HEx half and half

Maggie_Sak

Silver Member
Is it true that you can't mix your HExs? For example Half of semi-skimmed milk and half cheese allowance or 1 alpen and 2 1/2 scan bran???

Also can I have my ready brek with 1 scan bran or does it have to be ryvita/oat bran only?

You don't have to eat all your HEXs, there's always confusion about this but it is on the SW website.

I have 3 ryvita crackerbreads & 1 alpen light every day (2 half HEXs).

But I always do EE so does that change everything?

Yes it's perfectly okay to split your HEs

Thanks for the replies guys. That certainly clears up a lot.

I was also wondering if i could have 2 x 4oz jacket potatoes in a day as a HEb instead of an 8oz one. So I suppose, hopefully, the answer is yes

The HEB list just says 8oz baked potato - it doesn't say you have to eat it all in one sitting. It's no different to have two alpen lights but at different times of day.

Having a red day, as i mostly do, and i really find an 8oz potato quite filling so today i had a 4oz one at lunch served with a salad and tuna. I am going to have some steak, mushroom and grilled tomato for tea tonight so thought i would use the other 4ozs of spud. I think sometimes i don't always make use of the HEb's and as they are catered for within the plan i really should have them.

Having a red day, as i mostly do, and i really find an 8oz potato quite filling so today i had a 4oz one at lunch served with a salad and tuna. I am going to have some steak, mushroom and grilled tomato for tea tonight so thought i would use the other 4ozs of spud. I think sometimes i don't always make use of the HEb's and as they are catered for within the plan i really should have them.

:eek::eek: surely that's tiny. I just weighed one and it just about fits in the palm of my hand. I don't understand how you can just eat 4oz in one serving.

But then it's just occurred to me that baking potato will weigh differently to regular potato right? I have never thought to weigh one as I usually do EE. And the potato I just weighed is just regular potato. Does that make sense?

Maggie_Sak said:
:eek::eek: surely that's tiny. I just weighed one and it just about fits in the palm of my hand. I don't understand how you can just eat 4oz in one serving.

But then it's just occurred to me that baking potato will weigh differently to regular potato right? I have never thought to weigh one as I usually do EE. And the potato I just weighed is just regular potato. Does that make sense?

Potato is potato!! As you can bake any kind of potato!! So surely a 4oz baking potato will 'weigh' the same as a 4oz ''regular" potato, it's the same as the LB of feathers/LB of lead debate!
Source:bro in law is a potato egronomist!!

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Potato is potato!! As you can bake any kind of potato!! So surely a 4oz baking potato will 'weigh' the same as a 4oz ''regular" potato, it's the same as the LB of feathers/LB of lead debate!
Source:bro in law is a potato egronomist!!

In that case 227g is really tiny, i suppose you just have to fill up on a lot of super free foods.

So when they say baking potato it can be any, even the red skinned one?

Back