Here goes....time to get my groove back!

Ah good luck hun. You aren't alone. I gained 5.5lbs Xmas week, felt sick the whole time, and tired, turned out it was my blood sugars fluctuating like mad and I'm now covered in spots. Why we do it I don't know, but we do. We can bounce back too. I'm aiming for a 100% January, you can join us to and kick that december gain :)

Well, I have done the necessary shameful updating of my signature to update my progress over the last 4 weeks!!! Yes, that's right, i've put on an astounding 11.5lbs in the last 4 weeks :sign0007: To say i'm disappointed in myself if a massive understatement. I've been feeling really unwell and been stuck in the house on my own most of the time, and that can only lead to bad things (which, quite clearly it did!!) :(

I've basically been eating myself into oblivion which is what I tend to do when i'm A: alone and B: ill. I faced the scales yesterday and it showed a 1.5lb gain, which quite frankly is a miracle as I can't even go into what I've eaten this week as I'd probably get banned from this site!!! But the week before I'd gained a totally justified 6lbs!!! :d'oh:

Soooooooooo, today I'm attempting to start afresh and have a nice big loss for next week. Now, the reason I say i'm attempting it is because my hubby is still off work, and even though he's very, very supportive in my weight loss, I always find sticking to the plan much harder when he's around. :rolleyes: But try I will and I reckon if I can have a good day today then it will set me up for the rest of the week.

I must say that whilst I was eating all the junk that I was shovelling into my gob, I really didn't enjoy it and think that it has probably contributed to it taking longer to getting me back to full health as i'm still not there yet!! Planning on making some lovely homemade soup to snack on and i'll be back later to update on the days events!!

Wish me luck!!!!!!!!!

Good luck for getting back on track! We're all behind you but you know what to do and you'll be fine. Eating healthy is so much more fun too! ;) xxx

Thank you lovelies.

Well I'm afraid to say I'm still messing around with naughty food BUT I went shopping today and my kitchen looks like a liming world emporium now so I'm going to have one last non SW meal tonight of chicken fajitas (my absolute favourite) then from tomorrow it'll be SW all the way.

I can't wait :)

Thanks Fran. I am certain that from tomorrow I will be back on track but I know where to come if I need a good kick! ;-)

My next weigh in is on Wednesday but I might not go as I don't know if I can face another gain on the scales and it would be lovely to go back next week and see a loss for a change!!

I've got two hours to myself tomorrow morning so I'm planning on batch cooking a few things to get me started.

Welcome back Tooty and good luck for the week ahead. I personally would face WI get it over with, your scales may be wrong and you may get a surprise ( i know your expecting a gain but it may not be as bad as you think)

Once you have been weighed you know what the next weeks challenge is :D and were right behind you - its a race to see whos boot gets to ur bum first I take a size 8 dont know about Fran lol x

7s, I'm a 6.5 which you don't get in England, yes my feet have shrunk. Maybe I'll sit on her if the kick up the bum doesn't work. tee hee. I fully expect kicking from you ladies if/when I start arsing around by the way!

I agree with Texty for three reasons:
1. last week I expected a 2-3lb gain and got a 1lb loss. That got me very excited for this week
2. If you do gain, and don't go to WI, then have a really good week this week, but it only shows a 0,5 or 1lb loss next week you might feel more deflated than, for example +1.5 then a -2.5 after a 2.5 loss you will be more likely to be more enthusiastic for the next week than thinking "well it is punishment for the week before, I only deserve 0.5lbs, what's this twirl doing in my mouth?"
3. Just after class is when we feel our most enthusiastic (gain or loss), missing a week means you will miss that hit, and it's a lot harder to drag on from the last one.

That's how it'd be for me anyhow.

What are you planning on cooking?

Well ladies, it's good to know I can rely on you both to kick me into gear when I slip up. Thanks for that ;-)

Today started off good, I had Dorset muesli with yogurt for breakfast then when I dropped my boy off at nursery I took advantage of my mil having my little bear overnight and I went for a wee nap for 2 hours. When I got up I picked my boy up and came home for lunch. I made pasta with mushrooms and half a tub of low low cheese. All going well so far......then it all went wrong....horribly wrong!!

I met my friend and we went to the library with our boys then I got a call from my mil to go and pick up little bear so I dropped my friend off then went to the shop to get some juice and I picked up a pack of four mars bars and four twixes as they were a pound each and as I was driving to get Roo I just opened the mars bars and ate them. All four of them!!! I don't even know why I did it. I think I just thought that I don't get weighed till tomorrow and I know I've put on so it wouldn't hurt but this is a major problem of mine. I just cant control what I put in my mouth sometimes. Now eating those all at once would make most people feel quite sick but not me. It didn't do anything to me :-(

So, get your steel toe capped boots on ladies as I definitely need a good kick!!

I've decided after reading what you texty and fran said, that I will get weighed tomorrow as I think it's the only thing that will help me.

Off to bed feeling very deflated and disappointed in myself.

We've all done it (well i have!) I hate the guilt but hold onto it. Remember how you feel right now? Next time you feel yourself getting 4 Mars bars stop and think how you feel now. It's not worth it. That pleasure from eating them IS amazing but how you feel afterwards? Just not worth it in my book. I have done what you have more times than i care to recall. With Mars Bars, pizza, ice cream, Galaxy, Doritos etc etc... but the shitty feeling afterwards has become too much.

