clings*

Ahem. I mean, obviously do whatever makes you feel most comfortable and supported. But, yes, you should stay with us.

*is shameless*

Also I don't think it's wussy *at all* to move away from TS into a longer-term, more flexible weight plan - and I really don't think you should characterise this decision to yourself as weakness or giving up or failing the plan. VLCDs work better the, err, the worse state you're in because exercising and being sensible just often isn't an option when you're medically obese. You are very close to a healthy weight, you're exercising, you're taking care of yourself.

Of course, I think people must always make decisions for themselves but you've seen what I'm like around here. If I think something is a bad plan, I'll damn well say it's a bad plan. I really really do not think this is a bad plan for you.

Well, since at least two of you don’t I’ll take that as approved :D Yay, so glad you don’t mind me staying.

I found a couple of inspirational pics from when I was probably 9st 5lbs. So I need to lose at least a stone and as I’ve been considering the surgery, probably the other 5lbs.

I also took a pic in the toilets - classy I know but if I want your opinions on whether JUDDD is working for me, I’m going to need comparisons and I don’t want to forget a start pic and regret it.

I was dressed smartly during the week but just couldn’t be arsed today. The pic has proved that I should make an effort as I look like a dog’s dinner. Some bumps are there because I have excess skin. Some are because of fat if you compare the lowest weight pics where there’s just skin bulges. I do want my muscular back to return and the definition in my arms - I have loose skin but you can still see an athlete emerging! It’s amazing what only a stone will hide.

I tried to find pics at my highest weight but I changed phones and the old pics aren’t on here. Just imagine, I’m short and I looked like a barrel.

Measurements and “starting weight” will be posted on Sunday morning :)

Attachments

• 48377AAA-F5F0-425F-962D-AA729B2D4773.jpeg
    48377AAA-F5F0-425F-962D-AA729B2D4773.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 16
  • 2759D7E9-745F-484F-849A-FFF2017816CB.jpeg
    2759D7E9-745F-484F-849A-FFF2017816CB.jpeg
    46.3 KB · Views: 17
  • A36A5B49-EB97-4D59-B517-8D239037EF1B.jpeg
    A36A5B49-EB97-4D59-B517-8D239037EF1B.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 402E9356-72AC-4305-ABFF-9A1868AAD905.jpeg
    402E9356-72AC-4305-ABFF-9A1868AAD905.jpeg
    189.4 KB · Views: 15
10st 5.2lbs. Without checking, I think that’s the same as yesterday. Still have my period and not had a bowel movement for a couple of days. Not too concerned as i will see a gain in the next couple of weeks and if I’m artificially low, it’ll make the gain feel worse.

Off to work today (unusually) so I’ll catch up with diaries then. Although I’ve been around so much lately I’m probably all caught up and some already :)

Have a good day all :)

I’ve got a full on day tomorrow so won’t have time to do weight and measurements in the morning - so posting now as part of my official JUDDD starting point detail. Detail just autocorrected to derail - should I be worried?!

Weight- 145.2lbs
Waist 87cm
Hips 102.5cm
Bust 89cm
Upper arm left 33.5cm
Upper arm right 32.5cm
Thigh left 60cm
Thigh right 59.5cm

Already dubious about measurements. Went to double check waist and had 89cm notes. Then went to 83cm. Settled at 87cm pfffft. Who knows?!

Enjoy the sunshine peeps :)

Omg, bad autocorrect!

Just wanted to say, you're looking really good Bunny. I know you're not at your ideal weight/shape at the moment but you are definitely so far from a barrel it is hard to imagine you ever were one. I know you don't want to rest on our dieting laurels but you do deserve a big cheer for the work you've already done.

Also, your ink is amazing!

Thanks Casting! OH thinks I should get something on my other arm. I’m not so sure - something to think about. Adding to my back first.

So 10st 10.4lbs this morning. That’s after havibg Saturday (unintentionally) as an up day and not counting calories on either. It’s a standard increase for me in terms of glycogen. The first two weeks I won’t be worrying too much about weight but will still report it. If I weigh 10st 9.4lbs on Friday then technically I will have lost a pound as I have to accept that a non low carb diet will always see the increase. If I’m any lower, that would be great and any higher, well, I’m half expecting a gain until I settle into this.

Today I have properly measured out my food for the day and will confirm calories in/out tomorrow with my weight. Tomorrow will be my first DD. I’m actually aiming for zero calories knowing that I will end up having up to 500. It will at least make me avoid food for as long as possible and I can always remind myself that it’s only a day. I have decided to not use Exante products as I will only be able to have two and I need to change how I approach things and that will have too many memories for me if that makes sense? I have added a bar in for today as my protein levels have been shocking the last couple of days!

I hope everyone has a great day :)

10st 11.2lbs this morning so the bouncing has started. Didn’t expect to be anymore than yesterday’s weight - how naive of me :D

Fast day for me today and as easy as I’ve found VLCD I don’t think I’m going to find this as easy. I’m aiming for as few cals as possible and reserved a WW soup for 15:00hrs and chicken and vegetables for dinner. Totals about 320 cals. If it’s really bad then on Thursday I will go down the trusty egg route and maybe some ham or chicken.

