Hey everyone! newbie here! would like to introduce myself :))

lucyxn

Hi everyone,

Im new here (well a lurker that's finally joined) I started my diet 2 weeks ago and have been reading this forum every now and then and saw how much everyone supported each other so decided to join in.

A little about myself....

As long as I can remember ive been over weight.At the start of last year I was my heaviest and ballooned to 18 stone 10lb I remember weighing myself that morning and feeling physically sick for letting my weight get so out of control and immediately started dieting I dropped down to 17 stone 11 within a month but at that time in my life I was very unhappy, breakdown of a relationship and a death of a close friend. I started comfort eating again.
Over 2 months I put all the weight back on again and became very depressed and kinda just accepted I was meant to be overweight.

Over the year things started to pick up again and I felt happy again for the first time in a long time. Without realising I have lost a 2 stone and now weighed 16 stone 11 pounds and I had remained at that weight until 2 weeks ago.

Ive always made excuses for my weight, always put it down to this or that and never took the blame (as if someone else was forcing chocolate down my throat!)

3 weeks ago I went to my gp and told him 'there must be something wrong with me, why am I overweight?' I pushed for tests.. 2 week ago I got a call from the nurse who told me my tests were clear and that my blood pressure was high. That was all I needed to hear. I feel like the first time in my whole life Ive taken responsibly for this and for the first time i feel motivated and know I can do this and wont quit.

Over the last 2 weeks (getting through Christmas and new year) Ive lost 8lbs and have dropped from 16st11 to 16st3 im so excited and I can already tell I have more energy.

I know that I will NEVER put this weight back on and its gone forever.

Ive been eating 1200 calories a day plus the calories I lose from working out. (I walk 30 mins a day) as the weight comes off and it becomes less of a strain on my knees ect I will up my walking then finally turn to jogging eeek!

I know going from such a high weight straight down to 1200 calories can be a bit risky but the nurse at my gp is going to give me a once over every 2 weeks.

So that's my story.. Sorry it turned into a bit of a essay!

I wish you all good luck with your journeys and hope to get to know you soon!

Lucy xx

Back