Hey everyone newbie here!!

Ness0607

My names Vanessa (ness) I'm a busy mum of 2 and just about to go back to work after maternity leave.

I've always been big my whole life the smallest I can remember being was a size 18 at 17 years old and now 10 years and 2 kids later I find myself easily filling a size 28.

I've never really bothered to diet before I've always been fairly comfortable within my own skin but after Christmas something just clicked inside of me, I want a healthier life for me and for my children it's no more than we deserve.

Thankfully I have the most wonderfully hubby who has decided to join the diet with me. We have chosen to follow slimming world getting books and info off the Internet as we are unable to join classes. And I'm pleased to say that just over 3 weeks into it we have both lost over a stone I'm already down to a size 26 and feeling I could keep going on this diet forever, I want this so badly for myself and my family that I truly believe I can do it!! My aim is to be 15 stone by my birthday in august ( I started at 22 stone 3lb) that's a stone a month ambitious I know but it's my goal and my focus.

I'm looking forward to reading other peoples stories and sharing things.

Sorry to waffle on it's just nice to find somewhere to share so openly without feeling ashamed or judged. Xx

welcome and congrats on the weight loss thats fantastic

I was a size 26 for many years and am now a size 12. I still can't believe how I feel every morning now that I am slimmer and that's what reminds me every day not to revert back to how I used to eat.

Good luck on your journey and if anyone can help with any aspect of losing weight you'll find it here.

Jan x

Thankyou everyone. All the before and after photos are so inspiring. And look forward to sharing our journey with you all x

Back