Here goes....time to get my groove back!

Well I had a lovely afternoon to myself. I ate my baked potato with beans and cheese in peace and quiet. There was no screaming or having a tantrum during it. It was lovely.

Oops, pressed enter too soon. I then had a lovely look around the shops that I wanted to and even got a couple of Xmas presses. Then I came home and it all went wrong! I had put my chicken in the slow cooker at 9 this morning so that it'd be ready for me coming home, I had instructed hubby to put the potatoes that I'd prepared earlier in the oven so that when I got home all I'd have to do was turn it on. So I went to lift the chicken out the slow cooker and that was when I realised that it wasn't cooked!! My slow cooker was definitely on and on the low setting so I've no idea what happened. It was slightly warm to touch but definitely not cooked. :( Everything else was ready for dinner. The potatoes and veg were done, but luckily I had some breaded chicken fillets in the fridge so I popped them in the oven for the boys and hubby and I heated up some of mushy pea curry that I'd made the other day. So, not quite the Sunday dinner I'd planned and a rather unconventional one it was but it was yummy. It also meant that I haven't used my B choices so I've just devoured two aldi benefit bars and have another B choice to use up later!

No syns used as yet today either and I bought a box of the frosted fancies (thanks Missy for telling me what they were) ;) So, I'm going to have one of those later with a mug of green tea. Might have a wee packet of crisps for 3.5syns too or just save them for another day, depending on how hungry I am.

Update on today's food

Banana and pear when I first got up

Breakfast
Fat free yogurt with summer berries and sweetner

Lunch
Baked potato, baked beans and cheese (HEA x 2)

Dinner
Roast potaoes done in fry light, brocolli and mushy pea curry

Snacks
4 ryvita crackerbread (HEB), choc philly (5.5 syns) topped with banana
2 Aldi benefit bars (HEB)
Packet of Tayto Whisps (4.5syns)

Syns for today: 10 :D

Off to bed now, it's been a long but mostly enjoyable day :zz:

Glad you had a good day hun. Sleep well and I hope monkey doesn't wake you up too early!

Thanks Fran. Did you see that I posted a picture of the mushroom loaf for you? Hope you've had a good day too :)

Lol I like the "experiments" bit - I remember once doing a massive pan of broth, I decided for quickness Id throw it in the pressure cooker, it was full to the brim, nowhere for the liquid to go really. Sitting in the living room I heard an almighty noise, the lid was on the floor and the broth was on the ceiling lol I had carrots and leeks dripping all over - the best of it was I had only just had my kitchen fitted and decorated the week before. Hubby wasnt a happy bunny lol

haha this made me laugh out loud...

i once set a baguette on fire in the microwave at 3 in the morning at uni and set fire alarm off and all the students had to get up.... considering i was 2stone heavier than i am now.... they were def judging me ... can laugh about it now :)

Hehe babytreetrunk and texty f. Both of those stories made me LOL. I too have had my fair share of kitchen nightmares. Mine are normally based around my forgetfulness and I end up setting off the smoke alarm when I've forgot I put something on to cook!! The amount of pots n pans I've had to throw out is shameful!! Lol.

Lol i laugh about it now but wasnt funny at the time - I dont think OH spoke to me for a week lol all the money he had just forked out for new kitchen

No, I can imagine he wouldn't have been best pleased! My hubby would probably still not be talking to me now!!! ;)

Oooh, it's been snowing here since lastnight so there's quite a covering on the ground. As much as I find snow a pain for driving etc, it's so pretty to look at and my boys were sooo excited to see it. Big bear asked if that meant it was Christmas now!! Bless him :)

Hehe Fran, well it ended up raining all afternoon so we ended up having a sofa day with some dvds instead, so no body magic but equally as enjoyable :D

Had a good day foodwise, will be back on later to report on it. Plus, i'm working tomorrow so need to get the mammoth amount of food ready for my 12 hour shift!! How's your day been? xx

Ended up having a nice wee day in the house with my boys. Big bear was desperate to go out and build a snowman but the rain put paid to that! :rolleyes: We watched a few DVDs instead and I had a lovely wee doze on the couch while they were engrossed in Arthur Christmas. Lovely! :D

Now onto today's food. I'm really pleased with my efforts this week as I've managed to stay 100% on plan all week so fingers crossed for a good result on the scales on Wednesday. Anyway, here's what I munched on today:

Breakfast
Banana, 2 satsumas, followed by 2 fried eggs, beans and 2 slices of wholemeal toast (HEB)

Lunch
Homemade lentil soup, muller light yogurt

Dinner
Small bowl minestrone soup
2 quorn BBQ fillets, with syn free BBQ sauce, topped with cheese (2 x HEA) served with potato wedges. Oh it was very very yummy and tasted very naughty!!

Snacks
2 aldi benefit bars (HEB)
Curly Wurly (6 syns)
Tayto whisps (4.5syns)

Thats me done for the day. I've got all my food prepared for work tomorrow and I'm having a wee early night. These early starts sure do catch up with you.

Back