HexA's

Tracey86

Just a quick question, I have asked this in my food diary but I don't think anybody is reading it :eek: so anyway..

If I don't have any milk or cheese in my meals throughout the day, is it ok to use my hexA by having a glass of milk or a cup of warm milk before bed?

I'm doing EE if that makes any difference.

Thank you :)

Yep, as long as you measure it. I struggle with hexa, so I often have 175ml full fat milk in hot chocolate :)

Thank you Crys.

I have been putting cheese on things just for the sake of using up my hexA when I haven't really fancied it so having a cup of warm milk before bed will be a good way of using it up- I love a nice warm drink at bedtime.

Thank you!

xxx

I have used my milk as just a drink this week. Sometimes I just really fancy it! Ice cold glass of skimmed milk. Mmmm. Makes me actually feel like I'm having my calcium too lol

Ooops, sorry- this has had to be moved- I'm sorry, I didn't even see that there was a HEX board.

Thank you large lump, its good to know that you use your milk as a drink too!

Tracey86 said:
Ooops, sorry- this has had to be moved- I'm sorry, I didn't even see that there was a HEX board.

Thank you large lump, its good to know that you use your milk as a drink too!

Yep, I warm my milk too, sometimes I add a tablespoon of cocoa powder - 1 syn & sweetner, which is less sweet and more chocolatey than an options - less syns too of you're happy without the added flavours

Tracey, do you light rice pudding perhaps - that's another way of using some milk and having a really creamy pud at the same time.

I personally measure mine and use twixt cereal in the morning & scrambled eggs/omelettes + use remainder in a choc options/horlicks drink before bed. I have less if I add some grated cheese to any dish (cauliflower cheese).

Sorry for not replying- I totally forgot I'd started this thread- this minimins malarky is taking some getting used too!

Debridger-I'll have to give the cocoa and sweetener I try- thank you!

Minimunchkins- I do like rice pudding yes but wouldn't have a clue where to start making it, maybe I'll have a google. Thats a good idea about measuring for each day, do you just measure the milk allowance into a jug and keep in the fridge for the day? I like that idea!

Thank you

xxx

There are lots of rice pudding recipes in recipe sub-forum so have a look there.

And yes, everyone should be measuring out their milk allowance each day. I put mine in a tupperware type jug with a lid but you could use an empty fizzy juice bottle.

I keep my milk in a 330ml water bottle- tesco and asda do little mineral water bottles, so I drink them and then keep the bottles- they don't leak and can go anywhere.

I have a 250ml diet lemonade bottle with a screw top, think it was a 6 or 8 pack, so I have a couple indoors, leave one at work if I want milk there, and I have 3 or 4 that have different flavour NAS squash at work too - great for the squash, saving buying for work & home

Back