Here I go....

Ok so im starting a diary as i feel itl help to talk about 'things' that are going on and my feelings as well as maybe get some advice from other people and more importantly, some encouragement hopefully as i feel this will help me keep sane :p

A little about me: Im 20 years old and female. I have always been fat. well actually i was slim when i was 10-ish but i dont think that counts for much now :sigh:

Every month i say im going to lose weight but i have never actually managed to do so due to binging and my silly 'il start my diet tommorow' excuses which have led me to putting more weight on if anything. :(

I know i need to lose weight because i feel truly miserable being fat. I dont go out to see friends (who are super slim and beautiful), i dont go out in case i meet my ex (who i am still in love with :eek:) in case he sees me and sees how fat and ugly iv become, i dont feel happy meeting new people, i dont feel like finding a job, im worried il meet old friends who will think eurgh look how gross she is. Basically i feel ashamed of myself and so dont feel like doing anything remotely fun. I am not happy and being fat has a big part to play in me being miserable. I know i shouldnt let it bother me so much but it does, i know people dont care about such trivial things but i do and i know its silly me feeling the way that i do but i cant help being so silly. :sigh:

Anyways, (before i go on even MORE) im guessing whoevers reading this (if anyone is) will be wondering that if it means so much to me and being fat causes me so much misery then why can i not just lose weight. Well i really dont know. I just always gave into food and my greediness rather than thinking stop, this is not going to help me in the long run which indeed it hasnt

So, this is why now i am starting a 'diet' but what im hoping to view as a healthy eating and losing weight long term plan.
I want to be able to go out and enjoy myself, i want to be noticed by my ex for being who i am and not because im the fat ex of his, i want to not ever have to worry about my being fat in whatever i do. I want to get my self esteem back and be happy.. and this time is the time i will do it with the help of minimins :)

I do hope no ones fallen asleep whilst they were reading this... if you have, please feel free to say hi after your nap :p

So here goes my journey to lose 5 stones.. 7/8 stones of weight, here i comeee :cool:

Start date: 10/04/2011

Last edited:
Hello and welcome :)

You'll find lots of support and advice on here. Everyone is friendly and we are 'all in the same boat'.

I too have no self esteem, no confindence and turn down all invites to go to parties and events, but am a lot heavier than you, and this is the time it is going to work, and I am going to do it! I am changing my lifestyle...forever! I find writing in my diary on here every day really helps and keeps me focused. I am 'going it alone' with healthy eating, exercise and willpower, its not always easy, but it will be so worth it!
Sorry to hear about your relationship, but the most important person in all this is YOU and you are the person you are doing it for. If your ex is meant to be back in your life, it will happen. In the meantime, just concentrate on making yourself feel good, inside and outside. If your ex really is the one for you, he'll be back, if not, with your new found confidence and self belief, one day, when the time is right, you will meet someone else, believe me you will...most women on here (and men) will agree with that I think?
Look after yourself and keep posting, I look forward to chatting with you. :)

Hi there.
Im 22 and after finishing uni i had put on alot of weight, i decided to loose it, even after loosing a stone i felt soo much happier and confident. are you following a particular diet? i have tried all sorts and settled with slimming world, it works really well for me. Whatever you are doing make sure you are getting support from family or friends, or even of minimins!
have you got any goals to spur you on? you could maybe make out a list of goals/targets. good luck and let us know how you are getting on! xxx

Hello and welcome :)

You'll find lots of support and advice on here. Everyone is friendly and we are 'all in the same boat'.

I too have no self esteem, no confindence and turn down all invites to go to parties and events, but am a lot heavier than you, and this is the time it is going to work, and I am going to do it! I am changing my lifestyle...forever! I find writing in my diary on here every day really helps and keeps me focused. I am 'going it alone' with healthy eating, exercise and willpower, its not always easy, but it will be so worth it!
Sorry to hear about your relationship, but the most important person in all this is YOU and you are the person you are doing it for. If your ex is meant to be back in your life, it will happen. In the meantime, just concentrate on making yourself feel good, inside and outside. If your ex really is the one for you, he'll be back, if not, with your new found confidence and self belief, one day, when the time is right, you will meet someone else, believe me you will...most women on here (and men) will agree with that I think?
Look after yourself and keep posting, I look forward to chatting with you. :)

