Here i am! *waves* - Brewin'a'Baby & Staying Slim! 2011 xx

Day 18, 100% for 30 days. My Two Year Anniversary With SlimmingWorld.

Todays eating has been a bit poo, i had breakfast at 7, but didnt get to eat untill half 4 because a little boy had a terrible bash to the head this morning and ended up in A&E which thus threw me out for the entire day and i didnt have a lunch break.

Breakfast: Two alpen lights HEB 1 apple, a handful of grapes and a strawberry mullerlight

half 4- 1 orange, 2 pears, 1 tomato mugshot

tea: syn free curry & brown rice
Recipe: Serves 4:
4 onions
5garlic cloves
(soften with water)
then add two tins of chopped tomatoes
when at boiling point, remove from heat and blend until smooth.

Add 2 tsps of mustard seeds, paprika, garam masala, coriander, ground ginger, turmeric,
16 cardamon pods,
1tsp of hot chilli powder
2 chilli's
and 1 small bag of fresh coriander

Add any meat (i use chicken) and simmer untill meat is cooked (about an hour)

- oh, and dont forget to fish out the cardamon pods just before serving LOL

i'm serving mine with brown rice and very low fat natural yogurt :rolleyes:

1 pappadum 2 syns

250ml milk with hot choc 2syns and HEA

4syns xx

Last edited:
Hi hun, just wanted to say well done on getting back on the wagon after your binge, don't beat yourself up over it, you've done brilliantly, so what if you don't get to your 5 stone, you're in size 10 jeans!! As long as you are happy then numbers don't count. Hug. xxx

I agree you look wonderfull as you are and have achieved so much,
I have been maintaining the weight i am for over 6 months but i am over 20 pounds away from target still so im finding it very hard to motivate myself to be good on the food front.
Whats the best pieces of adivce or tips you would give somone?

I agree you look wonderfull as you are and have achieved so much,
I have been maintaining the weight i am for over 6 months but i am over 20 pounds away from target still so im finding it very hard to motivate myself to be good on the food front.
Whats the best pieces of adivce or tips you would give somone?

Thanks girls. I am finding it very difficult myself to find a balance at the mo..

- my only advise for good losses is to eat tonnes of fresh fruit, all the time, drink 2ltrs of water a day. I find buying a big bottle, filling it up in the morn and pledging to finish it by the evening makes this more managable. Running (even just running for a few minutes and walking the entire way the rest of the time) or swimming used to knock the weight off garenteed.. but i found my aquafit sessions incredibly fun and having a set time and knowin the pool wouldnt be full of skinny minnies staring at me made me enjoy it even more.

i try to make all my meals syn free, i'd rather risk having very little syns, the using 15 throughout the day and having an unexpected binge, or little things like reading the package wrong and realising it says full fat, rather than low fat.. or an unexpected meal out or dessert..

and vary your foods.. somthing im not very good at!

It can be tough, i suppose you just have to constantly weigh up in your mind how much you really want it.. i always ask myself.. ' would i rather eat this, or loose a pound? ' if its worth sts or gaining a pound or so for, then fair enough, but if its not.. whats the point in eating it. I wont lie, somtimes i make the wrong descion, but its all about learning!

xxx

hey guys and girls.

Im back from Alton towers.. and i am very proud of myself, i actually got in the water park this time, and i didnt hit any kids when splashed :D lol which is an achievment in its own, i went down all the water slides and i stayed in untill everyone got out.. and then i went on the ride Thirteen, the new one. Which is a very big thing for me, i have never been on a real roller coaster, im petrified of them. Granted it was the only real ride i went on the entire day when in the theme park sunday, but i was almost sick after that so i felt i'd done my bit.. esp after an hours queing. :eek: No suprise there though..

i managed thursday, friday and saturday(despite being at the waterpark saturday) on plan.

Sunday and today.. well.. :rolleyes: swiftly moving on.. all i can say is i now feel :jelous:

as iv said in another thread though, im needing to address some problems i have with food at the mo. I have the control to chose not to eat somthing naughty, but once i chose to allow myself somthing.. i dont have the control to stop.

example. i had promised myself a dessert at the meal at the harvester sunday night after the theme park. I looked forward to it all day and was really good up until then.. but when it came to ordering, because i already knew i was eating somthing naughty.. i (in all honestly) felt i couldnt conrtol the urge to go all out, and i ordered a harvester buger, and then at the salad cart ate everything, including colslaw, four white bread rolls with butter, crispy onion bits.. etc etc.. i think we all know where im going here.

I started with good intentions this morning but fell apart by 9am at the all you can eat breakfast before we left. My syn value for these two days are sky high, and i feel really unwell for it.

