Hev & Bev's 12 week countdown to target- Everyone welcome!!!

Yes I am seriously considering it! I used to be 9.5 too Bev but that was nearly 7 years ago and my body has changed so much since then. There is no way I am anywhere near being skin and bone - I've attached a couple of pictures so you can see - I can actually bear to look at piccies now so that's a good sign! Still got a belly and wobbly arms but I'm in the 30's now :p :p As far as BMI goes, 10 stone would be a BMI of 21.9 so smack bag in the centre of the healthy range so no harm there, certainly a good stone or so away from being at the lower end. I will keep thinking though - just seems like a bit of a cop out to have come this far - but I'll let you know. Thanks for any advice. I'll stop hi-jacking now……..;)

Twit twoo...pole dancing eh?! lol!!! Wow Kat you look gorgeous in those photos!! Very attractive and SLIM!!! I would say a perfect figure!! Who wants to be skinny anyway? Much more attractive and healthy to keep some curves, and the good news is that yours are totally in the right places!! A BMI of 22 sounds like a fantastic place to be! You do what you think is best- you could keep 10st as your upper limit and hover just under it, 9st 11 and upwards but recognising it's time to pull back a little whenever you see that 10 on the scales!!X

Yes I am seriously considering it! I used to be 9.5 too Bev but that was nearly 7 years ago and my body has changed so much since then. There is no way I am anywhere near being skin and bone - I've attached a couple of pictures so you can see - I can actually bear to look at piccies now so that's a good sign! Still got a belly and wobbly arms but I'm in the 30's now :p :p As far as BMI goes, 10 stone would be a BMI of 21.9 so smack bag in the centre of the healthy range so no harm there, certainly a good stone or so away from being at the lower end. I will keep thinking though - just seems like a bit of a cop out to have come this far - but I'll let you know. Thanks for any advice. I'll stop hi-jacking now……..;)
Agreed - you don't look skinny but boy - you look fab chica! :happy096:

Ain't no hijack - that's what this thread is all about. Supporting each other to whatever our goal may be.

And I spit on your 7 years. It's over 35 years since I weighed 9st 5 :eek:

Go for whatever you feel comfortable with but I suspect there are already an awful lot of wolf whistles and eyes turning in your direction already!!

Agreed - you don't look skinny but boy - you look fab chica! :happy096:

Ain't no hijack - that's what this thread is all about. Supporting each other to whatever our goal may be.

And I spit on your 7 years. It's over 35 years since I weighed 9st 5 :eek:

Go for whatever you feel comfortable with but I suspect there are already an awful lot of wolf whistles and eyes turning in your direction already!!

I've never weighed as little as 9st 5lbs as an adult :eek:

I've never weighed as little as 9st 5lbs as an adult :eek:

Nor me!! I was well into the 10 stone range at the age of 16 (18 year ago) and haven't been 10 stone anything since 16 for that matter! I know for a fact that at 19 when I came to Swansea for uni I was 13 stone something! That's why being 10 stone something will be such a momentous thing for me!X

Well its not for me to say as we're all such different shapes, bone structures and everything, but at 5'6 my Target is 10st10, BMI of 24.2 so 10 stone flat for someone an inch taller must be very slim! It must be towards the lower end of a healthy BMI! You have to stop when you're ready and comfortable in your skin and not when other people advise you to! If you are doing everything you can and really finding it hard to shift any weight then this may be a sign from your bod that its time to leave it there and maybe just concentrate on exercising and timing! X

Ha, I meant 'toning' not 'timing' by the way, incase you thought I was a weirdo...perish the thought lol!!X

Nor me!! I was well into the 10 stone range at the age of 16 (18 year ago) and haven't been 10 stone anything since 16 for that matter! I know for a fact that at 19 when I came to Swansea for uni I was 13 stone something! That's why being 10 stone something will be such a momentous thing for me!X

Being anywhere in the 10s (even 10st 13lbs) would suit me fine. 8 years ago, when I was 44, I weighed 10st 10lbs and I was a size 10 bottom and 14 top (I am very top heavy!) - I looked and felt fabulous and would be ecstatic to be that weight again.

When I got married 5 years ago at 47 I weighed 11st 6lbs and nobody would believe I weighed that much. I had custom made leather trousers (we got married on bikes so no meringue for me!) and they were a size 11 (a small 12 or large 10 depending how you like to look at it) and my corset was a size 14 and laced up edge to edge.

TBH just to get into the 11s would be a real milestone for me, but being a tortoise loser I can't even see that happening at the moment :( Still, I am determined not to give up or get down about it, just keep chipping away for however long it takes!

Hi Annya!! How cool, getting married on a motor bike!!! You will get back into the 11s hun, its just making sure you take this a day at a time knowing that you would do it in a week. Sometimes it is hard work but you have all these lovlies on here to help and you sound determined to get there so im sure it'll be sooner than you think!!

