Here I go AGAIN lol!

Dagnamit, increased my water and scales ae up this morning POO!

Noooooooooooo, What a bummer. Keep drinking. The only way to get rid of water is to drink more. Read that somewhere, not sure but may have been Atkins book. You know when you are drinking enough when every hour or so you only just about get to loo on time and find yourself chucking tenner ladys in your supermarket trolly. LOL
Well I can only speak for myself of course.
I upped mine yesterday and dropped a pound. Hate water though. Why can't it be drink 3 litres of Bacardi and Coke. Would'nt give a s**t then if scales were up or down LOL. Too pissed to care.
Sorry about random post, been up all night.
Hang in there hun

LOL... are you sure you've not been at the bacardi and coke hun?

well, I started off with all good intentions, but it went bums up!

I would never ever advise anyone to drink too much whilst in ketosis, I was sooooo drunk and it took me until lunch time to feel human today!, The meal was fantastic, but the various dishes which were ordered we all shared, so its all gone wrong and now Ive got to get back into ketosis and I darent get on the scales.

boo hoo xxx

thanks dancing,

when you've had just one taste, its so hard not to say Ok, I'll start again on Monday, I left my job last night after 8 years, start new one next wednesday, and its bank holiday and and and and and........ we all know this scenario!

sue xx

have spoken to my lady and seeing her next week, because I felt unwell on Thursday lol! before I had too much to drink! on Thursday night! I'm contemplating ssing just to shift the last 8 to 10lbs.

sue x

OK, I got on the scales this morning and due to my one slip up on thursday night has caused me to put the full 5lbs on I lost, its really upset me, this is just a vicious circle.

So I am not going to dither around anymore, I will be going back on cambridge when I get my packs this week to ss fully until I lose this gain and then follow a low carb plan to keep me there, I wont be doing full atkins as I dont like eating all the cream and full fat cheeses albeit it does work temporarily.

sue x

Hey Sun, so sorry to hear of this huge demotivation you are struggling with. One little tumble and it seems that it has all been in vain. It is most likely just glycogen hun, and if you got back on 1oo% it would shift rly quickly.

Having said that, I also have to say that I am currently questioning the cheeses and fats of Atkins and whether it is really something I can do for another week, let alone another few months. I think it is easier than SS but the glycogen and ketosis issues are the same so if you do eat carbs it will immediately show as a gain.

I am up a few lbs this morning (3 out of the 8) possibly due to the sauce on the chicken I had yesterday lunchtime, possibly due to water retention. Who knows? What I do know is I am getting obsessive again and I don't like it.

I, and I hope you don't mind me suggesting that you, too, really want to get this weight off, as quickly as possible, but these all or nothing, limited choice diets, severely restrict us in what we can eat and is not something that can be sustained in the long term.

Granted, if we were to follow CD SS 100% to goal and then work up the plans it would probs only take a month to get to where we wanted to be, but then we would have to maintain that to the oz. otherwise it would creep back up again.

Am starting to draw the conclusion that balanced diet and exercise, allbeit a long process, may be the best way...

(thats not to say I have decided to quit Atkins yet, am still trying to make up my mind, and may do another week before coming off... I could do with your advice really hun)

You need to do what's best for you, as do we all. I hope you will still stick around to offer your fantastic words of wisdom- you have been an invaluable source of inspiration and information to me this past week, so thank you so much for that!!

xxx

morning hun,

sorry to hear of your 3lbs gain as well, Yes you are right it is glycogen and water retention, and it is easier to eat and get into ketosis than ss on shakes, the 1st week eating on atkins is exciting eating naughty food, but for me and probably a lot of people, its the wrong thing to do as I have high cholestrol which I have to take statins for and I also have Insulin resistance type II diabetes which I should be taking metformin for, but doctor took me off them when I lost 3 stone last year. The weight I have put back on has firmly set around my abdomen again and I hate it, carbs are the worse to eat if your suffer from IR which food doesnt burn as energy as it should but for me it turns straight to fat around the the abdomen which settles round your vital organs hence a real health risk. So after that ramble basically it doesnt sit right in my head eating everything I should steering well away from ie, cream and cheese!

All I need to do is lose this bit asap, as psychologically I feel that if I hit the stone over my goal weight, I'll give up and go into a depression which I cant let myself do.

Yes sensibly the correct way is to follow a plan with exercise and a gradual 1 to 2lb loss, that is the way we have to teach and learn ourselves to succesfully maintain. Learning to maintain is the hardest part of all.

For me I know I have to follow a low carb plan and I have just bought a book The doctor's Diet by Dr.Michael Spira, For me I have to lose the 10lb gain asap before I do a maintenance plan, I should logically start the doctors diet now and learn to lose weight slowly and maintain, but hey! this is me lol!, God I have rambled

sue xx

You havent rambled hun, if anything I rambled!!

I can understand where you don't have much to lose that you want to get it off ASAP. I have about 2 stone so its not gonna be as quick for me sadly. Have now decided to stick with Atkins Induction for as long as I can, then reintroduce carbs and lose the last 5-7lbs through a combo of low carb and low cal/fat.

Think it all just got to me with the gain and I can't let a pair of scales destroy my confidence in this diet and/or myself. A few weeks down the line, hopefully a fair few lbs down too, and hopefully I will feel I have made the right decision (even if my bank manager disagrees, as this is costing me a bomb!)

xxx

hun,

I will be here every step of the way for you, anything just shout, and good luck, we will get there!

sue xx

Ok, have decided to continue with Atkins and get back into ketosis until I get my packs, I have 2 meal orientated nights out next week so I can choose wisely and stay in ketosis and be able to go straight onto packs.

sue xx

Tis GONE TITS UP H E L P !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dancing x

I'm on self destuct mode, I've done nothing but be manic and binge since thursday, I'm out of control and need some guidance and help

I,m soooo low at the moment

sue x

Awww hun, big hugs and a big kick up the arse being sent your way.

Tomorrow is a new day and I want you to start again, guiltfree and motivated to do day 1 of atkins 100%. I know you can do it.

Wish I could do more for you hun xxx

Ive replied hunxx

just want to update, I'm still around just need me time and get head sorted (body would be good as well!)

If anybody needs anything pm me

sue xx

Ive got my shakes hun, but am giving it a couple of days before I start. I started my new job last night, one thing at a time.

sue xx

So dear diary and fellow slimmers, yet another start, no I shan't be cynical! but start this monday 2nd June positive.

Water water and more water for me this time

xxx

Back