Tomorrow i am starting afresh and again i will not be weighing this week, i'l be weighing next week. I could weigh in, but i'd rather start 100% tomorrow and give myself a chance, as if i weigh wednesday i find it difficult to stay on track after seeing a nasty result.. i'd rather start fresh minded tomorrow and weigh the wednesday after this one coming.

My bessie has her 2 week scan this wednesday, oo the excitment!!! xxx

Ohhh-kay.

I have come to confess my syns.

After resolving to hop back on the wagon sunday, monday.. and again today. I have not.. i watched it roll on by over and over. I could have had a 100% day today, untill 4pm .. were i jumped back off.. for no reason what so ever.. i just did. It was like i didnt even care. I dont know what my problem is argh!

i just feel exhausted, i feel like iv tried everything.
Iv done my food shop and i am prepared for a 100% week.
This week im trying almost every single meal as somthing i havnt tried before, rarley have etc. Im also resolving to eat much smaller portions, reduce my snacking and seriously slow down on my actual eating time. (which will be difficult when i proberly hold a world record for eating an entire plate full of chilli con carni and rice, an entire pot of vlf natural yogurt and a side salad in under 3 minutes :eek:)

This week im heading back to planning my meals, breakfast dinner and tea. Clearly my 'day at a time' approach isnt working for me.

I feel like no matter what approach i take, its doing nothing for my weight loss or my stress levels!

Im going to re-join the gym at the end of the month..

I weigh in tomorrow, im going to face the music tomorrow and weigh in. Even though i really don't want to. I recon a 4lb gain. which i'd be gutted about but fully deserve. Its the slap in the face i need. Its completly my own fault.. and i also feel completly **** about it, but have to get over it.. and get on with it!!!

Right. Shall report back tomorrow.. Must pull it together!

x

Good morning everyone!

Today i come to you, 5lbs heavier. Now weighing 10st 5lbs, I have 4lbs to loose to get back to my 10 st 1 original target weight.

After bingeing on unimaginable amounts for four days, i ended up being very poorly last night. I feel very delicate this morning but my body just couldnt handle the vast amount of fatty and sugery foods i was putting in my mouth over and over. I often feel unwell after a takeaway because my body is no longer used to it and i have yet to master the control so that i can stop when full.. but i just completly overdid it this week and have subsequently brang up everything i have consumed over the past few days (or so it feels!)

I don't feel i can stomach much today,
I'v had some water and two alpen lights and 3 grapes, but thats all i can stomach right now.

I'm off out to shop at cabot today with my sister and aunt which im looking forward too but i suspect im going to skip dinner.. even the thought makes me :jelous:

I know it's time to pull it together now, i need to hop back on the wagon, even though i am finding it incredibly difficult to spruse up the motivation i know i just need to see some results to feel better, and i wont have any results if i dont put the effort in so here we go.

:)Shall update later. x

This is 1st diary i've fully into and read everyday just due to you sound just like me, and an inspiration for me even get close to your weight now,

im just starting out but realised if im eating out i cant even think of a treat or i go all out and eat silly amounts!

your doing incredibly well! even through binges your still 'human' everyone makes mistakes! maybe that 4lb gain will help you get back losing again.. i always have good loses after a rubbish week!

Sorry to hear you're feeling icky :(! But welcome back to the wagon dear.

Shopping can only help to motivate you so have an awesome day.

YOU ARE SUCH AN INSPIRATION!!!!
What an amazing achievement to lose so much weight and your diary is one of the ones I try to catch up on every day. You are so honest and brave and have come so far, it's incredible to see :)

Thanks for your replies girls, your words mean a-lot to me.
I'v been quite delicate today, alot of tummy strain after being so sick. It has taught me that i will binge for the last time. Its gotten completley out of control and it's never worth the tummy pain and guilt after, let alone being physically sick all night. I have binged for the last time, i will not put myself or my body through that. What's it worth? nothing. Weight gain, guilt and feeling like crap for days after.. and you don't even enjoy the food you eat, because you eat it so fast you can barely remember what it was you ate let alone how much!!

Iv been out all day, even though i could have done with a PJ in bed, i dragged myself out to Cabot circus for a shopping trip with my sister and my 'aunty' Lisa. I love a good shopping day with them and the babies.

I started the day with water, and then spread two Alpen lights out through the morning when nausia struck.

at 1pm the girls wanted to eat at nandos, i was quite hungry by then seeing as i'd been up since 6 becos' i couldnt sleep and hadnt eaten much. I ordered half a chicken with skin removed, plain with a fino mixed leaf salad undressed and corn on the cob. I classed it all as free but i have more than enough syns to spare. I had diet coke and skipped dessert Gag!

when i got home at 6 i had one banana, and then i had a small jacket potato, topped with 2 tsp of lighter than light flora 1yn chilli con carni 1syn and 28g of weighed chedder cheese

iv drank lots of water, and tried to eat properly. I dont want a 'false loss' like last time when i was sick and i had a tummy bug.