2090 cals in yesterday
2126 burned

Work is really quiet at the moment so I’m not running around as much. I’m more used to 2500 burned. Could also be the giving up smoking and my heart rate calming down. Need to consider just moving more in general but will have to be w conscious decision - that it more gym sessions. I’ve ordered 30 day shred - third time I’ve bought that DVD - never actually tried it but keep losing it. I might add a session of that at home when not at the gym if I need a burn boost. I want to hit a 2k burn everyday ideally - for life.

Have a fab day all :)

This is slightly different to Exante. It’s diciplined but different. I’ve literally only just eaten something. Really, it was because I was busy at work. I note boredom eating could very much still factor.

I do still eventually hope to do proper fasts but we will see. I now have an hour or so of running around doing household tasks and looking after my son. Once he’s in bed I’ll have something else light and then off to bed. That will be my first fast day completed. I will report weight and today’s cals in/out tomorrow morning :)

Have a lovely evening folks :)

10st 8.2lbs. So a loss of 3lbs as a result of a DD. I have a UD today, DD tomorrow and then official weigh in Friday morning.

396 cals in
2005 cals burned (2k by the skin of my teeth :D)

Have a fab day all :)

So after a UD I am 10st 7.4lbs this morning. Yup, slightly surprised to have gone down. Hopefully it doesn’t mean I’ll go up after my DD today as it’s the first official weigh in tomorrow.

Cals in 2039
Cals out 2262

I’ve been trying to figure if I should do two or three DD per week. I would definitely have to exercise an additional day if I do that and I suppose if i dont, just have an additional DD and keep it flexible. Tons of reasons why I’m asking this question. I expect to lose 1lb a week. Currently my in/out would allow for a loss of 1.5lbs or for an excessive up day or two and still lose 1lb. If I dropped to 5:2 but added another day’s exercise, I would in/out to lose a lb. No room for being excess (in theory) but I have heard from so many people that adding a third DD doesn’t do much for them in terms of weight loss There’s definitely going to be some experimenting done here. Watch this space.

Have a good one :)

Last edited:
So after a UD I am 10st 7.4lbs this morning. Yup, slightly surprised to have gone down. Hopefully it doesn’t mean I’ll go up after my DD today as it’s the first official weigh in tomorrow.

Cals in 2039
Cals out 2262

I’ve been trying to figure if I should do two or three DD per week. I would definitely have to exercise an additional day if I do that and I suppose if i dont, just have an additional DD and keep it flexible. Tons of reasons why I’m asking this question. I expect to lose 1lb a week. Currently my in/out would allow for a loss of 1.5lbs or for an excessive up day or two and still lose 1lb. If I dropped to 5:2 but added another day’s exercise, I would in/out to lose a lb. No room for being excess (in theory) but I have heard from so many people that adding a third DD doesn’t do much for them in terms of weight loss There’s definitely going to be some experimenting done here. Watch this space.

Have a good one :)
Well done, Bunny! So pleased how this is working for you and lovely to see your strategy. Remind me again, as I cannot find the post - whats UD and DD?

Apologies, nevermind - found it. Up days and Down days

Thanks alecto and yeahup day, down day. I shouldn’t really use abbreviations and slang from another diet/forum. I’ve read so much recently that I forget where I am :)

Got on the scales tonight because, we’ll, why not? Two litres of water and 4 black coffees apparently weigh 2lbs. Or my UD is catching up with me. Looking forward to my official log tomorrow so I can start the real analysis and hopefully downward trend!

Have an awesome evening everyone :)

So official weigh in is 10st 6.6lbs. I was 10st 5.2lbs on ending Exante and on Monday I was 10st 11.2lbs.

So that’s either a loss of 4.6lbs or a gain of 1.4lbs. Depends how you view it. I think I’m going with a loss as I’m on normal food and my glycogen stores will have returned. As there’s no (planned) end to this WOE, I shouldn’t see that 6lb rise and don’t need to take account for it when reaching goal :)

Cals in 387
Cals out 2206

UD today. I’ve actually been entering all my intake into Fitbit in advance so I know what I’m having. The idea was to not calorie count on UDs but my worry would be that I gain and start back at square one. I need some sort of control. Once I get used to portions (I do know a lot about nutrition and calories etc but wow, coleslaw, may as well not bother with that) I may relax a bit as the whole point is this is for life and I don’t want to ruin the freedom it offers. I do have a surgery timeline which I mustn’t forget.

I’m so interested to compare official weigh ins for my first month. I should have a better idea of what the short term plan is (4:3 or 5:2) and hopefully be edging my weight to what I weighed last summer :)

I’m doing 5:2 this week - I’ve decided.

Have a fab Friday all :)

This is really interesting and I’m glad you’ll keep posting here.

Well done on getting into the swing of your new routine - fingers crossed for you. You look great.

I like reading about what you're doing now as it will help me when I get to the same stage as you. Still months to go before then but always good to prepare right?

Goodness, I am out of date. Lots has been happening, Gymbunny! Sounds like you've been doing everything really carefully and thoughtfully.

As for staying on this section, I am completely in support of that too, even if I'm not as active on here as I used to be. I think the only rule about food talk was that it's banned in the Total Solution section, but you're posting in the Exante Diary section, so I think you're fine as far as I can tell.

I hadn't heard of JUDD, so this is all very interesting to learn about!

Back