hey guys im back, but need lots of advice

natalieann

Silver Member
hello all i cam a few weeks back then went back on lipotrim but ended up with really bad tummy pains etc, i just cant seem to drink the shakes anymore, so back for another go at atkins, anyway ive only lost 1.5lbs this week, was hoping for more, so what am i doing wrong

i cant seem to get the hang of counting these carbs..........althought all i eating is eggs, meats cheese and veg, maybe i eating too much veg, can anyone give me a typical menu or maybe give me a link to a weekly menu of atkins just with the foods im using above as im skint this week so cant buy anything else,,,,,,,,

ive basically got chicken,pork chops, bacon, steaks, sausages with only 1,0g carbs each....peppers, red onions, lettuce, soft cheese, hard cheese, eggs and mayo

im just finding it really hard to think of anything to eat but omllettes with meat on the side:cry:

I struggled at first but basically you can eat anything you would but without the side order of carbs, careful with sauces too but there are some you can have. If you want something really tasty then search the cheeseburger pie thread, i was struggling for dinner ideas and that really did the job. Think is as you are most of the way there weight wise it may not be as quick for you as it is for others, i had a big loss the first week and have slowed right down since.

thanks hun il go look for that and try it,im just finding it really hard to work out the carbs for things, and yes i feel like after my 3 stone loss ive maybe hit a wall

Reactions: Jim
Yeah, it wont be a wall as such just a temporary uphill section, then you'll get going again.
All the carbs are supposed to come from veg, I think Jim recommends 2 to 3 mugfuls of leafy type veg. A few carbs in a bit of mayo shouldnt really cause too much concern but if you stick to meat and veg with some cheese then i imagine you wont be far wrong. You could try chicken stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon with a salad or lots of veg, thats good even off a diet!

Hi Natalie, welcome back. Have you read the stickies at the top love? Yes, as Jade says, I recommend you eat plain meat and three mugs of chopped green veggies a day, no FRANKENFOODS. :)

Hi Natalieann

A few thoughts personally I would ditch the red pepper and onion as they are quite carby might be putting you over your limit? Also have you lots of spices around maybe try marinading your chicken or pork chop serve with cauli rice. Maybe mince up your chicken for some chicken burgers or bolognaise (careful of the tomato sauce part though) ...
Search on-line loads of low carb recipes or the stickies at the top or the what I'm eating today thread.

Good Luck!

Yeah, it wont be a wall as such just a temporary uphill section, then you'll get going again.
All the carbs are supposed to come from veg, I think Jim recommends 2 to 3 mugfuls of leafy type veg. A few carbs in a bit of mayo shouldnt really cause too much concern but if you stick to meat and veg with some cheese then i imagine you wont be far wrong. You could try chicken stuffed with cream cheese and wrapped in bacon with a salad or lots of veg, thats good even off a diet!

hmmm the chicken thing sounds yummy, ill try that for tea

Hi Natalie, welcome back. Have you read the stickies at the top love? Yes, as Jade says, I recommend you eat plain meat and three mugs of chopped green veggies a day, no FRANKENFOODS. :)

whats frankenfoods lol
Hi Natalieann

A few thoughts personally I would ditch the red pepper and onion as they are quite carby might be putting you over your limit? Also have you lots of spices around maybe try marinading your chicken or pork chop serve with cauli rice. Maybe mince up your chicken for some chicken burgers or bolognaise (careful of the tomato sauce part though) ...
Search on-line loads of low carb recipes or the stickies at the top or the what I'm eating today thread.

Good Luck!

right ok the peppers and onions are gone for now then deffo, and thats a good idea mincing the meat for burger yum:D

i think im gona make a weekly menu adding up the carbs before i make it, if i stick to that i hopefuly wil have better losses

Hello and welcome back. I plan my meals (every meal) on a weekly basis when i get my shopping in. I know what im going to be eating a week on sunday!!!! I have a meal planner (bit like a ww or sw one) and i write down my carbs of each meal so im not going over. Dont forget things like milk and cream have carbs too. (although you shouldnt be having milk.)
It also helps with getting stuff out of the freezer..i actually make a note to say 'get fish out' or whatever so its ready to be cooked. get planning, get organised :D

Hello and welcome back. I plan my meals (every meal) on a weekly basis when i get my shopping in. I know what im going to be eating a week on sunday!!!! I have a meal planner (bit like a ww or sw one) and i write down my carbs of each meal so im not going over. Dont forget things like milk and cream have carbs too. (although you shouldnt be having milk.)
It also helps with getting stuff out of the freezer..i actually make a note to say 'get fish out' or whatever so its ready to be cooked. get planning, get organised :D

great advice, well my sister has joined me now doing atkins, and she coming today so we can sit and do some menus together:D she was on lipotrim too, i think we both need to eat for our sanity:eek: i do always forget to get stuff out to defrost lol im terrible, so it will be pinned on my fridge now

FRANKENFOODS are LC and SF products love. :)

I have been watching this thread to find out about Frankenfoods too, but I don't know what SF and LC are? I am guessing that LC is low calorie?

Low carb products like shakes and bars of chocolate, atkins breakfast bars, low carb tortillias etc. can make you stall. Although sometimes I eat 1/3 of a low carb, bar of chocolate. It's all you need it your finding it really tough to go without chocolate.

haha yeah i dint know what lc and sf were either but now i do lol, thanks guys ill keep yoou al updated

Back