Aw thank you :) well your just as determined as me! and too right, we will do it and gain our self esteem back. i sure do understand that it has to be done for me and indeed i am doing it for me as i know this will make me happier. Getting the ex to notice me again would be an added bonus as i know this will make me happy. I am not focussing on getting him back but it would be nice if he wanted me back and not a one way thing where im still in love with him and he ignores me :eek: but i am doing this solely for me and my happiness. Thankyou for your post. I hope to keep chatting to you too. :D Its nice to have someone to talk to who is also going through the same journey and understands as i have not mentioned me trying to lose weight to anyone. :)

whilst I commend you on making a start to a healthier and slimmer you, is seven stone a realistic goal weight? Unless you are very petite, its very low - according to the BMI charts, if you are any taller than 4 foot 11 you would be underweight at seven stone...

there is a bmi chart here...

Hi sonya. Im quite short, im 5 foot 1 so 7 stone and some pounds is not actually classed as underweight for me. i would be in the normal category and i wouldnt ever want to be underweight. im not a big fan of being extra skinny, i would just like to maintain a normal weight. Plus i dont think il probably go down to 7 stone anyways as im going to stop at the weight i feel happy at and this is likely to be 8 stone or so. Therefore although 7 stones is my absolute goal i probably will stop a stone before. Thanks for your concern and post though :)

Hi there.
Im 22 and after finishing uni i had put on alot of weight, i decided to loose it, even after loosing a stone i felt soo much happier and confident. are you following a particular diet? i have tried all sorts and settled with slimming world, it works really well for me. Whatever you are doing make sure you are getting support from family or friends, or even of minimins!
have you got any goals to spur you on? you could maybe make out a list of goals/targets. good luck and let us know how you are getting on! xxx

Hi LornaGrace. Its nice to hear youv lost a stone, cannot wait til im losing stones! :D And feeling happier and confident as you did, i miss that feeling :eek:
Im following a healthy eating/calorie controlled diet as i feel this one will be the best for me. plus i dont have the money to spend on other diets so its the cheap and simple road for me :)

I dont have any particular goals but i do have clothes that dont fit that im hoping to fit in to after iv lost some weight, im hoping to have days out with friends and such and a new haircut when iv lost weight. Very little goals i know but its the simple things my weight has put me off doing :eek:

Thank you for the good luck as im going to need it! :D I also wish you good luck on your weight loss journey. Do let me know how its going and pop in for a chat. Thankyou for your lovely post. Its nice to have such encouragement from all you ladies :)

12-04-11

Todays my third day of being on a diet and i have to say its going smoothly. Dont feel negative as i usualy do and my thinking is, i might not like it but it doesnt matter im going to have to keep going, regardless of how i feel and it seems this is working for me :D

Eaten food:
Morning- didnt get a chance to eat
Afternoon- Boiled rice and lentils
Evening- will be bread and boiled egg most probably.

Hello

hope you are having a good day :)

I too don't 'talk' about my weight or diets with family and friends, well apart from hubby who knows I am dieting and is very supportive, but he doesn't even know what I weigh!!!!! :eek: yet I tell everyone on here all my thoughts and emotions! ;)

Good idea to reward yourself along the way with non food treats :) hairdo's, nail polish, small piece of jewellery etc, you are worth it!
Try to eat something for breakfast, even if it is a cereal bar on the go or something, as it will kickstart your metabolism for the day..and as I've been told for many years, it really is the most important meal of the day, and stops you snacking with hunger. Even a fruit salad prepared the night before, kept in the fridge overnight can be grabbed as you rush out in the morning, or a banana from the fruit bowl is better than nothing at all :)

Good idea to fill up at mealtimes with veg and fruit too along with your meal, 5 a day and all that. You have to be careful to eat enough as too little will fool your body into starvation mode and it holds on to all fat reserves, so watch your portion sizes too and eat enough to kick start everything... and bottles of water will keep you hydrated throughout the day. I write my menu in my dairy on here every day, if you manage a look at it, it might give you some ideas to avoid you getting bored along the way. On my 1st page of my diary is a list of all the reasons why I am doing this, it keeps me focused!

