Here's a challenge to think of little non-food treats :D

missjelly

Silver Member
So, we all know that there's more motivation to be had when there's something to look forward to right? Losing lb after lb gets depressing when there's no obvious light approaching.

But, when we have a treat to look forward to at various points in the journey it gets a lot easier to carry on and keep going :) however considering how most of us got here in the first place, it's easy to immediately make those treats the food variety - putting us back where we started.

SO... I challenge us all to think of non-food treats to reward ourselves with at the next 5lbs or the first whole sole-source week or whatever else you have as a mini-goal :D

Here's a couple of mine to get started and hopefully this'll turn into a nice little collection of the little things that keep us on track :D

1) Getting my nails done at a store (rather than a rush job at home:p)
2) Buy a romantic novel and soak in the bath till I reach the last page and come out looking like a prune
3) When dropping a whole dress size, buy a matching set of sexy underwear - it makes you feel gorgeous and motivates you on to the next dress size..

Now, get adding :D

1, get a nice haircut
2, get some new clothes :D

2, get some new clothes :D

This is why I'm broke! The more sizes I change, the more clothes I must buy... and the smaller the size, the more choice I have so the more clothes I must buy!

:D I never thought I'd love clothes this much :D

4) For a big goal, I want a tattoo but the area I want it is a bit jiggly at the moment so - when that's flat, I get the tattoo.
5) When I hit the 'weight limit' I'm booking a horse hack :D (haven't been able to go as was too heavy)
6) A pair of heels to go with the new slimline ankles ;)
7) For each 7lbs, an evening of 'pampering' :) - bubble bath, nails, hair, face, all the things I don't give myself time for day to day

i treated myself to a tattoo at 4 stone lost, when i reach 6 stone im going to get it added too.

unfortunatly i treat myself to nails/hair/underwear/clothes all the time lol

For every 1lb I lose, I put £1 in a jar. When I lose half a stone, I'm going to buy myself a pandora style bracelet and for every half stone thereafter I will buy myself a little charm :)

I'm going to treat myself to new hair cut when I get to the 2 stone mark. Little treats though out my 4 stone loss will be massage, new clothes - best start saving.

My end of the road goal is to buy myself a complete outfit from Top Shop!

The only thing I've ever been able to buy from there is ankle socks :) They go to a 14 but it's more like a 12 so... It seemed like a good 'final' goal :D

Hmm, what else...

I like the idea of saving a pound for a lb... I wish I was able to keep up with things like that but I don't have 'real' money (everything is card) so I find it odd that I'd have to get money out and keep it safe while it moved to another pile every so often lol...

Can anyone think of non-cost 'treats'?

I was bought a pandora bracelet and one charm when I lost my first stone. In 6lbs time, my second stone has gone and I get a second charm.

The nice thing is that because I wear it quite a lot, it's a constant reminder of how well I'm doing. It's a great motivator :)

I've got a Chamilia bracelet and I'm planning on buying a new charm every for every 7lbs that I lose!

Will *hopefully* be off to buy one in 3lbs time haha!

My husband has bought me a Paul's Boutique bag as a well done for losing my first stone :D xxxx

This might seem excessive but for every lb I lose, I put £10 aside for new underwear. So everytime I lose a stone I can go to bravissimmo to buy a few sets in a smaller size :)

For every stone, I'd like a piece of MAC makeup... eyeshadow, lipstick, blusher...

They're just 'special' enough to be a treat worth working for :)

Back