Before i got into the 11s i hadnt been there since i was 11 years old!! It is an amazing feeling and well worth the wait and the effort!! xx

Being anywhere in the 10s (even 10st 13lbs) would suit me fine. 8 years ago, when I was 44, I weighed 10st 10lbs and I was a size 10 bottom and 14 top (I am very top heavy!) - I looked and felt fabulous and would be ecstatic to be that weight again.

When I got married 5 years ago at 47 I weighed 11st 6lbs and nobody would believe I weighed that much. I had custom made leather trousers (we got married on bikes so no meringue for me!) and they were a size 11 (a small 12 or large 10 depending how you like to look at it) and my corset was a size 14 and laced up edge to edge.

TBH just to get into the 11s would be a real milestone for me, but being a tortoise loser I can't even see that happening at the moment :( Still, I am determined not to give up or get down about it, just keep chipping away for however long it takes!

Well Annya, from one tortoise loser to another, you WILL do it! It's taken me nearly 2 years to get to where I am (6 lbs from Target!) I think a lot of it is pure patience and lots of organisation! But frustrating though it's been at times, I'm so glad I've done it slowly because I really have enjoyed myself and had a life! I know I wouldn't still be here and following the plan if I hadn't allowed myself treats and weeks off!!

Nice to talk to another top heavy gal who understands! I started at 38JJ! I'm now 30H!! So still very top heavy but somehow they look so much smaller (in a bra)! It's when I take my bra off that I realise they're still ridiculously heavy!! They've always been a real bugbear of mine but when I wear the right clothes I actually feel quite good!!

The leather trousers and corset on your wedding day sounds fabulous!!! What a great idea! Very Sandy from Grease lol!!!XXX

I was a skinny minny!

At 17 when I went to college I was 5'2" and weighed 7 st dead. 5 months later I was 5'7½" and 10 st on the nail (late developer you know!). Put another 2 stone on over the next 2 years. Poor t'other half - he was a lot taller than me when I met him and I almost caught him up!

After I left college I wanted to be skinny for the wedding so dieted like mad to get back down to 10 st and forgot to stop. Got married at age 20 weighing 9 st 5 and stayed at that weight for another few years. Slowly went up to 10 st 5 and stayed at that weight until my hysterectomy in 1991 (aged 36) and, as they say, never looked back again!

I'll be happy now at the ripe old age of 56 to see an 11 on the scales!!!! :D

Katerpillar you look absolutely gorgeous as you are! Its up to you when you call target, i would base it more on how you feel in your clothes/confidence than himm-ing and haa-ing over a few lbs. We all know how psychologically those extra few lbs can make the difference though!

PS I leave you in charge of the ship. Take good care of it captain! (just for the one week though til you jump ship too)

Last edited:
2.5lbs off for me tonight :D

i made britmums sweet potato, broccoli and cheddar patties for our taster evening and they went down a storm!

Emm - start your WW plan and you'll be fine,

Ninnins - way to go! Back on track big time!

Emmeline, focus focus focus!! Make a commitment to yourself to have just one 100% day! I bet you'll be so pleased with yourself by the end of the day that you'll want to do another one...and so on!! It often works for me when I need to get back on track again!!

Ninnins WAY TO GO!!!! That's a fantastic loss!!!XXXXXXXXXX

Not looking fwd to weigh in tomorrow! Tues evenings are now nothing more than slow dread!!! But i will carry on though, can't wait to get my stone award and then my club 10 award need to lose 1lb for one then 3lb for the other!! I just wish i could lay off the syns!!! Ggggrrrrr damn them, and all their lovely sweet, tasty sugary, goodness!!! I even considered eating a choc raisin i dropped on the floor in work today! I have locked the rest of the packet in the safe at work lols!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

weigh in tonight, after a 12 hour shift, have had my coffee for the morning so am going to switch to green tea for the rest of the day.

will be a weigh and go tonight cos it'll not be my usual group, and I'm often disappointed with other groups and wish I hadn't stayed.

Will check in tonight with my loss....

good luck all other wednesday weighers x

Well done on the loss ninnins!!

Good luck for tonight Kerry and all other wednesday weighers.

Im reporting a very disappointing yet thoroughly deserved 2.5lb on, I drank cider for 2 days straight and wasnt eating the best i could.

So back SW red days for me this week!! Hopefully i can undo the damage done!! xx

Thanks pesty! Cider is evil! Its what i had been drinking when i put on too. Vodka and mixers all the way from now on. Saying that im considering driving on Friday night so the vodka wont even be there!

Not a bad plan Nins!! Only trouble with me and vodka is that i drink like a fish so can only drink it wen its an evening occasion, I think if i had it for the whole day at a wedding i would be crawling home by 5pm hahaha xx

Back