Here I go again...

Just popping in to wish you luck on your weight loss journey. Our stats are very similar. I'm 5'4, goal weight is 9st, start weight was 11st 8lbs and have lost 9lbs...only it's taken me 5 weeks to get there! You must be delighted with your losses!! Well done and good luck (though you seem to have a brill mindset so I'm sure you don't need it).

Hey sparkles, we're exactly the same lol! I'm only half a pound ahead and the bottle of wine I'm treating myself to later could make all the difference!

I always lose big the first few weeks then it plateaus and stabilises to about a pound a week. Just making sure I keep up with it this time!

Hey sparkles, we're exactly the same lol! I'm only half a pound ahead and the bottle of wine I'm treating myself to later could make all the difference!

I always lose big the first few weeks then it plateaus and stabilises to about a pound a week. Just making sure I keep up with it this time!

I know, I couldn't believe it when I saw all the stats the same. Isn't it a great feeling to get down into the 10st bracket? I was delighted to get below 11 this week!! :D

Have a great weekend! :)

Oh I had a proper treat night last night - just not bloody happy this morning as I asked OH for a wee lie in (I never ever take them and even when I do an extra hour is plenty) and DIDN'T get it cos he stayed up to all hours on a bloody computer game. Seriously pissed off, I get up every single day with the kids while he lays on, I do the schoolruns etc...then he says I only ever have to ask, so I ask and I don't friggin get!!! ARGH!!!! Don't get me wrong, he is very helpful in many ways but ffs, I just wanted an extra hour of sleep for a change.

Anyway, I'm not at all annoyed with myself for last night as I consciously decided I was really well due a proper treat. Had sticky ribs and a very small portion of chips for tea (less than a kids portion but it was enough), 2 glasses of wine, ONE bag of crisps and a few maltesers. Before SW, that would have descended into an all out bingefest during weightloss as I used to feel deprived. Not this time! I just thought yeah, I can have a bit of what I fancy, not a teensy tease of a taste but not insane amounts either...and I stuck to it. Once I'd finished I just felt nicely satisfied, like I'd had just enough. Didn't count syns as I know I saved over 100 since starting SW and it was my first real treat night (my treats are always within syns). That 100 easily covered what I had and of course I'm right back to usual plan this morning (except in a bad temper lol).

So proud and a little shocked I didn't binge...just goes to show how SW really does keep you feeling satisifed! Onward to next weigh in now, which will be late evening as I have a hospital appt with my daughter in the morning. Such a stressy week coming up...all day Tuesday in hospital too with her under GA having spinal traction films done. Just gonna keep my eye on next weekend and keep moving forward!

Sheanin said:
Oh I had a proper treat night last night - just not bloody happy this morning as I asked OH for a wee lie in (I never ever take them and even when I do an extra hour is plenty) and DIDN'T get it cos he stayed up to all hours on a bloody computer game. Seriously pissed off, I get up every single day with the kids while he lays on, I do the schoolruns etc...then he says I only ever have to ask, so I ask and I don't friggin get!!! ARGH!!!! Don't get me wrong, he is very helpful in many ways but ffs, I just wanted an extra hour of sleep for a change.

Anyway, I'm not at all annoyed with myself for last night as I consciously decided I was really well due a proper treat. Had sticky ribs and a very small portion of chips for tea (less than a kids portion but it was enough), 2 glasses of wine, ONE bag of crisps and a few maltesers. Before SW, that would have descended into an all out bingefest during weightloss as I used to feel deprived. Not this time! I just thought yeah, I can have a bit of what I fancy, not a teensy tease of a taste but not insane amounts either...and I stuck to it. Once I'd finished I just felt nicely satisfied, like I'd had just enough. Didn't count syns as I know I saved over 100 since starting SW and it was my first real treat night (my treats are always within syns). That 100 easily covered what I had and of course I'm right back to usual plan this morning (except in a bad temper lol).

So proud and a little shocked I didn't binge...just goes to show how SW really does keep you feeling satisifed! Onward to next weigh in now, which will be late evening as I have a hospital appt with my daughter in the morning. Such a stressy week coming up...all day Tuesday in hospital too with her under GA having spinal traction films done. Just gonna keep my eye on next weekend and keep moving forward!

Sorry to hear that, that does sound REALLY frustrating!!! I think I'd have made lots of loud noise so that at the very least he didn't get to sleep any longer!

Well done on not bingeing! Glad you had your treats and feel satisfied after them. I know how sometimes having some can make you want sooooo much more, so it's great that you were able to control it!

Good luck in hospital with your daughter x

Thanks :) I was really proud of myself, might not seem like a big deal but overcoming that urge was huge for me.

So this week is stress week but I am not letting it beat me! In the zone bigtime after a nice weekend, saw a 2lb gain on the scales this morning but didn't panic as I know it's just fluid retention. My recently placed implant likes to give me star week frequently lol; not worried about it as I've had it before and had 3 months of star week every other week before it settled down. Anyway I decided to tackle the fluid head on with tons of water, LOTS of walking (hit my 1.5hr body magic target already this week) and some decent food choices. Limiting the carbs a bit this week, they make my fluid retention much worse and I don't miss them too much as long as I have plenty of everything else and just a little of the healthy carbs.