Tomorrow is a new day, a fresh start. You can and will do this :bighug:

Tooty!!!!!! dont make me drive all the way up to Glasgow to kick ur butt ive got a bad back lol. Tomorrow (or today by the time you read this) is a new day, you are due WI, so do it and start a new week as you mean to go on. Plan plan plan and get back to writing your diary on here. Myself and Fran will support you - but only you can do this for you hun. Its hard sometimes but think of the end result - 1 day at a time you will get there, think small goals i.e your next 1/2 stone- thats only 7lbs you can do it.

Stay strong me dear and lets see more of those smiley faces on your profile x

ok well one the day if over and we can't change the past. We can, however learn from it :) Such as not buying things just because they are £1, because then you will be spending £15 at group getting the lbs they put on back off ;) This was how I got through the Easter egg deals, I knew I'd just scoff them. My C always asks us THINK who it is you are REALLY buying the treats for. Are you kidding yourself saying they are for the kids? They're not going to eat 4 chocolate bars each, in one sitting (you'd probably never let them!).

Another thing to be aware of is a "SOD IT!" attitude, the very same one I have. "well if I'm going to gain I might as well eat everything I want!" Making a note of how you feel post mars-bar-gate and keeping it handy, along side a note of a short term goal. and when you find a binge coming on whip them out, or keep them somewhere visible, to help you keep your focus.

Today I did some binge prevention because I have treat size maltesers which just makes me want to eat 20 bags, seriously, 11 of them is NO GOOD and it gets me WANTING them. So I have moved them out of my SW bag and into my son's treat box.

Mostly don't beat yourself up hun, we have all been there. How else do you think I realised the things above? Make sure you pick up some paper food diaries at group tomorrow and do a "first week" week :) taking it a day at a time and aiming for 100%, and if you go a bit wrong it is just one day, and if you ate like I did, still a big improvement on the previous week. I'm doing the 100% January challenge to give myself a kick up the bum, it's never too late to join in, and you just count the days you were 100% and ignore the ones you weren't :)

Thank you all so much for your messages of encouragement and support. :thankyou: It really does mean a lot to have support on here and I'm really hoping I can get my head back into gear this week. I am going to weigh in today, not sure yet if i'll go this morning or tonight but I will definitely go as you are right that the only way I will move forward is to know where I am starting at today.

This morning I am still feeling guilty and ashamed about eating the chocolate bars yesterday. I am also really angry with myself. I was feeling fine and my mood was good so it wasn't emotional eating, it was just pure greed :ashamed0005:

Today just absolutely has to be a good day and I must stick to the plan. I didn't do my cooking yesterday as I was so tired I went to bed for a few hours so I am going to do it today so that I'm organised for the week ahead. I've got lots of stuff in the freezer to use up and there's plenty of fruit and yogurts in my kitchen so I'm well prepared for a good week. It's just my head that I need to sort out!!

Off to have some museli and yogurt just now. :)

Well, today is going good so far i'm pleased to say. I'm feeling confident that I will have a 100% day on plan :D

So far I have had

Breakfast: 35g Dorset Cereals Simply Delicious Muesli (HEB) with fat free greek yogurt and a little sweetner, followed by a banana

Snack: 2 satsumas, an apple

Lunch: 2 Linda McCartney rosemary and red onion sausages, 2 eggs done in fry light, beans

Thats it so far. I'm going to have macaroni cheese for dinner using my 2 HEA choices of reduced fat cheese. I'll have this after weigh in tonight and this afternoon i'll probably have a couple of hifi light bars for my other HEB choice.

I know the scales will show a gain tonight but that's okay. I'll deal with it then have a fabulous 'first week' after that!

So, an update on today....

Mid afternoon I had 2 hifi light bars (HEB)

Pre weigh in: Sweet n sour mugshot

Dinner (post weigh in): Macaroni cheese....macaroni pasta, with 2 x HEA reduced fat cheese mixed in it, topped with brown sauce (2 syns)

Packet of Whisps: 4.5 syns

Syns for the day: 6.5. Woo Hoo!!!!!

Last edited:
Glad your back on track hun, those naughty Mars bars tempting you.

Have you planned for next weeks food? x

Thanks Pickle. I'm afraid I haven't planned my meals. It's one thing i'm quite bad at doing but normally as long as I've got plenty of sw friendly food in the house I normally am okay.

The one thing I need to do is to try to vary my meals and my healthy extras as I tend to stick to the same things everyday.

Hi Tooty jst bm readin ur diary. Hope u dont mind me jumping in. We all have days where things jst dont go the way we want - especially foodwise. My last 3-4 months i have done nothin but eat & gained back all my weight. I started again on sunday & WI on saturdays. Its hard 2 get back on track. I submitted a thread Naming & Shaming myself, in it i listed the food i had consumed over the wknd & i was horrified. Anyhoo here 2 give support as & when needed!! :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Hi Alycyn,

Thank you for popping onto my diary and giving me support. I really appreciate it. It's good to know i'm not the only one that struggles with staying on the plan at times. Going to look for your thread now and will check out your diary too. Are you doing it alone or have you joined a group? I'm really hoping I can stay on track this time. It's so so hard though.

Hey tooty hun. Glad today is looking up, maybe plan a couple of days with different meals and healthy extras in, so on a day you feel more adventurous you can use one of those menus :)

Thanks Fran. I got some quorn mince the other day on special offer so I'm thinking of making a lasagne with it so that'll be a new dish to try. Do you vary your Healthy Extras every day?

I tend to not bother with cereal, it's just not enough. unless I have porridge. my heb's tend to be porridge, hifi bars, bread or bread roll. I occasionally use it on cooked fruit too. hea's are either milk or cheese, usually cheese as I never have enough milk. oh lasagna is yum. we add in a thing layer of defrosted frozen spinach too. mmm, and i did one with ex lean mince and butternut squash and that was amazing.

Back