Iv eaten smaller portions today and eaten slower. Iv tried really hard to slow down my chewing and have been putting my knife and fork down between bites, so that i'm not constantly putting the next lot onto my fork and chewing so fast. Hope it makes a difference!

we'l see.

I bought some new nina ricci perfume because i'd run out and i love it, a beautiful beaded beach dress from new look that is stunning and a small! and got some bargains from primark aswell as some cute home bargains.

x

hey guys and gals.

I am already noticing an improvment in my asthma since slowing my eating down and am trying to only eat when hungry which is good.

breakfast. Muller and handful of grapes.

mid morn, apple, banana and kellogs fibre plus bar. OMG they are lush, kinda cakey and brownie like. MMMMM HEB

had an apple when i got home at 3, and made a tuna, sweet corn and boiled egg salad (lettuce, spring onion, one large tom and cucumber)

and am now having a cauliflower, brocolie, ham and cheese bake with baked beans for tea. HEA

xxx

bisucuit and strawberries. 4.5 syns for day.

Last edited:
Ouu glad you're feeling a bit better :) slow steps eh :D! Guess it's just a blip to look back on when you feel a binge coming on. You're still a huge inspiration to many on the forum but everyone know's you've worked hard so stay keen to get back to the healthy life :)

Breakfast: 1 apricot muller.
three sweet onion ryvita's topped with some fat free cottage cheese and chive HEB and two sliced apples.

dinner: pasta and sauce with red onion, cherry tomates, 1 slice of ham and 42g cathedral light cheese HEA

2 more apples during day.

*even managed to resist when taken to costa and everyone bar me had a cheese and ham toastie!!*
diet coke..

tea:
brown rice, and curry 1.5syn.
spices, chicken, pasta, tinned toms, garlic, onion, coriander leaf and chilli's
Lots of vlf natural yogurt.. dont like spice!
maybe one poppadum and 1 tsp mango chuctney for 3syns all together?

4.5 syns today. x

- curry ended up at 1 syn, had half a poppadum 1syn and tsp of mango chuctney 1syn.. so 3 syns for day. xxx

Last edited:
Oh my gosh. I must share. The weirdest things have happened this week.

Friday night. I ate ONE biscuit. i ENJOYED it.. and i only ate ONE with no compelling urge to eat more..

yesterday, i served myself a small portion of my home made curry with the intention of letting myself register that i was full, and if i was still hungry going back for more. I didnt even finish my dinner. I actually left food on my plate. I honest to god cannot remember a time when this has ever happened. I actually left food. I was full!

and my asthma didnt play up after because i ate too fast...

and then we watched a film, and i didnt think about a snack AT ALL!

im really focusing on learning when im 'emtionally hungry' and when i'm actually hungry. this is really helping.. i feel like im learning alot about myself this week.

i think im finally ready to face my food demons, rather than focusing on my weight that really isnt my issue anymore.

that thread reguarding emotional eating, has really hit home with me.

Feeling good today.. and im off to work!

1 rhubarb mullerlight, handful of grapes and an apple.

1 kellogs fibre plus bar HEB

cauliflower, brocolie and ham bake made with fat free cotage cheese and chive, egg and topped with cheese HEA with beans.

1 pear, 1 orange

very small portion of mash (0.5syn) 1 morrisons eat smart chipolata (0.5syn) wrapped in one rasher of bacon, sweetcorn and gravey (0.5syn)

i had far more on my plate, but left it as i wasnt hungry..

check me.. not hungry!

Reading your diary.. like so many others here, I can identify with you. I am an all or nothing kinda girl. I was a chocoholic! I have had to give it up when I started SW..I couldn’t just have a small bar a day. I don’t crave it now, but I do lose control, I don’t know when to stop! It is great you are addressing this now.

It must be a great feeling to be excited about going clothes shopping. You have done so well, don’t come back in 5 years bigger than when you started SW!!

1 kellogs fibre bar, 1 pear, 1 apple , 1 rhubarb mullerlight.

baked potatoe, baked beans. diet coke, a tiny bit of cookie. 3syns.

pasta, syn free bolognese and cheese HEA

grapes, 1 slice of ham.

1 pear.

aquafit today, 1 hour.. hence the extra food :)

Your right, my food intake has been far less than usual this week, but it's made me realise that i was eating far too much to excess! I really didnt need it all. atleast for now i am trying to differentiate between emotional hunger and physical hunger. Its been quite eye opening so far!!

1 strawberry mullerlight, 1 kellogs fibre. Yum. 1orange

3 hard boiled eggs, Tuna, lettuce, cucumber, two large tomatoes and spring onion.

mullerlight, 1 orange.

brown rice, chilli con carni, cheese HEA vlf natural yogurt and lettuce. 2syns

2 biscuits (10syns)

:)

Back