Food shopping this afternoon, my daughter's hospital trip tomorrow (which I'm not dreading half as much now due to a massive walk to clear my head), free day on Weds, hospital again on Thurs morning (minor) and WI on Thurs eve all being well. Cannot wait for the weekend to get here and get all this stuff behind me!

Sheanin said:
Thanks :) I was really proud of myself, might not seem like a big deal but overcoming that urge was huge for me.

So this week is stress week but I am not letting it beat me! In the zone bigtime after a nice weekend, saw a 2lb gain on the scales this morning but didn't panic as I know it's just fluid retention. My recently placed implant likes to give me star week frequently lol; not worried about it as I've had it before and had 3 months of star week every other week before it settled down. Anyway I decided to tackle the fluid head on with tons of water, LOTS of walking (hit my 1.5hr body magic target already this week) and some decent food choices. Limiting the carbs a bit this week, they make my fluid retention much worse and I don't miss them too much as long as I have plenty of everything else and just a little of the healthy carbs.

Food shopping this afternoon, my daughter's hospital trip tomorrow (which I'm not dreading half as much now due to a massive walk to clear my head), free day on Weds, hospital again on Thurs morning (minor) and WI on Thurs eve all being well. Cannot wait for the weekend to get here and get all this stuff behind me!

I'm a big comfort eater/binger so I definitely get the pride in that!! :)

You have such a great attitude, no wonder you're doing so great! Finding your motivation and sensible attitude really inspiring. Keep up the great work and best of luck getting though this week!x

Hahaha I force the attitude to convince myself as much as anyone else! Really glad if I do manage to help anyone though, this is something I have struggled with for over ten years and I know so well how hard it is.

Alrighty!! I assumed I'd be having an evening WI this week due to another hospital appt for daughter...I got it wrong! Appt is Tues so I can make my usual WI and class, yay!

Her day in hospital yesterday went smoothly thank God. I went to bits when she was put under (naturally, never gets any easier) but it went really well and they said the results look good i.e straightening her spine should be achievable. Double yay! She was a little pro about the entire thing, so pleased.

So now my eye is on the prize...I'll have been on SW for one month next week. My aim is for my stone award and silver body magic; I know I have the body magic in the bag but need a loss of 4.5lbs across tomorrow and next week for the stone award...it isnt a big deal if I don't do it, it'll literally be missed by the skin of my teeth and thats ok.

Roll on tomorrow for an idea of my chances, then I'll be setting my november challenge!

Alrighty!! I assumed I'd be having an evening WI this week due to another hospital appt for daughter...I got it wrong! Appt is Tues so I can make my usual WI and class, yay!

Her day in hospital yesterday went smoothly thank God. I went to bits when she was put under (naturally, never gets any easier) but it went really well and they said the results look good i.e straightening her spine should be achievable. Double yay! She was a little pro about the entire thing, so pleased.

So now my eye is on the prize...I'll have been on SW for one month next week. My aim is for my stone award and silver body magic; I know I have the body magic in the bag but need a loss of 4.5lbs across tomorrow and next week for the stone award...it isnt a big deal if I don't do it, it'll literally be missed by the skin of my teeth and thats ok.

Roll on tomorrow for an idea of my chances, then I'll be setting my november challenge!

That's brilliant Sheanin, would be amazing to get to 1 stone so quickly...said with just a hint of jealousy! :) Glad to hear your daughter's appointment went well! :)

Best of luck getting your 1st award & your silver body magic!! :cross:

Cheers :) Mind you if I'm realistic, the stone award is more likely to be sometime in November. I've had a few days of eating rather little - purely because I've been so busy and also haven't had a chance to get any shopping in. I've run out of pretty much everything lol, tonight's tea will be a mugshot or noodles of some kind and zero superfree cos I don't have any! Unless of course I can be bothered to cook some onions and have them with Smash...which actually sounds pretty good now I think of it.

Big big food shop tomorrow with lots of lovely superfree for the week ahead, plus we have a taster week next week so I'll be testing out some recipes for that. Haven't had a chance to do any real cooking lately and I miss it!

Yep. Definitely November for my stone award - just 1.5lbs off this week so still 3lbs to go. I'll get there, doesn't matter when!

What a bloody weird day. Had WI, felt fine. Did my shopping, felt fine. Stopped at boyfriend's mum's house, had a bit of a headache and felt a bit ropey. Assumed it would pass if I ate, so I did. Went to collect A from school and by the time I got there, felt absolutely wretched so collected N an hour early too so I could just go straight home. My God...had barely driven a mile and was at some traffic lights when I felt seriously, seriously ill. Really faint, lightheaded, knew I was gonna pass out as soon as the light went green and I had to move. Drove the car about 3 metres and parked up safely (shaking like mad), apologised to the girls as I knew I was scaring them and explained I was going to ring for some help. Only just made the call to boyfriend's parents before I must have blacked out for a second. His dad came and drove us home in my car and I had to lay down straight away, I felt SO ill. Not too bad now, but ****** it was scary. It has happened before but not while driving; seems I get bouts of low blood pressure that make me feel awful or pass out, then if I rest I'm fine a few hours later. Madness. Def seeing the doc about it.

