Hey, Newbie with over 20 stone to lose

Well done lovely - a great idea to keep moving too as if I'm thinking of the right one, is it the one where you don't actually sit on it - it's just a thing that pedals whilst watching tv or under your desk? :)

Would showing your OH this forum help him out too? :)

Yep that's the one Princess - should be here tomorrow :) Looking forward to using it too. OH went to the gym today and the personal trainer there wants to meet me although I want to lose a few more stone before I venture into the gym first. Oh he knows about the forum and how lovely and supportive everyone is but it's not his thing, I think he'd rather be chatting about fishing lol.

Hey broadsbean, of course i don't mind! Welcome to the thread. Lets encourage each other and do this thing!

Had some gorgeous miso soup today which Tesco have started to sell, and got some of their donut nectarines again as they're only 45 calories so can fill up when I have a few calories left. Also found the Tesco own thins are much nicer than Warburtons - they're fluffier and don't fall apart as much. One of those with a tomato and a slice of ham makes a lovely sandwich for lunch (if I'm not eating the John West Lunch dishes or my PB2 sandwiches). I'm feeling a whole lot more positive tonight, in fact today has been really good so I hope next week it'll show on the scales. Filled up with cauliflower rice at dinner too so I'm not that hungry in the evening then.

I still have that vision in my head of me at a smaller size which is pushing me on. Visualisation is amazing if you can do it. Think that's what's kept me motivated for so long now.

Brilliant day today, started off with a natural bar instead of yogurt today, my PB2 and low sugar jam (always cheers me up) for lunch and 120g venison steak, 2 WW sausages, egg, mushrooms, onions and a couple turkey rashes for dinner. AND had a couple of good sessions with the Davina Mini Bike (I'm sitting on our kitchen stool doing it) and it's fab to use. Counts the calories you're losing too so to start me off today just done 2 x 50 calorie sessions then going to up it each day. Can also use it with your arms too.

Plus found out the article I wrote for someone - their boss as over the moon with it and shared it with the whole office lol. Good day all round I think.

How's everyone else doing?

xx

PS: Also found Morrisons do 15g bags of popcorn (as a multipack) for just 76 calories a bag - they have salted, sweet and salt/sweet so bought a few of them to pick when I need to.

sounds like a good day :D liking the sound of the bike must have a look at this.
i do go to the gym but mainly just to swim. go to a private one with a small pool and no kids, i go around 8.30am when all the yummy mummy's are taking kids to school :(

i have set my self the challenge of going to an aqua areobics class by the end of the year. :eek:

I can't swim :( But what I will do is as soon as my OH's shoulder is better, I'll alternate between the boxing and the bike, then once I'm down to 22 stone, I'll get the doc to refer me to the gym too. I'm a bit like you - I'm a little too shy to go when there are loads of people at the gym, so will go during the day. Lucky at our gym there are quite a few older people so they're not as intimidating as the younger crowd.

i don't actually swim, i can but don't i walk up and down and some high impact stuff that can't do on land :eek:
the physio recommended it as apparently the water resistance increases its worth. over half the people i see in the pool also walk odd isn't it :)
when i lost weight last time i got quite good at exercise, walking the dog, 45 min gym sessions 3 times a week and some epileptic hippo zumba on the wii. once i have lost a couple of stone i intend to start doing it again.

2 days in now and feeling positive hope you have had a good day x

I'm too embarrassed to go to the pool at the moment as it's pretty much overrun with teenagers where we are.

That's some achievement there with the exercise and you'll get there again in no time. I want to try and strengthen my back so I can start walking again as it's shot to pieces with the weight and the injury I had years ago so working on my legs with the bike, I'm hoping helps my back, then once I've got another few stone off I'll probably go to the pool and try some walking there.

Well done on 2 days - take each day at a time and then in 6 months you'll turn around, 7 stone lighter and feeling fab. Just don't take your eye off the goal. It's what's keeping me going right now, me in shorts and a tee on the beach in Zante :)

xx

do you know i need to start going to the pool ours opens at 7 so im not sure if its busy are not x x

It would be great for supporting your limbs and joints in the water too - but I understand totally your reseverations. No judgement at all :) Would it be worth ringing and asking when their busy/quiet times are? Are there any days with no classes booked where it's pretty quiet? Any times - v early/v late/in between? where it has space? :)

Sounds like you're having a great time - well done with the bike and the writing too! :) xxx You sound like your confidence is fighting back :D xx

i agree psp panda give them a ring x x

Well the gym do have quiet times during the week but I still won't go till I've lost a bit more as I don't think I'd feel very comfortable if I do.

Anyway, it's going well with the bike, managed a 1lb this week so I'm happy. Although I have seriously overdone it today by eating far too many donut nectarines... oops. Ate 4 in one sitting as they were sooooo scrummy. And it's definitely TOTM this week as I'm been crying my eyes out today for no reason so it's just round the corner so I'm bloating out like a puffer fish with the fluid. Tough being a girlie.

I've managed to keep up the biking too - I want to do at least 4 sessions (only little 50 calorie ones but shorter sessions burn more fat apparently) and my OH seems to be enjoying the bedroom exercise too at the moment ;) It's amazing how losing a fair bit of bulk gets the ol appetite for life back. It's like we've just got together again lol! I know, TMI... ;)

Everyone having a good week so far? Monday's are generally awful but here's to a fab week for us all!

Jackie xx

*blush* lol!

Sounds Like you're having a great time.
well done on your progress, Im sure once TOTM passes you'll feel better.

maybe the gym isn't as bad as you fear. Even if people do look - so what?! they'll be thinking how amazing you are for facing your problems head on!

well done panda i do agree losing weight does make a difference in the bedroom :love::drool:

I'm good hun!

Had a couple of amazing meals this week via Gousto - all calorie counted too. Cajun Chicken has got to be my favourite right now though as I was literally stuffed after eating it and slept like a baby afterwards. Also tried tomato stuffed peppers - WOW. Seriously gorgeous and I hate red peppers but just pour a tsp of sherry vinegar over the tomatoes (we used cherry tomatoes) that are cut in half and stuffed into the pepper half and cook for 30 mins. They taste amazing plus under 50 calories for just half. Having the pepper today with salad and a piece of fish. Love experimenting with new stuff.

Managed to twist my shoulder yesterday though when I got on the floor to play with the dogs (hadn't managed that in quite a while, and managed to get back up again too on my own). Forgot how much fun it can be with the scamps.

How's everyone doing so far this week then???

Back