Sensible to reach the weight you feel comfortable with and then stop and maintain, you have the right attitude.

I am no expert by any means, but I feel I've been dieting for a hundred years and learned a lot along the way, but this time is the last time...DEFINATELY!

Good luck, have a successful day :)

Hello

I too don't 'talk' about my weight or diets with family and friends, well apart from hubby who knows I am dieting and is very supportive, but he doesn't even know what I weigh!!!!! :eek: yet I tell everyone on here all my thoughts and emotions! ;)

Good idea to reward yourself along the way with non food treats :) hairdo's, nail polish, small piece of jewellery etc, you are worth it!
Try to eat something for breakfast, even if it is a cereal bar on the go or something, as it will kickstart your metabolism for the day..and as I've been told for many years, it really is the most important meal of the day, and stops you snacking with hunger. Even a fruit salad prepared the night before, kept in the fridge overnight can be grabbed as you rush out in the morning, or a banana from the fruit bowl is better than nothing at all :)

Good idea to fill up at mealtimes with veg and fruit too along with your meal, 5 a day and all that. You have to be careful to eat enough as too little will fool your body into starvation mode and it holds on to all fat reserves, so watch your portion sizes too and eat enough to kick start everything... and bottles of water will keep you hydrated throughout the day. I write my menu in my dairy on here every day, if you manage a look at it, it might give you some ideas to avoid you getting bored along the way. On my 1st page of my diary is a list of all the reasons why I am doing this, it keeps me focused!

Sensible to reach the weight you feel comfortable with and then stop and maintain, you have the right attitude.

I am no expert by any means, but I feel I've been dieting for a hundred years and learned a lot along the way, but this time is the last time...DEFINATELY!

haha its funny that we dont tell the people closest to us and yet dont mind telling total strangers! :D I think it might have something to do with the fact that my friends are all ultra slim and i dont feel they can relate at all. But am sure having a supportive husband is great.. i hope to have one one day ;)

I actually have lots and lots of jewellery, beautiful cardigans, clothes etc etc that i have at home which are brand new as they have never been worn because iv never felt as if there is any point wearing them so although it would be nice to do some shopping.. itd be a waste of money as i already have many of the above things at home. Those i think will be my treats when i do lose some weight :D but the haircut i am definetly getting as soon as im 9 stones! can you believe iv never actually been to a hairdressers for a haircut? :eek: quite embarassing but there you go...

Yep you do have a great point there about the breakfast and i too have read countless of times about how important it is. Its just that i dont like eating anything til the afternoon and i never usually do. Its a really bad habit of mine but one which i am going to try to break :cool: All the other points are very well said too. i have to keep reminding myself to actually eat more :eek: i always feel that i need to eat less to lose more weight but i know thats not the case.

Oh you have a diary too? id love to look at it! whats it called?
and yes, this time will definetly be your time to shineee! and mine too please :)

Hello

haha its funny that we dont tell the people closest to us and yet dont mind telling total strangers! :D I think it might have something to do with the fact that my friends are all ultra slim and i dont feel they can relate at all. But am sure having a supportive husband is great.. i hope to have one one day ;)

I actually have lots and lots of jewellery, beautiful cardigans, clothes etc etc that i have at home which are brand new as they have never been worn because iv never felt as if there is any point wearing them so although it would be nice to do some shopping.. itd be a waste of money as i already have many of the above things at home. Those i think will be my treats when i do lose some weight :D but the haircut i am definetly getting as soon as im 9 stones! can you believe iv never actually been to a hairdressers for a haircut? :eek: quite embarassing but there you go...

Yep you do have a great point there about the breakfast and i too have read countless of times about how important it is. Its just that i dont like eating anything til the afternoon and i never usually do. Its a really bad habit of mine but one which i am going to try to break :cool: All the other points are very well said too. i have to keep reminding myself to actually eat more :eek: i always feel that i need to eat less to lose more weight but i know thats not the case.

Oh you have a diary too? Id love to have a look at it! whats it called?
and yes, this time will definetly be your time to shineee! and mine too please :)

Back