Anyway, small loss this week, and I did just use the rest of my syns on jacket potato with cheese (Tescos) cos there was no chance of me cooking. Also tried some pie my OH made but it wasnt for me, barely had 3 spoonfuls lol but I'm definitely maxed on syns for today. No biggie. I've got stuff in for an awesome 100% week so no matter what my next WI brings, I'll have done my best :)

Sheanin said:
Yep. Definitely November for my stone award - just 1.5lbs off this week so still 3lbs to go. I'll get there, doesn't matter when!

What a bloody weird day. Had WI, felt fine. Did my shopping, felt fine. Stopped at boyfriend's mum's house, had a bit of a headache and felt a bit ropey. Assumed it would pass if I ate, so I did. Went to collect A from school and by the time I got there, felt absolutely wretched so collected N an hour early too so I could just go straight home. My God...had barely driven a mile and was at some traffic lights when I felt seriously, seriously ill. Really faint, lightheaded, knew I was gonna pass out as soon as the light went green and I had to move. Drove the car about 3 metres and parked up safely (shaking like mad), apologised to the girls as I knew I was scaring them and explained I was going to ring for some help. Only just made the call to boyfriend's parents before I must have blacked out for a second. His dad came and drove us home in my car and I had to lay down straight away, I felt SO ill. Not too bad now, but ****** it was scary. It has happened before but not while driving; seems I get bouts of low blood pressure that make me feel awful or pass out, then if I rest I'm fine a few hours later. Madness. Def seeing the doc about it.

Anyway, small loss this week, and I did just use the rest of my syns on jacket potato with cheese (Tescos) cos there was no chance of me cooking. Also tried some pie my OH made but it wasnt for me, barely had 3 spoonfuls lol but I'm definitely maxed on syns for today. No biggie. I've got stuff in for an awesome 100% week so no matter what my next WI brings, I'll have done my best :)

Oh my God, that sounds scary. Thank god you were stopped at a light when it happened and not driving along at speed! Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, hope you get it sorted when you check it with your doc!!

1 1/2 is great, you're so close to the stone award - congrats! :)

Feel better soon x

Thanks :) Today sucked though. Blood pressure low again (was all day, my parents measured it early evening and it was still low) and was out of the house with no planned food so ended up simply needing to eat before I fainted. Had a bagel for breakfast on top of my usual which helped lots but used ALL my syns, then come afternoon I had no option but to eat some lasagne and chips (kept the portion small though).

Really annoyed about it as I have never had blood pressure problems. Its all because of this flipping implant giving me a constant non stop period so I am hugely drained when you include daughter in hospital, two other kids etc. Bleh!

I did text my C to let her know what was going on and hope to plan out the rest of my week with plenty of food to fuel me but good choices and snacks in my bag. What a pain in the ass though.

Bizarrely, my scales this morning say I'm 10st 8lbs. Still feeling ropey and need to eat something but have very little appetite...its hard to think of SW friendly food when you feel like crap.

Still, gonna have a bowl of muesli and fat free yoghurt, drink lots of water and pack some roast chicken and fruit to nibble on while at the hairdressers today. Can't wait to get my hair done! Then I am seeing the doc on Monday for sure so I can get whatever this is sorted out. I feel so warm today like I've been out jogging but I haven't...so odd. Keeps happening, I feel boiling hot and sweaty (gross lol). Was thinking I could be anaemic but I had it before and was always freezing...I'm confused!!!

Off for some water and brekkie and hopefully I'll pick up a bit before going to the hairdresser. At least my hair will be nice later :)

Sorry to hear you're still feeling crappy. That's great that you are getting it checked out on Monday. Try not to be too hard on yourself between now and then on the SW front, it's very hard to stick to plan 100% if you're feeling unwell and worrying on top of that too I'm sure. Take care and hope you get to the bottom of it x

Aw thanks :) Well I was summoned to return for blood tests etc which was this morning. He thinks I'm anaemic and is also checking my thyroid. Apparently there can be a link between thyroid problems and a condition I already have, retinitis pigmentosa (involves the eyes). I'll have the results back on Monday and until then I'm eating small regular meals to keep myself from any dizzy/faint episodes as much as I can, including more carbs (which I was limiting substantially) and relaxing a little on the syns front for now (not much, just not being quite so strict, need to allow extra energy as my implant has had me on a permanent star week for a fortnight now!).

WI is tomorrow regardless and I think I've stayed the same, though my scales did say 10st 7 the other day which might indicate I'm still losing. I'm being relaxed about it though, very happy for the last stone to come off super slowly as long as my health is ok! I have so much going on I can't afford to be fecking ill lol.

Back