Here i am again

No another false start. I think it's because ive given up smoking recently. I thought I was strong enough to cope with both but obviously not. It's a priority I give up smoking. So maybe healthy eating for now. :(

im not giving up on you flumpet! Do you thinking starting monday as you planned may help? i have to prepare myself mentally for starting and like you had bad experience ysterday made you wanna start today as the feelings are fresh, id get all excited for it, thinking its the miracle diet needed but then reality would set in on the day how hard its gonna be and me mind play tricks with me, im best when ive prepared for new start, a specific date or day and have lil goals in mind, rather than deciding night before iykwim?

Hugs hun

Catdog xx

Hey. I just read your thread. I'm starting in slim and save as soon as it arrives (hopefully by Tuesday) and I'm 18 stone 6lbs. How about we start together? I used to smoke. And I get the occasional craving. So I bought a pack of 10 and they are living in my bag. If I feel the craving for food I'm going to just remind myself that they are in my bag if I need them. It's nice to know they are there. I hope you are okay :) xx

catdog said:
im not giving up on you flumpet! Do you thinking starting monday as you planned may help? i have to prepare myself mentally for starting and like you had bad experience ysterday made you wanna start today as the feelings are fresh, id get all excited for it, thinking its the miracle diet needed but then reality would set in on the day how hard its gonna be and me mind play tricks with me, im best when ive prepared for new start, a specific date or day and have lil goals in mind, rather than deciding night before iykwim?

Hugs hun

Catdog xx

Yeah I'm like that Catdog I know exactly what you mean. But after a 2 hours on starting my cravings for fags got worse and I bought a packet of fags. Smoked 9 and chucked 11 away. This where I'm struggling Catdog I'm in a catch 22. I've got to give up smoking, I've a lung age off 66 and I'm only 44 and have difficulty breathing. But also have to lose weight to give me more lung capacity. LCDs take too long and I end up bingeing. What do you think Catdog ? Thanks for being there. Xxx

Jeshiekah said:
Hey. I just read your thread. I'm starting in slim and save as soon as it arrives (hopefully by Tuesday) and I'm 18 stone 6lbs. How about we start together? I used to smoke. And I get the occasional craving. So I bought a pack of 10 and they are living in my bag. If I feel the craving for food I'm going to just remind myself that they are in my bag if I need them. It's nice to know they are there. I hope you are okay :) xx

Thanks it's early days of giving up smoking for me. If I had 10 in my bag, they'd be gone in 2 hours. I smoked 40 a day and have a touch of emphysema. I think I'm just have to go via the scenic route and Lcd Boooh :( thanks hun. Good luck on your journey. I'll see how I feel Monday

flumpet said:
Thanks it's early days of giving up smoking for me. If I had 10 in my bag, they'd be gone in 2 hours. I smoked 40 a day and have a touch of emphysema. I think I'm just have to go via the scenic route and Lcd Boooh :( thanks hun. Good luck on your journey. I'll see how I feel Monday

I have given up smoking soo many times I have list count so I know how you feel! Have you tried the sprays or the lozenges yet?
I tried cold turkey for 5 years, then numerous attempts on the gum which helped enormously but I found it very difficult to give up the gum?
The Allen Carr book has stopped a lot of people I know stopping, and he also does a Nintendo ds game which may also help?

The nhs and your doctor should also be able to help as well.. Also there is champix which you take while smoking?

Don't ever give up giving up! I am now off them nearly 3 years, only off the gum 3 weeks.

You can do it!

Good luck with it all..

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Yeah I'm like that Catdog I know exactly what you mean. But after a 2 hours on starting my cravings for fags got worse and I bought a packet of fags. Smoked 9 and chucked 11 away. This where I'm struggling Catdog I'm in a catch 22. I've got to give up smoking, I've a lung age off 66 and I'm only 44 and have difficulty breathing. But also have to lose weight to give me more lung capacity. LCDs take too long and I end up bingeing. What do you think Catdog ? Thanks for being there. Xxx

It's so hard chick i know, only you really know what you are capable of. I'm also giving up smoking but only after i fin this as to me getting weight off was the priority even though i know how bad it is for me, but as you say youve been having problems which seem quite serious due to the smoking so that is obviously a priority and i cant blame you as on this diet i puff away like a chimney to stop me from cheating :( have you though about a mix of sns say brekkie, lunch, bars for snacks and a 'proper meal' with after din treat not the recommended protein ones but a normal calorie controlled meal you could look forward to in evening, and take it from there/ that way its some structure for during day and the packs mean keeping cals down but your not being completely restricted?

Catdog xx

catdog said:
It's so hard chick i know, only you really know what you are capable of. I'm also giving up smoking but only after i fin this as to me getting weight off was the priority even though i know how bad it is for me, but as you say youve been having problems which seem quite serious due to the smoking so that is obviously a priority and i cant blame you as on this diet i puff away like a chimney to stop me from cheating :( have you though about a mix of sns say brekkie, lunch, bars for snacks and a 'proper meal' with after din treat not the recommended protein ones but a normal calorie controlled meal you could look forward to in evening, and take it from there/ that way its some structure for during day and the packs mean keeping cals down but your not being completely restricted?

