Here we go!

mmmm no idea my guess would be that its probably a bit salty and too much salt can lead to water retention :S maybe email s & s

Nicpic said:
Thanks Bridie. Will do :)

Let us know the answer as I would like to know if it's allowed!

Hiya :)
Don't think bovril due to salt but you can have reduced salt bouillon. It's made by Marigold and available from Waitrose, I've also got it from sainsburys in free from section. Just make sure it's reduced salt.
Cottage pie with added garlic powder, curry powder and bouillon is lovely. Def worth trying your fav herbs and spices to adapt to your tastebuds :)

Wishing you loads of luck xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Loopeylou said:
Don't think bovril due to salt but you can have reduced salt bouillon. It's made by Marigold and available from Waitrose, I've also got it from sainsburys in free from section. Just make sure it's reduced salt.
Cottage pie with added garlic powder, curry powder and bouillon is lovely. Def worth trying your fav herbs and spices to adapt to your tastebuds :)

What does the reduced salt one look like? I ave marigold bouillon and I wonder if it's the wrong one?

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

biggusburdus said:
What does the reduced salt one look like? I ave marigold bouillon and I wonder if it's the wrong one?

This is the one I use :)
I also have the same but Organic too x

Attachments

• image-4143419144.jpg
    image-4143419144.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 17
Loopeylou said:

Thanks for that. Think I've got some in the cupboard actually :)

Oh b&@EUR$ I have bought and been using the wrong one! Maybe that's why I didnt do so well last week!

biggusburdus said:
Oh b&@EUR$ I have bought and been using the wrong one! Maybe that's why I didnt do so well last week!

Meant to also say thanks but I am just soo angry now!

Loopeylou said:
The salt levels in the other could cause more fluid retention so may be a cause.... Better to find out now ;) xx

I haven't used it this week, I also feel better for it! Ho hum, now I know so I will be going out o buy the purple one instead!
Oh joy!

Loopeylou said:

Without meaning to sound stupid, do you just add the powder to the cottage pie? I bought some of that the other day and have got cottage pie for tea tomorrow so thought I'd check x

Hi, got through 2nd day ya hay !!!! Sorry to be a bit thick, but someone till me what Bouillon is ?? And also i know some veg is okay but i dont dare have it cause not allowed on other vlcd so how come okay on s&s ? I not sure if i can trust myself to have veg and it not lead to somthing else !!

Welshtigger said:
Without meaning to sound stupid, do you just add the powder to the cottage pie? I bought some of that the other day and have got cottage pie for tea tomorrow so thought I'd check x

I stir it into the dry mix before adding water and microwaving :) x

Want2bmini said:
Hi, got through 2nd day ya hay !!!! Sorry to be a bit thick, but someone till me what Bouillon is ?? And also i know some veg is okay but i dont dare have it cause not allowed on other vlcd so how come okay on s&s ? I not sure if i can trust myself to have veg and it not lead to somthing else !!

Well done on getting through day 2 :)
Bouillon is a stock / savoury drink. It tastes like chicken noodle soup without the noodles to me lol

Veg is part of the plan so use it if you need to, I monitor my carb intake via My Fitness Pal and stay below 60g to ensure I stay in Ketosis ( some can get away with more but I don't want to push it now I'm in )
I can have 4 packs and veg, sometimes may not have all veg though depending on what meal I pick. Salad leaves are the lowest carbs and you get alot for 50g!! :)
Hope that helps xx

Hi loopeylou, thanks for that, still a little unsure about the 60g of carbs ( im not even blonde ) do u mean an extra 60g on top of pks ? Cause looked at info on some packs and they have between 11-20g of carbs, so if u had 4 pks of some u would already be over 60g. Thanks for your help xx

Want2bmini said:
Hi loopeylou, thanks for that, still a little unsure about the 60g of carbs ( im not even blonde ) do u mean an extra 60g on top of pks ? Cause looked at info on some packs and they have between 11-20g of carbs, so if u had 4 pks of some u would already be over 60g. Thanks for your help xx

The 60g is for everything you eat in a day including packs. The original oatmeal has about 8g of carbs - so 4 of those would be 32g and you would have lots of room for veggies! But the new spag bol is around 21g. It's unlikely you would eat 4 in a day (for brekkie?!) but if you did there's not a lot of spare carbs going for veggies/milk. Some people can have up to 100g of carbs a day and stay in ketosis so that might be fine for you. I use My Fitness Pal - which contains all of the SnS packs - I put in the packs I intend to have and the veggies I want in advance and check that overall I'll be below 60g.

weasey said:
The 60g is for everything you eat in a day including packs. The original oatmeal has about 8g of carbs - so 4 of those would be 32g and you would have lots of room for veggies! But the new spag bol is around 21g. It's unlikely you would eat 4 in a day (for brekkie?!) but if you did there's not a lot of spare carbs going for veggies/milk. Some people can have up to 100g of carbs a day and stay in ketosis so that might be fine for you. I use My Fitness Pal - which contains all of the SnS packs - I put in the packs I intend to have and the veggies I want in advance and check that overall I'll be below 60g.

Great advice. Thanks. I'll download the app now. How fab that all the packs are in there?! :)

Oh, thanks so much !!! Will have a look at my fitness pal and do the same thing, then i will know if i can have some veg. Day 3 today so would be nice to have some :)

Back