Here we go again!

Been there done that...all the promises "it won't happen again", "I'll change", the hidden bottles and the million "I'm sorry" s. The constant feeling of unease when you are at a social occasion that yet again they are going to make a scene.The amount of money that is wasted with nothing to show for it but unhappiness. It will get better I promise x You need to put yourself first and make the most of your life :hug99:

Aww you too :( It's horrible. I finally saw the light after his perforated duodenum and he went back to drinking as soon as he got home. I knew it was only going to get worse and worse.

Thanks Weebuns. 4 more days of torture and he's outta here. Good news is I'm teetering on the 10 stone zone. Never though I'd see that again. xx

Good luck on starting this new phase of your life as an under 11 stone single woman. I hope moving out day goes without a hitch.

Down to 10 stone 10 lb now. A combination of healthy eating, not eating and ex still living here stress. Roll on a week tomorrow when he goes.

At least there's a bright side to what's going on in your life currently! :)

I'm pretty much done...At goal...probably need to lose another 10 lb but not in any rush. xx Ex has gone, divorce nearly through, met the love of my life too soon, you know how it is but life is good now.

Weight still the same. Moving house in November to North Yorks. Ex is having our house and the boys. ( their choice and he's doing OK with them) I'm going in rented. Freedom:) DA through on 20th November. It's been quite a year one way or another.

Down to 9 st 10 lb now. I've lost 72 lbs. It's been a long slow slog but it was worth it. My only beef is my stomach is like a jelly but I'm hoping the skin will firm up in time. I feel better in myself, have more energy, wear size 10s. Down side is my brain never caught up and I still think of myself as a fat person and my confidence isn't great. Divorce is final. I met a fabulous bloke but he says I'm not his type even tho he is very friendly. It knocked me a bit cos I must have completely misread him but onwards and upwards.

Well that didn't last long. I've put a lot back on. Basically a stone a year. Ive been travelling around Europe and the weight crept back. I've just had 3 weeks on SW and it nearly killed me. Too much food, too much veg and far too much fruit. It played havoc with my ibs so...despite my misgivings cos I clearly can't stick to it am back for another go. My best combi for my ibs is fatty food an up days and nothing on down. I am not great with gluten or some dairy either. If anyone is still here come and say hello :) Today is a down day and Ive had a coffee with sugar free syrup.

Back again. I fractured my foot a year ago at Spa F1 and it played havoc with my mobility. It's still unstable and still hurts. I had Covid in March, while in Berlin and when I got home the weight dropped off. However I've been in lockdown since. A brief spell at work last week ( which was too much for me even part time) and now am back in quarantine as adult son now has Covid. My motivation is zero. I am isolated and depressed tbh. My GP. took my blood after the first lockdown and my cholesterol is still Ok ish at 5.8, (tho is was only 4 when I was fasting all the time) but my kidney function is teethering on needing dialysis again. I am also dairy intolerant now and have chronic fatigue from Covid.

A typical days food is:-

cereal with soya milk and a piece of fruit...usually around lunchtime as during lockdown I am not hungry.
evening meal is usually something like shepherds pie and veg, or chicken curry and rice I make myself. All low fat.
Sometime a glass of wine later..usually not as I cannot go out so whatever I buy has to arrive with the online shop.
I try to eat apples and raw veg but I need my teeth sorting out. There has been no dentist open for months. My vices are crisps but I limit mself to one bag. I can't eat cheese, chocolate, cream or milk anymore. I do buy lactose free yogurt to eat with fruit now and then.

I know I have gained. Size 16 jeans are a squeeze. I just don't know how much. I am not ready to face the scales cos I am seriously not eating that much, don't think I can eat much less really, and cannot up my mobility anymore than I have as the moment as am not actually allowed out even if my foot was up to it. I've no garden and live in a tiny flat so exercise is an issue.

My plan is to start fasting again. Mondays,Wednesdays and Fridays. So that's my first tomorrow. However before I start I have to get weighed.

So the grand weigh in. I weight exactly what I did when I started 15/09/12. 14st 2 lb. 7 years ago. Not surprised and very doubtfuI can keep it off this time round either. I carry a lot of water weight due to my kidney failure. My goal is to lose 2 stone before Christmas when my friend is coming to stay.

Last edited:
Up day food :-

2 slices of toast and marmalade
a banana
small bowl of home made beef stew made inslow cooker, lowfat
egg sandwich made with egg and low fat mayo
2 small glasses of dry white wine

Back