Hey, Newbie with over 20 stone to lose

That's weird :confused: is it on religious grounds or something? It suks when you're not listened too doesn't it.

Good luck chezz!

Hope you're ok, Bubbly

Catholic as are most people here but she still lives in the dark ages and just doesn't believe in it. :/

my old doctors where the same but these i go to know are great x x

Hi bubbypanda

I'm new here and will confess to having not ready your entire thread however over 7st lost is truly inspiring to a newbie such as me- well done!
I'm just subscribing to your thread.

Hi all

Just had a rough few weeks. Lost my uncle and also one of my little dogs so it's been tough. Haven't really been sticking to it much as my SAD has kicked in, but trying not to go over my BMR and maintained rather than lost any but I'm just not coping so well with losing it while my head isn't in the right place. So just decided to keep to my BMR calories for a while until I feel the SAD fade a bit then will go hell to leather again. Want to get 8 stone off next year so as long as I don't put it on right now I'm happy. Although I am eating a bit too much chocolate for my liking. Going to try and knock that on the head for the next week as it gives me terrible headaches.

And for the first time ever, I'm having dreams where I'm slim. Never ever had slim dreams before, so something is changing as I've had them now for nearly a week lol. Still a massive learning curve even at this stage as I'm noticing my triggers more and trying to correct them but with the SAD and everything else... well, I just don't want to beat myself up over anything.

xx

Well I think I know what some of the problem has been with having that long plateau. I have tried to keep my blood sugar between 2-3 BUT diabetics are supposed to keep it above 4 which it was when I was losing the masses of weight as the amount of insulin I had to take plummeted. I found out yesterday that if you go below 4 your body goes into starvation mode. As you know, if the body goes into starvation mode, it starts storing fat so I would imagine that's what it's been doing which is why I didn't lose anything for nearly 8 weeks. Might also account for the sugar cravings I've been getting. So I've now modified the amount of insulin that I'm taking so it doesn't take my blood reading below 4. Hopefully that'll help. I can't believe though why I didn't realise it before because it makes so much sense!

xxx

hi love sorry to hear of your losses lovely and im glad your still fighting it though hun x x x

Back