Here i am again

Lisajw200

Ell after numerous false restarts. I'm trying again tomorrow. I'm gonna try hard this time. I never get passed day 1. I'm just getting bigger and bigger. Didn't want to go to WW so I'm gonna give this my all now. Waddling around the shops today and catching glimpses of myself in shop windows today, I just felt disgusted and came home and cried. So I'm starting tomorrow. My lung X-ray results came back all clear so I have no thickening or scarring of the lung which I'm pleased and relieved about and have given up smoking for 2 weeks. I'm not giving up on this diet. I'm so determined. Good luck everyone.

I just want to say congratulations on giving up smoking!

In a way the two things are pretty similar.... like an addiction to food, as well as having to break the habits. On day one of your restart maybe think back to day one without the cigs? I know when i've tried I spent most f the day thinking about wanting one! It'll be the same with food.... until the habits are broken you will find yourself heading over to the fridge etc.

Where do you usually fall apart? Maybe if you can recognise those then you can find ways of eliminating them?

phoenixx said:
I just want to say congratulations on giving up smoking!

In a way the two things are pretty similar.... like an addiction to food, as well as having to break the habits. On day one of your restart maybe think back to day one without the cigs? I know when i've tried I spent most f the day thinking about wanting one! It'll be the same with food.... until the habits are broken you will find yourself heading over to the fridge etc.

Where do you usually fall apart? Maybe if you can recognise those then you can find ways of eliminating them?

Thanks Phoenixx. Yes I normally cave in on day 1 when I see OH eating food. So I shall just read a book or chew gum. If I have the odd fag here and there it won't matter. I've just had enough of being 18st. My knees are killing me with arthritis. I can go for a walk or do some housework :)

Thanks Phoenixx. Yes I normally cave in on day 1 when I see OH eating food. So I shall just read a book or chew gum. If I have the odd fag here and there it won't matter. I've just had enough of being 18st. My knees are killing me with arthritis. I can go for a walk or do some housework :)

Hiya chick, i know i replied on other thread but heres your cheerleader as promised :party0011: you can do this, take it one day at a time, when the dreaded voice comes into your head- drink water, make a cuppa, read book, go in bath, pamper yourself anything to keep you occupied, ive taken up knitting cos it means me hands are busy :eek:

You can do this, you can do this!!

Catdog xx

ok so i have seen you have several false starts of this diet and i just wanted to remind you that if you never stop trying then you have never failed!! day one is the hard one! paint your nails several coats keeps them wet so you can pick, have a long bubble bath, go for a walk. clean your teeth loads. find as many aversion tackticks :) once your past the initial cravings you will be fine. and why isnt your OH being helpful and saying no ay? id be proper cross if mine wasnt supporting me and helping me through it. even though sometimes i get proper cross with him for not allowing me to cave ( get all sorts of horrid thoughts like he thinks im fat too and wants me to loose weight, even though he has told me several hundred times he met me much heavier and fell in love with me then and still loves me now regardless) but i really appreciate him telling me off after the grump passes.
mostly GOOD LUCK!!!

bridie said:
ok so i have seen you have several false starts of this diet and i just wanted to remind you that if you never stop trying then you have never failed!! day one is the hard one! paint your nails several coats keeps them wet so you can pick, have a long bubble bath, go for a walk. clean your teeth loads. find as many aversion tackticks :) once your past the initial cravings you will be fine. and why isnt your OH being helpful and saying no ay? id be proper cross if mine wasnt supporting me and helping me through it. even though sometimes i get proper cross with him for not allowing me to cave ( get all sorts of horrid thoughts like he thinks im fat too and wants me to loose weight, even though he has told me several hundred times he met me much heavier and fell in love with me then and still loves me now regardless) but i really appreciate him telling me off after the grump passes.
mostly GOOD LUCK!!!

Thanks for that bridie :D

catdog said:
Hiya chick, i know i replied on other thread but heres your cheerleader as promised :party0011: you can do this, take it one day at a time, when the dreaded voice comes into your head- drink water, make a cuppa, read book, go in bath, pamper yourself anything to keep you occupied, ive taken up knitting cos it means me hands are busy :eek:

You can do this, you can do this!!

Catdog xx

Aww thanks Catdog love the cheerleader haha. You're fab. Thank you. Best of luck to you. Yeah I've got to do this. Starting Monday now. Get OH birthday out the way first. So it's not a false start just moving it forward lol. Xxxx

I'm starting Monday as its the OH Birthday weekend. Was gonna start today but wouldn't be able to handle birthday food around me. So it's not a false start I'm just moving it forward :D

i start Monday to as its my bday today :) welcome!

Happy Birthday prettypaula. Let's do this!!! We can do it!!! It's my husbands birthday Sunday. So starting afresh Monday. Enjoy your weekend :D

Is there any food you reallly hate? I told everyone I live with during my first week they were only allowed to eat things I didnt particularly like so I wouldnt get tempted. You could also tell your OH to be mean.... only have enough for him (or him + kids if you have them) and not to share.

Depending on if he's willing and its healthy for him, you could try talking him into having a few of the same things you are -- like if you have a protein + veg meal, or say the spaghetti meal pack.

And happy birthday prettyPaula!

And happy birthday prettyPaula!

Enjoy the birthday celebrations hun, have some cakes for me *drools* i love birthday cake and cupcakes :bananalove: and nuts! cannit have bday food without nuts, then will see you here monday mornin bright and early :giggle:

Catdog xx

phoenixx said:
Is there any food you reallly hate? I told everyone I live with during my first week they were only allowed to eat things I didnt particularly like so I wouldnt get tempted. You could also tell your OH to be mean.... only have enough for him (or him + kids if you have them) and not to share.

Depending on if he's willing and its healthy for him, you could try talking him into having a few of the same things you are -- like if you have a protein + veg meal, or say the spaghetti meal pack.

No there's no food I really hate. The trouble is we've only got one room so he has to eat in front of me. He has to eat poor fella lol. Yes he likes chicken. I'm not bothered much by what he eats. He's gonna help me by not eating takeaways which I love. So that's something. He does the cooking too.so I can't grumble at all :D xx

hehe - im pretty lucky that i can be a little fussy!

Another idea might be going for a short walk/drive if you struggle walking while he's cooking.... mine was my cigs run *whistles*

Or alot of people have suggested in the past taping pictures you dont like on the fridge and things.

Also.... something i've always done is have 'safe' cheats avaliable. By safe i mean mostly protein. On a bad days i've had way over my 100g of chicken.... but its easier to recover from that and still feel your on-diet than if your breaking it on other things.

Good luck hun!!!

You have only truely failed when you stop trying!!!!

Keep at it!!!

: ) X

i found that just having 4 shakes + veg / milk in tea's for the first 4 days until i got into ketosis... having the meals, porridge and bars to look forward to on day five when the hunger has gone really worked for me, just having something to look forward to :)

Nomsad said:
i found that just having 4 shakes + veg / milk in tea's for the first 4 days until i got into ketosis... having the meals, porridge and bars to look forward to on day five when the hunger has gone really worked for me, just having something to look forward to :)

Thanks any advice is welcome :)

Back