here is to getting my life and weight back on track

Mikaa

hello i am new to the forums!
i was in a psychiatric hospital for 5 months and in those 5 months gained 5 stone :(
chips would be on the menu for every meal there was nothing healthy to select from
due to putting on so much weight in a short amount of time
i cant walk more than a couple minutes without my back absolutely killing me my lower back that is
will my back pain go if i lose 3 stone to start with? i just want to be able to walk for the summer
im so depressed im in the house 24/7 cannot go out since i cant walk without being in incredible pain
i lost 4 pounds my first week weighed 2 days later and put on 2 pound i dont know how i stuck to the plan
guess it just goes like that but im still motivated!
thanks for reading

Welcome to Minimins,

How about doing some chair exercises to start with? Some gentle leg lifts and arm exercises.

Well done on losing the 4lbs in your first week. I would try not to weigh until it's weigh day until you got a bit further into your weight loss as you may get annoyed with yourself if you find after a couple of days the scales read wrong. Our weight fluctuates daily so you may find that 2lb has come off.

Welcome Mikka to MiniMins. Congratulations on your weight loss you have made a good start. I was experiencing bad back pain but since I have lost 3 stone it has helped reduce my pain. I can't guarantee that losing the weight will see the back pain gone but it could help. I am disabled so many exercises are way too hard for me. But I do some gentle exercises laying on bed and sitting in chair. But I use the rule of thumb if it hurts too much I stop. But doing a few exercises has strengthen my core and helped my back. Our weight can go up and down it could be something as simple as you ate something salty so body retained fluid. As long as you stayed on plan things will sort out. I have gained weight yet I stayed on plan. But the following few weeks I would lose it.

Hi Mikaa. How are you doing? I look forward to keeping you company.

Welcome Mikka to MiniMins. Congratulations on your weight loss you have made a good start. I was experiencing bad back pain but since I have lost 3 stone it has helped reduce my pain. I can't guarantee that losing the weight will see the back pain gone but it could help. I am disabled so many exercises are way too hard for me. But I do some gentle exercises laying on bed and sitting in chair. But I use the rule of thumb if it hurts too much I stop. But doing a few exercises has strengthen my core and helped my back. Our weight can go up and down it could be something as simple as you ate something salty so body retained fluid. As long as you stayed on plan things will sort out. I have gained weight yet I stayed on plan. But the following few weeks I would lose it.
sorry for the late reply! i forgot the website name only now logged on
i still have back pain but im able to walk in a shop with moderate pain not like before where i couldnt move properly!
i go swimming twice a day for 90 minutes.. and i think thats where its helping me!
since starting my diet ive lost 17 pounds! my aim is to get to 12 stone.. currently 21 stone 7 was 22 stone 10 im getting there!!

i still have very bad pain when walking more than 8 minutes but it has improved from the 3 minutes i could only walk

i still have very bad pain when walking more than 8 minutes but it has improved from the 3 minutes i could only walk
I sorry to hear that you have bad pain in your back. I feel for you as I have been there, I did find an atens unit helpful rather than taking painkillers which I seem to be getting more sensitive to the older I get. Now they just sedate me and make me wobbly on my feet. I don't need anymore wobble, I wobble and waddle enough as it is with having MS :rotflmao: But I am pleased to see that you have made little improvements in the amount of time walking without severe pain. It looks favourable the more you lose the pain will lessen somewhat. You are doing well losing over a stone already. The pounds lost do add up, I can attest to that. I haven't lost very many big chunks I tend to lose 1lb or 2lb per week. the most I have lost in a week was 4lb, Haven't got a scooby where that figure came from as I did nothing different lol

Glad to hear your walking endurance has got better

As you lose weight that may improve even faster

All you can do is stick to your plan

Best of luck xx

Back