Catdog xx

Thanks chick I've decided to a LCD until the cravings have gone completely. It's the best way for me. I build my hopes up and think yeah I can do this, then when I actually do it, it's very hard. I wouldn't worry Catdog if you've no breathing probs. it's only because I've got lung probs that I have to give up. Thanks for your support hun :)

biggusburdus said:
I have given up smoking soo many times I have list count so I know how you feel! Have you tried the sprays or the lozenges yet?
I tried cold turkey for 5 years, then numerous attempts on the gum which helped enormously but I found it very difficult to give up the gum?
The Allen Carr book has stopped a lot of people I know stopping, and he also does a Nintendo ds game which may also help?

The nhs and your doctor should also be able to help as well.. Also there is champix which you take while smoking?

Don't ever give up giving up! I am now off them nearly 3 years, only off the gum 3 weeks.

You can do it!

Good luck with it all..

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks chick I've decided to a LCD until the cravings have gone completely. It's the best way for me. I build my hopes up and think yeah I can do this, then when I actually do it, it's very hard. I wouldn't worry Catdog if you've no breathing probs. it's only because I've got lung probs that I have to give up. Thanks for your support hun :)

sorry hun i didnt read down doh! will you being staying on minimins chick?

Catdog xx

You should defo stay :D then as soon as te dreaded fags are out of your life you can get back on with the vlcd. I still think you'll lose on lcd though. Good luck hun. We can still compare notes if you like ^_^ x

Jeshiekah said:
You should defo stay :D then as soon as te dreaded fags are out of your life you can get back on with the vlcd. I still think you'll lose on lcd though. Good luck hun. We can still compare notes if you like ^_^ x

Thanks :) yeah I will be cheering you on don't worry. Good luck with it. Jeshikah :) Ive just looked at expiry dates and will be back soon :) maybe if I use the new quit mist spray that will help. I might try again Monday. I think chewing gum can make you more hungry. :) is it Tuesday you start jeshikah? :) I reay want to do this diet as I'm getting bigger and bigger. I'm a size 26 now lol. I won't fit into my clothes at this rate.

Thanks :) yeah I will be cheering you on don't worry. Good luck with it. Jeshikah :) Ive just looked at expiry dates and will be back soon :) maybe if I use the new quit mist spray that will help. I might try again Monday. I think chewing gum can make you more hungry. :) is it Tuesday you start jeshikah? :) I reay want to do this diet as I'm getting bigger and bigger. I'm a size 26 now lol. I won't fit into my clothes at this rate.

Well that's settled then, youve got too many cheerleaders/fans/stalkers to go anywhere lololol whatever diet your on we can all help each other through :D

Speaking of , louise where are you hunni?

Catdog xx

flumpet said:

Yeah I should be starting Tuesday! Can't wait. I hope you can join me hun! I'm a size 20 but I'm taller than you I think, I'm at 5'6. I've seen the list of veggies and there's a few I like which is good. Mushrooms<3 courgettes<3 :D and there's some others too. Plus I read on here that you can use command season and shake on the chicken. So I'm happy about that. I'm doing 4 sns meals in the week and 3 + protein meal on weekend. I think that is ok :) xx

Hi girls I here lol

I been to kids parties since 1pm and had no signal on my phone!!!!
My stress levels have been very high

Awww Flumpet I feel for you right now... It's so hard the 2 things u got to challenge are probably the 2 main hardest things in yr life... I just thinking though if you give up fags first wont it make u crave for food more?
Wud u be able to do vlcd and cut down til yr in right place with the dieting then sort out fags... Wether u start or not on Monday we are all here for for support hun yr not alone ok :)

Just finishing off my bottle of wine before Monday having a good clear out tomorrow of cupboards and fridge can't wait :) xx

louiseb78 said:
Hi girls I here lol

Awww Flumpet I feel for you right now... It's so hard the 2 things u got to challenge are probably the 2 main hardest things in yr life... I just thinking though if you give up fags first wont it make u crave for food more?
Wud u be able to do vlcd and cut down til yr in right place with the dieting then sort out fags... Wether u start or not on Monday we are all here for for support hun yr not alone ok :)

Just finishing off my bottle of wine before Monday having a good clear out tomorrow of cupboards and fridge can't wait :) xx

I think I may clear out the rest of my choccy and cider! Get rid so theres no temptation! X

I got no choc just a bottle of wine so that will do nicely!! Lol x

Hi girls I here lol

Hiya hun, good to see ye :D i couldnt remember what day you were starting doh. ooh kids parties, stressful i bet but they have the best food lolol i keep dreaming bout cupcakes, i dont even eat them normally lol but want an iced one and a butterfly one :eek:

Catdog xx

louiseb78 said:
I got no choc just a bottle of wine so that will do nicely!! Lol x

I'm gonna share them with my mum :D x

catdog said:
Well that's settled then, youve got too many cheerleaders/fans/stalkers to go anywhere lololol whatever diet your on we can all help each other through :D

Speaking of , louise where are you hunni?

Catdog xx

That's settled I'm starting Monday on S&S my mum and OH right behind me on this. Just have to stock up on milk , chicken, veg , tuna eggs etc. just in case I wanna eat while getting into ketosis. Yeah where is Louise? Thanks Catdog :D

flumpet said:
That's settled I'm starting Monday on S&S my mum and OH right behind me on this. Just have to stock up on milk , chicken, veg , tuna eggs etc. just in case I wanna eat while getting into ketosis. Yeah where is Louise? Thanks Catdog :D

Yay! You can do it!! :D xx

Back