HexA and HexB

RickCov

Hi all,

I'm struggling a bit (sure i'm not the only one) for things to use my HexA and HexB allowances on. Now, its not easy when you don't eat many different things so I wondered if people would like to let others know how/when they use theirs. This way I'm sure people in the same position as me can enjoy/cope with the diet a lot more..

I use my HexA on cheese when I get in from work and have a little cheese and ham. Sometimes will grate it and use it with an omelette or to melt on to chicken or bacon. If you drink milk you can easily use it plain or have it in hot drinks.

You can use your HexB bread to make a sandwich with or just have a HiFi as a snack if you're peckish.

OR you can combine the two and have cereal and milk as your Hex breakfast with some fruit to make it 1/3 superfree. X

Hi all,

I'm struggling a bit (sure i'm not the only one) for things to use my HexA and HexB allowances on. Now, its not easy when you don't eat many different things so I wondered if people would like to let others know how/when they use theirs. This way I'm sure people in the same position as me can enjoy/cope with the diet a lot more..

I am not sure what you mean by "don't eat many different things" and "in the same position as me" - so it is a bit difficult to advise.

Is it that you can't eat certain things, or that you don't like them?

SW is a great plan for encouraging us to try new things.

milk and cereal for mine, or alpen light bars!

I mean I don't eat many things because my taste buds and my brain are not the best of friends! If I try something my taste buds don't like my brain forces me to heave! (Sorry to sound crude) lol. Perhaps if I see how others use theirs I can pick out the bits I like. You with me?

Milk usually for the HEx A (or 1/2 milk, 1/2 cheese)
HExB is usually weetabix (om nom nom), HiFis (wish they were mint ones), Kellogg's fibre plus or baked apples (turned into apple sauce pud - with a muller stirred through!)

Food aversions like that are usually psychological and a hang over from childhood, so perhaps it would be worthwhile persevering with new foods. I didn't eat any fruit before SW - an apple was only good if it was baked in a pie, but I now I eat lots of different types. My family was quite traditional when it came to vegetables but now I like just about everything (apart from cucumber and celery). It was just a case of experimenting with different ones and different ways of cooking them.

I use my healthy extras:

HEA - milk, cheese, parmesan, mozzarella
HEB - bread, crispbreads, cereals, porridge, cereal bars, stewed fruit, more cheese, philadelphia, extra virgin olive oil, nuts, seeds.

Hi all,

I'm still trying to get to grips with the healthy extra subject. Because I work unsociable hours (05:30 start) I do not really have time to make a proper breakfast (I'd rather half an extra 15 mins in bed) lol. So what I did this morning was grab a dark ryvita and a punnet of red grapes, is it ok to split one of my HEB in this way if I have 28g of bran flakes at around 9am?

Hi all,

So what I did this morning was grab a dark ryvita and a punnet of red grapes, is it ok to split one of my HEB in this way if I have 28g of bran flakes at around 9am?

That's fine - you don't need to use them together at the same time - they can be used at any time during the day.

Healthy A for me is pretty much always Milk...but sometimes half cheese (laughing cow extra light triangles) half milk.

B can be: Alpen lights, fibre plus bar, wholegrain crackerbreads or wholemeal bread :)

Brilliant thanks Circes, and everyone else for your help. Thats good news, I don't have to sacrifice sleep to diet SW efficiently lol. I do love this plan!

i use a wholemeal pitta frm co-op and use that as a pizza base for a HEB and then use 28g cheese for my HEA, i just do extra easy days so just have 2 healthy extras. if i dont have that i use them on weetabix and milk. :)

Don't know if you're a dessert person but you can heat a HiFi in the microwave for 10-20 seconds in the microwave and pour gently heated Vanilla Custard Mullerlight over it. It's like a naughty feeling dessert but it's your B choice and Muller is free!

If you want actual custard the low fat is only 2.5-3 syns for a pot.

Chocolate and Fudge Alpen lights are also amazing dunked in coffee and you can have two of those for a B choice. :)

I've heard about this, it sounds amazing. I've placed alpen lights on the shipping list so will definately be trying it, thanks!

Which low fat custard is that then? I have tried Ambrosia but the pots of that are 7 syns I think. Would be interested to know which custard you have for those low syns. Thank you so much

I'm sure in the last SW mag low fat Ambrosia was 3.5 a pot. Could be wrong. Will bob it through the calculator next time I get one. If they're 7 each that would be upsetting!! x

Back